Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Default Poor Customer Service

My boyfriend wanted to try out a new BBQ restraunt in another town next to us, so while we were there we stopped at the mall. Their store selection was a little lame -I don't know why any mall needs three maturnity stores- but I stopped in at EBX and decided to buy ICO.

They only had a used copy, which was fine it was in good condition and I'm not going to find the game new in any stores around here. So I asked to see the disk, cashier handed me both copies, I looked them over, picked the better of the two. Then he started to pull out his stupid sticker to seal the cover of the game and I asked him politely not to and added that I promise not to return the game. (I've always done this at other EB stores without hassle) The clerk tells me no that he has to put stickers on all used games. So then I explain to him that the stickers leave a mark on the box and if he could please just not use the sticker. So then he calls over the assistent manager and tells him that I don't want the sticker and the kid tells me again that they have to put stickers on. To which I reply that I don't have to buy the game and I'm definately not going to if he puts the sticker on the box. So then I explain to him again why I don't want the sticker that I'm not returning it and add that another EB manager told me to just ask that they don't use the stickers. So then the kid looks at me and says "Oh so you know a manager do you?" like I was lying or something...

So anyway they finally give me my god damn game, sticker free, and tell me "Fine. But you can't return it." Apparently he didn't hear me the first three times I said I wasn't going to.

So anyway what are your gaming store service horror stories?
    ________
    PLYMOUTH A ENGINE
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thier all like that when I went to buy my Disgaea, they tried to sell me the store copy without letting me look at the disc. and told me it was new
    My Collection:
    http://www.webspawner.com/users/atariman/index.html

My Want/Trade List
    http://www.webspawner.com/users/atariman2/index.html

Curren Totals:
    Games: 327
    Systems: 12

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Actually my EBGames has pretty good service...then again, I've been friendly with the manager for years now (I've been a semi-regular since the days of the SNES). She keeps a list of games that I need/want right next to the PlayStation cabinet and calls me whenever any of them come in, and she also has informed everyone that I do NOT want those damn stickers either.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my EB wont give you the manual unless you ask for it

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I stopped going to the EB here because of those damn stickers. They simply won't sell me the game without them. Just give me a damn receipt, jeez.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny you posted this. I was just at Gamestop the other day to take advantage of the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal. One of the games I picked up was Kessen II. I took the box off the shelf and took it to the cashier. I know they usually have more copies behind the counter that they'll give you and put the one you bring up to them back on the shelf. Well, the one they had behind the counter was missing the manual and had stickers all over it. The disc was all scratched up too. I politely asked them if I could have the other one that I had brought up (the instructions were in the display box but missing in the one he wanted to give me) to the counter. The cashier said he couldn't give that one to me because it had the price sticker w/ bar code on it and the other didn't. Like he was too lazy to print out a new sticker for the crappy box and put that one on the shelf. I then told him well I don't want it then. Another guy came out and said "just let him have it." Sheez. What is the problem with these guys. Other than dealing with whiny kids and people who don't bathe on days end, they have a pretty easy job.

As for the EB stickers, I just have to laugh when they put them on PS1 and DC cases. Don't they realize you can just flip the cover off the other way by pulling the hinges on the jewel case?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

i could tell you 20+ stories about bad CS.

but yesterday i went to one i used to go to all the time. and picked up 18 copies of SMB/dh to tile my wall. and with the buy 2 get one free cheap becomes cheaper!

anyways it's windy as hell out here and things are blowing in front of the store so there is a swirling pile of garbage that don't look too good, but hey even i say hell it's windy...might as well wait.
    Well here comes a shift change and 2 guys leave and 3 come in(i take forver in the store) this manager comes in the last of the 2 other guys. While i'm bringing these stuff up, he starts in on them on why the hell didn't they pick up the garbage in front of the store.
    He did it it wasn't hard, all he did was bend over...blah blah... here I am waiting and he tells them to look out the glass, whats wrong with you and is yelling at them.

WTF, i'm the only one in the store....and am waiting to get checked out. You can't wait....must you do that in front of a customer???
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.