Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Famicom SP owners. More Mini Famicom games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Attention Famicom SP owners. More Mini Famicom games...

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3338
    http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=255'

I was just alerted by Lik-Sang. There are more releases. The new ones:
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 11: Mario Brothers (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 12: Clu Clu Land (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 13: Balloon Fight (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 14: Wrecking Crew (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 15: Dr. Mario (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 16: Dig Dug (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 17: Takahashi Meijin's Adventure Island (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 18: Makaimura (Ghosts'n'Goblins) (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 19: Twinbee (JAP)
    GBA Famicom Mini Vol. 20: Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Douchuu (JAP)

Some of those are REALLY cool. I am partial to the Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario ports. I wouldn't MIND Mario Bros.. It could go with my 5 others on my SMA games. (I love my SMB port. If I had known the US version was coming, I would have waited. But it's a nice conversation piece.)

I know, $30 to import. Rip off. Buy the eReader cards. Blah Blah. Just throwing it out there for you to chew on.

Now, I wonder, with the Classic NES coming out here, will we also get these? I really really want Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario on my GBA. Plus, I might have to go for Wrecking Crew and Mario Bros. Clu Clu Land is cool too as is Adventure Island.

Please keep the "Too expensive to get an NES game" comments to a minimum.I think it's nice to see more of these. Of course, it just means the collectors have a lot more to spend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Attention Famicom SP owners. More Mini Famicom games...

Holy cow, Konami games?! I wonder which box art they'll use for Akumajo Dracula (games). :)

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I'm really just forward to Zelda although it's nice to see more of these. Anyway I thought they were $20... I remember them being a bit cheaper then normal new release GBA games.
    ________
    Silver surfer review
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    I'm really just forward to Zelda although it's nice to see more of these. Anyway I thought they were $20... I remember them being a bit cheaper then normal new release GBA games.
    They are $2. But of course, Lik-Sang is an Importer. So they're charging more. But the US versions of whatever we get (And I hope we get all 20 of these) will be $20 each.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It's already been confirmed that out of the first batch of 10 the US won't get Mappy or Star Soldier. If we get any of this new batch, I'm guessing it'll be the same with a couple titles that don't have as great potential for sales in the US dropped. My guess - TwinBee and Goemon (both being games that never even saw US releases before).

Anyway, I just heard about this news a few minutes ago, and I'm pretty excited. TwinBee is a must for me. Considering it's no easy task to find an official copy of the Famicom version, I don't think it'll be a significant price difference. Same goes for Goemon, but I'm not so crazy for the Famicom Goemon games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Balloon Fight, Adventure Island, and Dr. Mario are pretty sweet. I'll have to tell my sister...she's a huge Dr. Mario fan, and can't stand the original GB one, since the playfield is smaller.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$30 a pop is a rip-off. Any idiot can buy these for $17.50 in a Japanese electronics store. Not far from double the price from an importer.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch
    $30 a pop is a rip-off. Any idiot can buy these for $17.50 in a Japanese electronics store. Not far from double the price from an importer.
    Yes, but can most of us get to these stores. :P

Your right though...I will wait for the NES sp in June.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Of course it's cheaper if you actually live in Japan. :/ Every import is. I bet lots of Japanese people spend more money than I do to get products from the US.

$30 is actually a pretty good deal for these... When I was buying the Zelda port, I compared prices all over the web. Most stores charge more, and eBay is even worse. It all depends on how quickly and badly people want 'em. Sure, you can wait for them to come out in the US for $20 (higher than the cost of the Japanese versions, actually), but then you get crappier packaging. And I'm not even getting into the fact that some of them won't come out in the US at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought the SMB port with the very slight feeling US versions were coming, but it wasn't much of a big deal. Sure, it was $10 more, but at least I have my first Japanese Import. And the packaging is much cooler than what the US versions are going to be. (If they stick with the current plan.) Plus, it's oh so cool having the original SMB on my GBA without having to get an emulator or find it in Animal Crossing. I love it. (Sure, it's not as advanced as the other remakes. No special graphics, no level select, no extra eggs or coins to find. But it's classic. Pure 100% classic original SMB. And 100% the same as the one the US will get. (Except the menus. But you can figure that out easily.)

I was going to get Zelda. But when I hear the US was coming, I planned to get that instead. So I'm happy. US versions will be better. I'll probably also buy the US version of SMB. Just because.

All together I will absolutely buy Zelda, Dr. Mario, Balloon Fight and maybe Mario Bros. (Just because. It's the original! To go with my 5 remakes.)

I wonder. Remember a few weeks ago, in Japan, they released a special red display case for owners of the whole set.... What are they going to do now? Now there's TEN MORE games to display and no where to display them! Oh, the horror! Or they could just make a second case. Maybe blue this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    TwinBee is a must for me. Considering it's no easy task to find an official copy of the Famicom version...
    Was there a Famicom cartridge release (oh, guess there probably was)? The FDS version is cheaper than dirt (or at least what I consider to be dirt after laying down $60+ on a couple individual sealed FDS titles )

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    TwinBee is a must for me. Considering it's no easy task to find an official copy of the Famicom version...
    Was there a Famicom cartridge release (oh, guess there probably was)? The FDS version is cheaper than dirt (or at least what I consider to be dirt after laying down $60+ on a couple individual sealed FDS titles )
    Yeah it was released on cart first, then an FDS version came later. Konami also released Goonies on cart and FDS. Only difference between the two versions, is the FDS Twinbee and Goonies used the newer Konami logo on their title screens, (With the flags) where the original cart versions used the old logo.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Goemon one is tempting. Yes... I know the Famicom ones aren't quite the same as later Goemons... but it would still be nice.

I'm really hoping they start bringing out more enticing selections than Mario Bros (which I guarantee 90% of GBA owners have on one of the Super Mario Advances or M&L). They should release stuff like Zelda 2 and Castlevania!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This brings up a good question. And rather than start a new thread..

What NES games would you WANT to see put on these special edition GBA carts?

I for one would like:

Tetris
    Tengen would be nice, but not likely. More likely is the Nintendo version which is still awesome. And rather than carry an oversized original B/W GB Tetris with you, why not have the NES version? This would be my first choice. And would go great with Dr. Mario.

Marble Madness
    Really cool. Very cool idea.

Mighty Bomb Jack
    I love this game. I always have. I would love to see it again. Also not likely. But still cool.

Startropics
    Why the hell not? Great game. Had a not so great sequel. Then disappeared. I would love to try my hand at it on the GBA and damn hell I wish it would come true.

Fire 'n' Ice
    Another AWESOME PUZZLE GAME. Everyone knows about it. It would rock.

Kickle Cubicle
    YES YES YES!!! COme on! Do it! Do it! Do it!

TMNT II: The Arcade Game
    This would be great. Right down to the original Pizza Hut product placement.

Dragon Warrior
    Throwing it out as a suggestion. Rocks. Would kill for it. I know there was a GBC version. But it's not the same.

Pinball
    I love Pinball. I would love it on this. (Side topic, are there any 2600 compilations on the GBA that has Video Pinball?)

Ironsword
    Kuros needs to be GBA-ized. Fabio needs to be reincarnated on a GBA box.

These are 10 games I would LOVE to see.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All great choices. I definitely second Mighty Bomb Jack and Startropics, but I'd prefer an arcade-perfect port (or close to it) port of TMNT over the NES version.

What about the Lolo series? Those would be perfect for portable play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like to add Kid Icarus as an Honorable Mention.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Cheetahmen II.

What?

(Btw, I agree that the packaging is SWEET on these things...I almost didn't want to open mine for fear I wouldn't be able to put it back together without ruining it...yes, I'm THAT much of a klutz. )

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$30 is actually a pretty good deal for these...
    Pikmin 2:
    Suggested Retail 5800 yen
    Amazon.co.jp - 4900 yen
    Lik Sang $59.90

Lik Sang is selling a couple of bucks above the retail price. This is pretty standard for what I know. Despite the fact that the Famicom Minis are less than half the retail price of even the cheapest game, they're still tacking on $10 (33%). To me, that's a fuck job. $24-$25 seems more than fair.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Tetris
    Tengen would be nice, but not likely.
    A friendly little reminder of when our favorite gaming company was a monopolist, perhaps?

@ Arnold:
    Thanks for the info! That would certainly make Twinbee older than the FDS action series from Konami, which I hadn't guessed. The newer Konami logo was supposed to be waves, not flags (Konami = little wave).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be honest. I am more a fan of the Nintendo Tetris. Yeah. I am. I've played Tengen, but to me it looks like an old DOS game. The text throws me off. It looks all weird, and the music isn't the music I've grown used to. But of course, I don't want to start arguments, especially about something Nintendo won't do ever. (Tengen port.) But I would still love a GOOD Tetris on my GBA. Worlds doesn't count. I do not like the look. It is ugly. I would prefer the original NES version. Just to go with Dr. Mario.