Thread: N-Gage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default N-Gage

Anyone have one?

If you do, how much did you pay for it?

I am thinking of getting one, but will only get it used, because for that price, I could get 2 sp's.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never thought I would say this but, I really like mine.
    I play it all the time.
    I do Nes and Mame Emulation on it.
    The Nes emulation isn't perfect (sound is off), but it's cool.
    And the actual N-Gage games are all fun.

I like it because the screen is real bright and sharp. After playing on the washed out GBA SP screen it brings a tear to my eye to play on a bright non-washed-out screen.

Yea it has it's faults , but I like it.

And you should be able to get one used with a game or two for around $125-$135 on Ebay.

One note of caution is that you're going to need a mmc media card also . A 128mb mmc cost me $70 at Circuit City.

Also they are going to release a new redesigned N-Gage at E3 in May, So you may want to wait for it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

N-Gages are getting close to the GBA SP - you can get one bundled with Fifa 2004 for 150Euro here in Germany.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wonder if there will be some sort of super cheap blow out on the first models when the new one comes out in may?
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey, I love my N-Gage, which was free (in the UK anyway). I got Sonic, Tony Hawk's and Prince of Persia so far.
    As for the MMC card, that's a must, my 256MB card stores 4 albums in AAC format, or 4 two hour films in Real Player format.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

A new redisgned N-Gage? Why? If you take a piece of shit and mold it into a trophy.....in the end it's still a piece of shit.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Someone offered me $5 and a half-eaten cheese sandwich, and I still wouldn't take their Ngage.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Except for "Tom" who got a free N-Garbage anyone who thinks that it is a good gaming platform should be fined for saying so. (due to him not paying for it disqualifies his opinion) Why oh why would anyone compliment that pile of overpriced junk with the nifty sideways phone? Has anyone who leaves their house at least once a week ever seen anyone using that thing? Nope- and lets see bad reviews everywhere (mags, online, stores ect.) Put it to rest for the love of Mel Gibson!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Stark has a good point....has anyone...EVER seen anyone using one as a phone? I work in a mall, and never ever seen it. Once seen a kid playing one, thats it...not even on TV do you see commercials with people using them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Stark has a good point....has anyone...EVER seen anyone using one as a phone? I work in a mall, and never ever seen it. Once seen a kid playing one, thats it...not even on TV do you see commercials with people using them.
    Yes. I have seen people using it. Granted the guy got it for free, but he uses it all the time. He even laid his old cell phone to rest when he got it, instead of selling it to make some cash.

I like mine also. Great layout for puzzle games. Great screen and sound too. And, if you sit and read the manual like you would for any other cell phone, it's not that hard to figure out how to use.

I got it for Christmas, but my parents paid full retail price for it and two games and recieved a $100 gift card.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I had one and I thought it was pretty decent. I didn't get to do much on it since I only had Tomb Raider for it and I really hate that game.....to be quite honest. Anyways, bigger expenses came along and I decided I should part with the thing that was least closest to my heart and still retained some value.

I probably would have kept it because I get an unbelievable kick out of emulation on a device other than a PC. I usually don't ever use it, like on my GBA and Xbox. I'm lucky if I play it for 2 hours a month but I still like fiddling with it. Now, the reason I didn't keep it. I couldn't find an MMC card that wasn't online or ended up costing an arm and a leg so out the door it went. I don't know exactly what they could change about the layout except I can't truely imagine playing Sonic N on that screen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A new redisgned N-Gage? Why? If you take a piece of shit and mold it into a trophy.....in the end it's still a piece of shit.
    Sorry, I don't quite follow that logic...remember the Game Gear? A redesigned N-Gage doesn't sound that bad at all...it could be the Gear of this generation.

Remember, when you try to mold poo you've still got a mass of fiber...but when you redesign a console, you can start relatively fresh :)

I'm with Christian (Montgomery???) Scott on this...I like the prospect of seeing a price-dropped original N-Gage soon.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gurantee that everyone who posted above that Hates the N-Gage never owned one or used it for more than a minute or two.
    Once again Ignorant people love to run their mouths.

Yes most of the reviews are bad, and yes I would NEVER use it as a phone. But if you ACTUALLY PLAY THE SYSTEM , you probably will like it.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't like how the screen is vertical, but otherwise, the N-gage's screen is SUPERB. Makes the SP's screen look like a pice of crap.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea i dont see why yall dislike the N-Gage so much... i believe its because u've been told to dislike it... u read a couple of reviews by a couple of ppl who disliked it and ur anti-N-Gage. So far the only reason i've seen for yall disliking it is because... [ it has a phone and u dont see ppl using it as a phone ] ... damn thats a good reason to hate N-gage... damn those basterds for throwing in extra functions.. i've never owned or played an N-Gage.. but if it were cheaper, i would love to have one... in my opinion the only thing i see wrong with it, is the price.

if ur gonna talk about how bad something is, atleast give some good reasons to why you think its bad, i'm not saying its not bad, like i've said i've never played one before, but i havent seen any reasons to why yall hate it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I don't own one, but if the re-designed one is cool, then I might consider buying it. Wider screen, less buttons, and a better way to put games in would mkae it cool.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Yeah, I've played one. I hate how you need to go through so much hassle to change games, even starting one up is not easy. I hate how the games are watered down ports with nothing fresh or even worth buying. I hate how poor the sound is. And I hate how cramped and tight the controls are and how they don't give you the pin point accuracy you need. And of course, the phone aspect of it. Is that enough reasons?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

as long as u give reasons, i'm cool lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried one out when they had the demo display stands at Gamestop, EB, etc. I was frustrated by all the buttons. Granted, I've never changed a game myself, but from what I've read on how to do it, it sounds like a hassle. Nokia shot themselves in the foot with that. If not that expensive MMC card.

I'd like to see a redesigned N-Gage, with an easier way to load games and a more convienent button configuration. And of course, a lower price.

The other night, on the bus, I saw this guy with his friend, who asked to use his friend's phone, and his friend handed him his N-Gage and explained how to use it as a phone. That's the only time I have ever seen it used as a phone. But then again, I rarely see anyone with an N-Gage at all. Probably two or three times total since it was released.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My friend bought one and uses it as a phone every time he gets a call I can't help but laugh at how stupid he looks talking into it why they didn't put the ear and mouth pieces on the back instead of the top edge is a mystery to me ^-^

Besides if I wanted to get a portible machine for emulation I'd much rather get a GP32. Having gotten to try out my friends N-Gage I wasn't impressed by the keypad buttons on it at all and the screen although nice and crisp should be the other way around it feels wrong being vertical.

The worst sin of all is how BAD Puzzle Bobble is on it, seriously how is it possible to turn the cream that is Puzzle Bobble into something worse than Snood? (and yes I know that isn't the N-Gages fault it's the game programmers)