Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Wario Ware?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone into Wario Ware?

I just picked myself up a copy of the game for the GC and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Any thoughts on the good or bad portions of the game? Anyone know if there are GC exclusive unlockables or the like?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Most of the multiplayer games are good, though the turtles one seems to be the most popular (and funniest!). There's some extra modes to unlock, including the ability for 16 player rotating controller fun, 4 player skipping and paper planes etc. You also essentially get the GBA version in there too

I'll post it again heh... my review from last November...

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?pl...me=MadeInWario

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

I picked this game up a couple days ago, and I'm completely hooked. I like the multiplayer modes but sometimes they seem to be a little unfair....but it's still tons of fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm kinda dissapointed. I got the game yesterday thinking it was going to be different then the GBA counterpart. What I found was that all the games are the same Don't get me wrong, I love Wario Ware (GBA) and I could play the games over and over again, but did I really need to spend $30 when I have a Game Boy Player. I hope when I get some people over to play multiplayer it makes up for it. I don't know why they couldn't add more games, I doubt they would have taken long to make, this is what I get for not doing my research.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    I'm kinda dissapointed. I got the game yesterday thinking it was going to be different then the GBA counterpart. What I found was that all the games are the same Don't get me wrong, I love Wario Ware (GBA) and I could play the games over and over again, but did I really need to spend $30 when I have a Game Boy Player. I hope when I get some people over to play multiplayer it makes up for it. I don't know why they couldn't add more games, I doubt they would have taken long to make, this is what I get for not doing my research.
    I'm glad that I read this. This is one of my favorite GBA games, but if the GC version does not offer much more, I will wait until the price drops...

-Todd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toddst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    I'm glad that I read this. This is one of my favorite GBA games, but if the GC version does not offer much more, I will wait until the price drops...

-Todd
    Glad I could help

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the GBA version last year and I love it. It took me a good month to complete it all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default WW

I was surprised to see this at my local Gamestop the other day so I picked it up (didn't know it was coming out for GC). I don't have a GBA and only played the original a couple times, so I am enjoying it. Bringing it over to my sister's today for a little multiplayer.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

The Cube version really IS all about the multiplayer. If you're not gonna have the ability to play with other people much, then don't get it if you have the GBA version. So really... don't diss it because of what it is :P

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GBA version - game of the year

GC version - same thing, with a couple more multiplayer games

If you don't have either, GET the GBA version, it's MUCH more suited to a portable console than a home console.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

A couple more multiplayer games? It has 8 dedicated multiplayer setups (including the dance jive, balloon burst, turtle balancing and "follow the doctor") along with 4 player paper plane and skipping, a 16 player random "minigame to the death" tournament... loads more over the GBA version. And it INCLUDES the GBA version as part of it too

The only complaint people will have is that the minigames you play as part of the multiplayer are the same as before. True... though there are 30-40 new ones in there at least on top. Anyone who has or hasn't seen the GBA version can play this, though if you have, you get a slight headstart cos you know what to do in most of the minigames (whether you are still able to do it with multiple handicapping and difficulty levels is another matter!).

This has been played more than most other multiplayer games out, including MKDD and Halo... about the only thing beating it is Winning Eleven 7.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't seem to find Wario Ware for GBA anymore. I've been off the Game Boy wagon for a while, so I'm doing some catching up on the games. Now that I want to buy Wario Ware, I can't find it in any of the stores here. Is the GBA version out of print?
    THE ODYSSEY
    http://www.odysseyzine.com
    For those who turn up the stereo when they turn on their games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by odysseyzine
    I can't seem to find Wario Ware for GBA anymore. I've been off the Game Boy wagon for a while, so I'm doing some catching up on the games. Now that I want to buy Wario Ware, I can't find it in any of the stores here. Is the GBA version out of print?
    All of the stores by me have copies. You can easily find one at various online retailers.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man I was playing Wario Ware for the GC until 5:00 in the morning.

It's so addictive. I think my highest score is 250 on the Metroid minigame. Did anyone get a score as high as that or even higher on that particular minigame?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

i gotta rent this game. I keep hearing great things about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I rented it just today. Yep, its insane all right. You just gotta love the "Gold Digger" game.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wario ware is one of the best and most unique games I've played in a long time. But the GC version doesn't seem to have enough added to justify the $30, IMO. It feels more like an expansion pack. But if you don't already have the GBA one get this one! However, If it goes down to $19.99 I'll definintely buy it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default WW

I did play the multiplayer yesterday and I was not impressed. It throws that whole "see how many games you can win in a row" thing out of whack. We ended up taking turns playing the one-player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

well, i got the original gba version and loved it and my mom got a store display for the new gcn version the other day from kmart for me, so i figured i had to pick up the game. i didnt get much play time in, but i like this game a lot and cant wait to put a little more time into it
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I picked this up yesterday and am slightly dissappointed. I thought that I'd be buying the same Wario Ware I bought 10 months ago with better graphics and multiplayer... instead, this is pretty much the GBA version EMULATED. I can do that with my GB Player -.-

BTW, to all of you who are My Nintendo members, don't forget to register this game. Who knows if good ol' Ninty will release some special things to us who have enough registered games like with Club Nintendo and (Can't remember the exact name, but, you know, the the EU star program).
    Egbert, I miss you...