I can't believe the bad luck that I'm having lately from a video game standpoint.

First last week my TurboGrafx-16 dies on me. Something went wrong with the controller input plug on the front of the unit. I thought it would be real easy to get another working Turbo without spending a fortune, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

And then today, my freaking NES dies!!!!. I can't believe it! I just finally found a copy of Contra for a decent price, and I go home and clean it and then later stick in the machine and my machine starts blinking like crazy. So I try different game carts. They all blink. Then I try blowing on the games. I get a purple screen on the TV. I tried just about everything and I can't get my NES to work.

I don't know what the deal is, because not too long ago I got a 72 pin connector and installed it, and after that everything worked fine. And I don't really play on it that much that it would already be having problems now.

This sucks.

What should I do?

Now I understand why people pay so much money for a top loader. They simply get sick of dealing with tempermental NES systems.