Well, here's a topic I've had on my mind for a few days, just wanted to keep it until today so I wasn't spamming up the Forum :) Anyhow, this is a "battle of the handhelds," to determine which is the more popular underdog system!

The Lynx has everybody in the graphics fanatic department stunned...it was the most advanced handheld of the 1980s and had processing power to compete with NEC and Sega's later handheld consoles, the PC-Engine GT/TurboExpress and the Nomad. Collecting (even brand new games) for it is mostly quite easy, and common games can be had on eBay just about any day for $10 or less. Finally, Todd's Adventures in Slime World looks to be just about the most amazing handheld game, ever :)

A handheld Neo Geo would've been nice, right? Bigger, badder, better (just give it a three letter acronym, a human-portable car battery pack and a stand for the thing to strap to your chest, eh)? The Neo Geo Pocket Color NGPC might have a NES-level graphics palette, but look at any of the games on the system and you'll quickly forget about it. It seems generally accepted that the NGPC has one of the highest good to junk games ratios of EVERY system known to man. The ports of games from its bigger brothers the AES and MVS are very well done and so are all the original games I've seen yet far.

Two systems, two contenders and no way out. Two systems are gonna enter that cage but only ONE is coming out. Which is YOUR favorite?

Bonus round: I've added the Bandai WonderSwan (Crystal, so you can play any game in the library) for those looking for an Other option.