Thread: Near Completing A Goal...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Near Completing A Goal...

Coming into this year, one of my goals was to reach exactly 100 Dreamcast games in my library. Joe mentioned in another thread about Best Buy having some cheap games for PS2 and XBox and while there, I checked on their Dreamcast games and decided to take advantage of their 15 Dreamcast games for $50 offer. I was able to find 15 games I find that I would not hate to have in my collection (obviously, I won't know for sure until I actually get the games) and those will bring my collection up to 94 DC games. Now to make a list of games I really want to finish off that goal of 100 Dreamcast games. Of course, all these games are used so I may not get any manuals for them...but who reads manuals anyway? One oddity...there's a game they have listed as "Get Bass". The cover, except for the title, is the same photo as that for Sega's Bass Fishing game. Is this the same game with an alternate title? It would seem to be an oddity if it is. If it is, I may just get the regular version but we'll see.

I also ordered two XBox games...Legends of Wrestling II and MVP Baseball 2003.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Near Completing A Goal...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    Of course, all these games are used so I may not get any manuals for them...but who reads manuals anyway?
    Back when Shadows of the Empire came out my brother and I spent much of our vacation's travel time reading through the game's manual. I was rather pissed a few days ago to find out that my copy of Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness didn't come with a manual (and my goodness is that game ever tedious for folks who've already played the original - thus far, at least, there's a couple new/good spots).

As for the collecting goal, Get Bass and get 100 DC games ;D

Good stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm actually one game closer to my goal than I thought. I just found out one of my Dreamcast games wasn't with the others so when I did my latest count, I didn't include it. That means I only need 5 more. Maybe a visit to my local EB Games this weekend is in order...

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

IIRC - Get Bass was the Japanese release name of Sega Bass Fishing...I could be wrong though

congrats on nearing the goal!!
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks...I might just get another copy of Sega Bass Fishing. If that's the case, I'll put that in my sell box (I should really make such an actual box) and I'd still need another half-dozen to reach my goal. Of the 15 DC games I just ordered, I seemed to order a number of fighting games...Ready 2 Rumble, ECW & WWF wrestling, Ultimate Figher...but they didn't have that many good ones listed I didn't have yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the last 2 days since my last post, I went in search of 5 games I'd need to bring me up to that even hundred. I did and ordered them so these should be my last Dreamcast purchases...probably...

Red Dog: Superior Firepower
    Hydro Thunder
    NFL 2K2
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
    Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

The reason I say probably is there's still a couple games I wouldn't mind getting. If I ever do track those games down someday, I may sell one or more of the few DC "losers" I have to maintain my collection at an even 100 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Near Completing A Goal...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    Coming into this year, one of my goals was to reach exactly 100 Dreamcast games in my library. Joe mentioned in another thread about Best Buy having some cheap games for PS2 and XBox and while there, I checked on their Dreamcast games and decided to take advantage of their 15 Dreamcast games for $50 offer. I was able to find 15 games I find that I would not hate to have in my collection (obviously, I won't know for sure until I actually get the games) and those will bring my collection up to 94 DC games. Now to make a list of games I really want to finish off that goal of 100 Dreamcast games. Of course, all these games are used so I may not get any manuals for them...but who reads manuals anyway? One oddity...there's a game they have listed as "Get Bass". The cover, except for the title, is the same photo as that for Sega's Bass Fishing game. Is this the same game with an alternate title? It would seem to be an oddity if it is. If it is, I may just get the regular version but we'll see.

I also ordered two XBox games...Legends of Wrestling II and MVP Baseball 2003.
    Am I missing something here? I thought Best Buy stopped carrying Dreamcast games 2 years ago. I know for sure they never carried used games, so I definitely do not know what you are refferring to. Are you talking about EB or Gamestop? Is this an online offer or in store offer? I would like to take advantage of the offer if its still on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, I made a mistake. I meant EB Games, not Best Buy. I haven't been to Best Buy (real or virtual) in months.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you have SF3 Third Strike yet? If not, it's a worthy addition to the collection, and worth the price if you like fighters at all.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can easily have 100 good DC games, I'm 18 games away from complete collection, I'm doing this very slowly, due to the fact that the last 30-40 games I need to fill are craps and I'm buying certain games very reluctantly.

Nonetheless, the system's game library has one of the lowest garbage game ratios, I'd rate 40% excellent to stellar (that's about 100 games), another 40% to 45% decent to above average (another 100 or so), another 20% are mediocre to utter craps (ie: Beat Up millionaire). Just make sure you have the following games:

Bangai-O
    Bomberman Online
    Cannon Spike
    Fatal Fury: MOTW
    Giga Wing
    Giga Wing 2
    Gunbird 2
    Last Blade
    Mars Matrix
    Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Power Stone
    Power Stone 2
    Record of Lodoss War
    SF3 Alpha
    SF3: 3rd Strike
    SF3: Double Impact
    Skies of Arcadia
    Techno Romancer
    Virtual On

So, I wouldn't worry about getting exactly 100 games, I'd rather have 50 games that have all of the above than 150 games that include none of the above.

On the other hand, I've just figured out that for PS2, so far I consider only 5% of the games stellar (ones I really want), another 10% decent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually don't have either Street Fighter III game. As I think I mentioned, with the ones I now have currently on order, I'll have 100...but I could still get a few more if I either decide to sell a few of my lesser games or if I'm not too set on having exactly 100.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you have cannon spike? If not than go out and buy it!
    The Monarch: Hey, guess what? Nobody cares who would win in a crazy fantasy fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden. We never should have brought the henchmen. We're going to be the only ones there with henchmen!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47835

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm afraid you have me again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny but now that I've announced I am nearly at my goal, I'm getting all kinds of suggestions for games I should pick up. Maybe I should raise the number to 150? Maybe not. Anyway, the first of the games I mentioned coming have arrived:

Red Dog: Superior Firepower
    NFL 2K2
    Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

What's nice is that they all seem to be in really good shape, too. I'll try them out a little later.