Thread: X68000 emulation

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default X68000 emulation

Is there information in English on the best configurations, etc. to get various X68000 emulators to run well? I've been messing around for the past couple days and it's always been one thing or another that I either couldn't find or just isn't a present feature in whatever emulator. Winx68k has given me the best results when it comes to compatibility so far, but I'm wondering if any of the others have better display modes. The lack of vsync in any of the windowed modes is kind of driving me nuts. Full screen with vsync is...ok, I guess. But there's apparently a bug that makes the borders flicker between black and a lighter black color if I use the menu at all after going into full screen mode.

I'm guessing the reason there's no stretch mode with vsnyc is that it would be too slow?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am also interested in this because I want to be able to play the downtown nekketsu games and the parodius game eventually and not have to buy the system to play them.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: X68000 emulation

Quote Originally Posted by Li Wang
    I'm guessing the reason there's no stretch mode with vsnyc is that it would be too slow?
    It's been my experience that the system's resolution varies wildly from game to game... and sometimes one game will even use multiple resolutions! That could make a stretch mode impractical.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm probably one of the few people that know anything about X68000 emulation. There's basically no english information on X68000 emulation. I think there were also problems with playing Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari on Win68X. You might have to use the other emulator for that. Also if your using Win68X make sure your using the Hi version. As for the different displays I would have to look again. I'm busy with seliing my stuff so I don't have a whole lot of time to offer help in this matter.

Some of the multi disk game might be hard to play as you have to switch disk as you play them. Some games like Emerald Dragon can have like 6 or 7 different disks you have to switch between. You need a little Japanese knowledge or at least know Katakana.