Thread: atari 2600/BMX airmaster: can someone help me out?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default atari 2600/BMX airmaster: can someone help me out?

I have a coupe of questions about the TNT release of BMX Airmaster. I am about to buy a couple of new, sealed ones and wanted to know what having them unopened and complete does to the price.
    I checked the rarity guide and it states 18 dollars for a loose one.

I checked atariage too and apparently TNT made a white label release and a red label release, the latter being rarer. Thing is this games are supposedly unopened so is there any way to find out which they contain, from looking at the box?

a big thank you in advance (I posted here as this post deals with buying and selling, and I feel its not right to post questions like this in any of the other forums - so sorry if you feel this is not in the right forum).
    madgear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default tnt

I would say it's more like $18 sealed, since it seems like a reasonable find, but still not worth a ton more than $10 or less. I dunno, I'm not that in touch with prices, but I think it goes for less loose on eBay these days, not that it matters.

The red label, as I understand it, is the pal version. If you mean the Atari release of this game, the NTSC version is almost impossibly rare. Like you just about never see it. that has a red label, but it's not released by TNT. I don't know of any TNT red label NTSC variants.

ian

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://atariage.com/software_search.html?SystemID=2600

that's where I was getting my info from (just type in BMX and check out the results), but I dunno, there seems to be some indescretions between the rarity guide on this site and that of atariage. I mean, there are thought out reasons for this, I certain, but I don't know which they are.Thanks for the input
    madgear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default pudding

The proof would be in the pudding. Present a Red label NTSC cart, and I'll believe it. I've never seen one. The one on the site is clearly the PAL one released by HES more than TNT, in my experience.

I wouldn't consider any rarity guide gospel, but you could write to the AA peeps to ask them about whether they are certain that they have a red label NTSC one. And I can also say that it would be easier to find a PAL Red label TNT BMX in AUS than it would be to find an NTSC White label TNT BMX in the US. So the rarity is a little skewed.

Also, consider repeating this post at atari age forums. They are into these kinds of details (like I am) more than the neo-classic weighted DPers.

-ian