Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Played the new Transformers game today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Played the new Transformers game today.

They had it in the display unit at Gamestop.

I'll just say it's one of the few games i've ever spent more than 5 minutes on on a display unit. Usually i'll just play a game and be like, blah, but this game was really sweet from what I played.

The transformation from robot to other form was super fluid, and just awesome. The environments were HUGE, and absolutely overwelmed me.

When you blow up another robot they explode bad ass, pieces go everywhere, but in a realistic way. I got to a part where a dropship "kinda like in Halo" dropped off a whole buttload of enemies, it was overwhelming, so I transformed and ran over them all, lol, yes you can actually run them over and kill them.

I gotta say I was impressed from this demo. I've been impressed with demos before though and didn't like the actual game, but I gotta say it felt like I was in the woods playing with my Transformers like I used to when I was a kid. I like the look of this game, and think it may be awesome.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Played the new Transformers game today.

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    They had it in the display unit at Gamestop.

I'll just say it's one of the few games i've ever spent more than 5 minutes on on a display unit. Usually i'll just play a game and be like, blah, but this game was really sweet from what I played.

The transformation from robot to other form was super fluid, and just awesome. The environments were HUGE, and absolutely overwelmed me.

When you blow up another robot they explode bad ass, pieces go everywhere, but in a realistic way. I got to a part where a dropship "kinda like in Halo" dropped off a whole buttload of enemies, it was overwhelming, so I transformed and ran over them all, lol, yes you can actually run them over and kill them.

I gotta say I was impressed from this demo. I've been impressed with demos before though and didn't like the actual game, but I gotta say it felt like I was in the woods playing with my Transformers like I used to when I was a kid. I like the look of this game, and think it may be awesome.

hell yeah I have been waiting for that game to be released! Looks to be the first GOOD tf game ever made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm glad to hear it's not bad. I can't wait to try it out. It's a shame it's based on the new Transformers as opposed to G1. Speaking of which, I still have to pick that G1 based game up, despite how horrible I've heard it is.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried it out the a gamestop by me and also enjoyed the little I played. I especially liked, as was mentioned, transforming into the car and running over the enemies. They also have the minicons in it so there should be a good amount of weapons to play with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

The Gamestop in Bergen Mall, NJ has things displayed once in a blue moon. Is it the Transformers Armanda game? I never liked the cartoon, so I don't know if I would be getting the game. I will still try it out though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ongakuhenjin
    PSN
    ongakuhito

I enjoyed the game without knowing too much about the new Transformers. It seemed fast & fun to play. Now all I need is a good game based on the 3 3/4" G.I. Joes. Yo Joe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

I remember playing a G.I. Joe and a Transformer game for C64. So hard to pass.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadKing
    I'm glad to hear it's not bad. I can't wait to try it out. It's a shame it's based on the new Transformers as opposed to G1. Speaking of which, I still have to pick that G1 based game up, despite how horrible I've heard it is.....

ah mystery of comvoy

that game is such a pain in the a$$ its not even funny x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco
    I enjoyed the game without knowing too much about the new Transformers. It seemed fast & fun to play. Now all I need is a good game based on the 3 3/4" G.I. Joes. Yo Joe!
    CCCCCCCCCCOOOOBBBBRRRAAA!!!!!!!!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the game does look sweet, i was hopin someone would have a demo set up, im just angry that its a ps2 exclusive, those bastards >.<
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

There's some information on the various G.I.Joe video games @ http://www.yojoe.com

Essentially, they had:

-an Apple II / C64 game
    -two NES games
    -an arcade game (Konami, I believe)

All of them can be found using emulators. I personally like G.I.Joe: The Atlantis Factor the best.

There is also an Atari 2600 game, but it really has very little to do with G.I.Joe itself, IMO...I mean, a giant cobra head that spits out laser beams at the guys running beneath? I don't ever remember seeing that anywhere in the cartoons or comics.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

autobotracing,
    Actually I am refering to the Japanese Ps2 exclusive: Transformers Tataki. here is a review I was able to dig up.

http://www.netjak.com/review.php/595

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played with the new ps2 Transformers game about a month ago !!It was a the transformers convention in Toronto .. I was lucky

nice game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I just got this game on Thursday and have been playing it all weekend. It's only $20 at this point, and is well worth the price IMO. It's a straight-out 3rd person action game, but the action it dishes out is pure sweetness. Lots of explosions, a wide array of Minicon weaponry to equip (with lots of interesting variations), and some super-cool boss fights...

EDIT - Think Armored Core + HALO + Tomb Raider (or any other 3rd-person platformer)

I'm only going through on Veteran right now - later I might try doing it on the hardest level. I'm going to have to track down the figures for these guys, because this game is pretty cool. It's not terribly long, but it's not too short, either. I love the wide, expansive environments, the explosions, the gliding is awesome, and the weapon choices: sniper rifle? grenades? missiles? homing missiles? energon tornado? emp blast? so many to choose from!

The vehicle forms are a little underused, but they're definitely useful for "hit & run" attacks, and especially for boss fights where you'll need to run away and recharge / regen health for a bit.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I had the gi-Joe C64 game. My friends and I fav part was Duke showing up on the screen and yelling "Turn the disk over!" Yo Joe!".

Anyhow, been wanting to play this since the commericals were airing a couple months ago, kinda digged the song on the commericals too. Briefly offtopic, if you want to hear some Transformers G1 cheesiness, download (if you can) the Japanese TF opening song.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved the game!!! I'm just glad it was better than Beast Wars (that game, and series never sat right with me). I'm really hoping for a good sequel to this (with some more playabe characters).

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Friend of mine from work rented this game and Front Mission IV, said he's already bought both

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When Megs transforms is it into the classic gun or into something else? I have a feeling its probablly a tank, which does make more sense, but I want to see him as the heater, dammit!
    http://www.2d-x.com
    The best 2D and 2.5D video games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Megatron is a tank - all the TFs are in their "Transformers Armada" versions. I haven't encountered him yet (still making my way up the Alaskan mountain), but that's the version they show in the manual and in all the FMVs.

I don't think we'll ever see Megatron in gun form again. They got rid of all the "huge-robots-shrink-to-human-accessory-size" TFs a while back. Megatron's no longer a gun, Soundwave and Blaster are no longer casette players, and that three-piece camera Transformer no longer exists.

Beast Wars was a decent TV show but you're right - the game sucked. This TF game actually does the series justice and makes driving / walking around as a giant robot FUN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

I went with Transformers Tatakai instead of this game. The gameplay is a bit tedious, but at least I get to see the Transformers I actually care about. I can't stand Armada!