Thread: HUGE Collect Auction on eBay. No Reserve, Starting Bid $0.01

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HUGE Collect Auction on eBay. No Reserve, Starting Bid $0.01

HUGE MASSIVE VIDEO GAME / SYSTEM COLLECT.
    NO RESERVE, STARTING BID 1 CENT.
    TONS OF PICTURES.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8101229223
    <a href=http://www.generalxsl.com/ target=_new not targer=_new>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First bid..
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a small word of advice, if you actually type out the auction description (rather than placing the text in an image), you'll get a lot more hits because people can search it better. Also, listing all of the games could help tremendously as well.

And, I'm not sure if these are these are the same burned DC games you offered to me, but those are a HUGE no-no on eBay. Even if your auction doesn't get pulled, you'll have one extremely pissed buyer.

Regardless, it looks like an excellent lot, and good luck with your sale.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hey

thx for the advice. i see what you mean, but it allows you to list key words now for your auction. i added a ton of keywords. yes, most the dc games are copys. i cant list them that way on ebay. i dont think the buyer will mind really. they are the full ver of the game. and if i had the real games, they would be pictured. eather way, its a huge lot full of some greats. i dont think the dc is even a selling point to this lot, and the dc games are the only copyed games. theres alot of 100% complete games in this lot. the intellavison games rare 100% complete with box, man's, even the controller temps. in fact all the boxed games are 100% complete. take a L@@K

hey sicko, hows the dc panther cont working out? kicks ass huh?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure any buyer of this lot would greatly mind that they are copies. The honest thing to do would be to edit the listing to only say Dreamcast with X# games where as X would be the number of original games you have. If you feel so inclined to include the copies at the end you may do so but to even make somebody believe that they are games is pretty much just wrong. I can understand how you might think that others won't mind and alot of people wouldn't, but not somebody spending as much money on something like this. I know I'd be madder than a hornet

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default well

well i was already plaining of informing bidders towards the end of the auction. see i got that dreamcast lot like that. wasnt a big issue to me. i got the games to play them, and i have for years. ive tryed in other auctions to list item as is, but ebay has always giving me problems about it. they always ending up pulling my auction. i cant list what they are. im really not worried about it. the winning bidder will be informed about it. ill have no problem offering the winning bidder a price break, if its even an issue. there are gamers out there that would love having (over 700 games including 3 roms) for a system without paying some crazy amount. basicly a bonus to a great system. besides, i listed it with 150 games, and guess what, theres over 700.

Ii rarly get any good commints out of people here at dp. i use other forums aswell, nothing but nice people, easy to deal with, and always interested in somthing when they post. if they dont like what they see, they move on. but here theres always an issue. call it what you will, i have a very nice lot of systems and games here. listed it at 1 penny with no reserve. not like im being gready. bottom line is, if you dont like what im selling, dont buy it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default bump

bump

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Default Re: well

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeGamerz
    well i was already plaining of informing bidders towards the end of the auction. see i got that dreamcast lot like that. wasnt a big issue to me. i got the games to play them, and i have for years. ive tryed in other auctions to list item as is, but ebay has always giving me problems about it. they always ending up pulling my auction. i cant list what they are. im really not worried about it. the winning bidder will be informed about it. ill have no problem offering the winning bidder a price break, if its even an issue. there are gamers out there that would love having (over 700 games including 3 roms) for a system without paying some crazy amount. basicly a bonus to a great system. besides, i listed it with 150 games, and guess what, theres over 700.

Ii rarly get any good commints out of people here at dp. i use other forums aswell, nothing but nice people, easy to deal with, and always interested in somthing when they post. if they dont like what they see, they move on. but here theres always an issue. call it what you will, i have a very nice lot of systems and games here. listed it at 1 penny with no reserve. not like im being gready. bottom line is, if you dont like what im selling, dont buy it.
    The thing is that when your selling those "Roms" on eBay, your selling property that is not yours, and was copied illegially. You can make a backup for yourself, but to sell it, or to sell it without the original copy of the game is illeagal per Copyright laws of the Federal Government.

If I was to bid on this and see that after Ive held the auction and or won it, only to find out that almost all of those DC games are burns, when you got around to telling me about it, there would be a world of trouble, and it would end with you most likely not being an ebay member anymore.

It might not be a big deal to you, but its entirely probable that its going to be a big deal to the people who could be bidding on this in the first place. So what kind of price break would you offer the winner? What if they really bid on this simply for those DC games? How do you assess a value to knock down for the winner?

Ya know, if you don't like the opinions of those here @ DP then dont post your auctions here, if you cant handle some legitmate criticism about what you are selling.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Good luck on selling the auction, but for now, I'm locking this thread. Burns are not supposed to be sold here or at eBay, nor advertised here and sold on eBay.

Imagine how pissed a beginning collector would be to find out that they just blew all their cash on a bunch of burns? How would Dreamcast collectors feel that they are no closer to their goal of all the games? x_x