Thread: Vectrex Web Wars

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Vectrex Web Wars

Okay, first off, to the NECG guy who sacrificed his own deal so I could buy this from someone else... YOU ARE THE MAN. YOU WERE RIGHT.

Second, I find it absolutely stunning that a 20+ year old system can still make you say HOLY SHIT when you play a game for the first time. There is no substitute for true vector gaming.

Third, I have a gameplay question. I get to about the 7th or 8th creature to capture but every time I try to grab it with the capture rod it just kills me. Is there a maximum velocity at which you can capture creatures? Is there some technique for the creatures at this point and after I haven't found yet? I'm racking up pretty good scores, usually have all of my lives left to this point, but then these creatures seem to me can't be captured.

What am I missing?
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Vectrex Web Wars

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    Okay, first off, to the NECG guy who sacrificed his own deal so I could buy this from someone else... YOU ARE THE MAN. YOU WERE RIGHT.

Second, I find it absolutely stunning that a 20+ year old system can still make you say HOLY SHIT when you play a game for the first time. There is no substitute for true vector gaming.

Third, I have a gameplay question. I get to about the 7th or 8th creature to capture but every time I try to grab it with the capture rod it just kills me. Is there a maximum velocity at which you can capture creatures? Is there some technique for the creatures at this point and after I haven't found yet? I'm racking up pretty good scores, usually have all of my lives left to this point, but then these creatures seem to me can't be captured.

What am I missing?
    there is a minumum speed to pick up the creatures, but no maximum to my knowledge.
    you have to go a certain speed to grab each creature.
    i had problems at first, but i have made it up past those doing it that way

willie

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Vectrex Web Wars

Quote Originally Posted by wberdan
    there is a minumum speed to pick up the creatures, but no maximum to my knowledge.
    you have to go a certain speed to grab each creature.
    i had problems at first, but i have made it up past those doing it that way

willie
    A minimum speed... that's an approach I haven't tried yet. I'll give that a shot, though that makes it far more difficult.

COULD YOU IMAGINE THESE GAMES ON A LARGE SCREEN?

I have to say I LOVE playing Vectrex games with a Dual Shock... just rocks, I mean ROCKS.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.