I guess this would be the appropriate forum since Half.com is owned by eBay....

Anyways, about a week and a half ago I was browsing through some listings on Half.com to see if anyone was selling rare games at a reasonable price. For some reason, I decided to look through the Flintstones: Rescue of Dino & Hoppy to see if anyone was trying to unload a copy of Surprise at Dinosaur Peak (since SADP doesn't really have its own listing on Half.com). Sure enough, someone put a description saying "This game is actually Surprise at Dinosaur Peak." Asking price? Just over $6. I have a copy of this game that I found at Gamestop a while ago for $5, but the top of the label on my copy is peeling off due to what looks like a sticker that was ripped off by the previous owner. So I decided to take a chance and get the game - if it really was SADP, then I'd be making out quite good. Keep in mind it's an R7 in the guide worth $60 loose. I've seen loose copies go for even more than that on eBay in the past couple months.

I got the package in the mail today and sure enough it's SADP. So I got another copy for about $9 shipped - not a bad deal. Almost as good as a deal that I saw on Half.com about a year ago when someone was selling a copy of Snatcher for $7 or $8. I didn't have a Sega CD at the time and didn't really know what the game was worth - I'm really kicking myself now for not buying that one. Anyways, I now have two working copies of one of the rarest licensed NES games out there. I may be putting my original copy up for sale or trade, but I don't know how much interest there will be on here for a game with the top of the label peeling off; I know a lot of you guys are perfectionists. Just goes to show you that there are some great deals on Half.com sometimes if you look hard enough....