Thread: SEALED SNES games: Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X3, Mario RPG

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SEALED SNES games: Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X3, Mario RPG

basically never had time to open these.
    thank god for my laziness to even play video games!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=62053

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3087177598

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3087178844

plus i have N64 game sealed: Turok2, Rogue Squadron, and StarFox64

only games i never played but opened were the Zelda n64 games. i really doubt they would get that much money sealed anyways.

i also have some semi-rare anime dvd box sets, hehe.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the record, you have got to be the craziest person I know for starting with that kind of price. If you want to bring the most interest, start bidding at $1. They will reach their full potential. With a starting price like $300 or $400, alot of people lose interest automatically. Plus it costs a bundle to start an auction at a price like that. You pay for the starting price....keep it cheap. On a related note, nice games you've got there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yikes, that megaman has a $70 price tag on it...you paid $70 and didn't find the time to play it? you are the craziest person every. i figure crono trigger went for about $70 back then too, no?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoisKeel
    yikes, that megaman has a $70 price tag on it...you paid $70 and didn't find the time to play it? you are the craziest person every. i figure crono trigger went for about $70 back then too, no?
    Imagine the big N's pricing scheme if they didn't have competition BIG TIME. I remember buying lots of $60 and $70 N64 games.......with a paer route. Rip...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    For the record, you have got to be the craziest person I know for starting with that kind of price. If you want to bring the most interest, start bidding at $1. They will reach their full potential. With a starting price like $300 or $400, alot of people lose interest automatically. Plus it costs a bundle to start an auction at a price like that. You pay for the starting price....keep it cheap. On a related note, nice games you've got there

actually.... someone offered me $500 for chrono and $500 for mega man x3. he is also interested in my N64 games too, and my Nintendo Power (# 1- 100, including all 4 Shadows of Empire covers; and a few of the pre-Nintendo Power newsletters).

cmosfm was saying these games could get more than $500???? is that true??
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...=300759#300759

anyways... as for auction fees: yesterday until midnight was 50cent day. all auction list was 50cents... basically i set the prices at what I KNOW i could sell to a mutual friend. anyways, this way i knew i could cover all my bases.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoisKeel
    yeah it is kinda dumb... I received my first Nintendo when I was about 7 i think. I am an only child so it was kind of tough for me in a certain way. I basically grew up playing Nintendo games with a select group of friends. I became kind of dependent on one of my friends, since he has at my house more than he was at his own, kind of like having a brother. Our favorite thing to do was going to the $1 video store and rent video Nintendo games. Eventually we came up timesharing on beating video games, I would play for 10 hours, then he would... bleh bleh... anyways, something happened and I never saw him again. this was when i was in 8th grade - 9th grade going into High School. Actually I specifically remember that I got into the "ruined world" in FF III when this event happened. anyways... my interest in video games tapered off. i'd play a game for 10 minutes and lose interest, and i kept buying games intending to play them but some of them i never opened...

sorry this might seem awkward to hear. i just don't think it is that weird given the circumstances. well anyways, hopefully someone will appreciate these games whether they intend to open them or not.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't end auctions like these early for one thing and I was mainly concerned about the interest check. You knock alot of people out of the running with start prices like that where they may consider it if they get to watch the price rise. Anyways, best of luck getting good cash for those as I'm sure you will.

As well, i forgot about the 50 cents thing since I used it to.....duh!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ah i see

I didn't know it made a difference. thanks for the tip though, even though i don't have any other rare finds like these (game wise) ....i have other rare goodies. I might be able to do this for other stuff like my rare anime stuff. sigh... too many anime posters... i don't know where to put them anymore!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default how much do you think these will go for?

I don't know how much these usually go for... i though $100 was high...

what is the most an SNES game has fetched?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i need a lot of cash, b/c i am going overseas.... but i dunno how much these will go for

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: how much do you think these will go for?

Quote Originally Posted by redxix
    I don't know how much these usually go for... i though $100 was high...

what is the most an SNES game has fetched?
    Well if you count the competition carts its like $400-$500. If not, then it would be the Mountain Bike/Speed Racer combo cart sealed that went for what, $400?

Nice lot of stuff you have there. I personally would have started the bidding at $5 then watched the bidding commense, but that's just me.

Good luck with your auctions!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RedxIX

Final Fantasy 2-3 and Chrono trigger have made $500 when sealed multiple valid times. Everybody doesn't remember this it happens over time while I was looking specifically for those at a time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Additionally to what Ballon said Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 2-3 have sold for starting prices of $500 and if someone misses the chance on that then start it at a $1 with your own reserve. There are less of these now and not every one who is in it for these has everything yet. It started that they sold sealed in the majority when before gamecube was being sold and everyone looked ahead but didn't know what the future had coming.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay, so $500 is the upper yield for chrono. i am guessing that MM X3 is a little rarer sealed, so i guess it is unknown what the upper yield is.

thanks for the info.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know which game is more prevalent.

Maybe the person looking for a sealed MegamanX3 is a little more rare than the person looking for sealed Chrono Trigger.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i see. thanks for all the input.