Thread: Sneakers? Toys R Us only

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sneakers? Toys R Us only

Sorry if you guys have already covered this, but I've been short on time and haven't kept up with the VG forum...

Has anyone picked up/have any info on the xbox game Sneakers? I got it tonight at Toys R Us for $30 with a free xbox game holder or something. I think it's a platformer with cute mice. I had seen something about it on extended play a long time ago but I thought it was a Japan only thing. They only had like 5 copies left, do you think it will be rare? It's a Toys R Us exclusive game. We thought that was strange. Have they had exclusive games before? I thought only Blockbuster did that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I hear it, there's a reason Microsoft only released it at Toys R Us. If it was a truly good game, Microsoft would have released it EvErYpLaCe! I believe it will be in the Bargain Bin within the month. :lol:
    ~~~ He's a demon on wheels! ~~~ ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Trixie--Not totally true. Retailers didn't jump onto ZooCube for GCN but it was still a fun game.

Choco--that was a movie on a retail demo we had a bit ago. You never know, if Xbox picks up the momentum with younger gamers, parents might start buying that like mad. Christmas is coming up, and I'm sure you know that TRU's shelves e-m-p-t-y after the season. They've sort of had exclusive games. They had the Pikachu N64 with Hey You Pikachu and a pocket watch, and most of the TRU's in south east MI have a Sega DC sports bundle still. World Series 2K1, NBA 2k1, NFL 2K1 are still going for $29.99 for all three.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the pikachu system and the sega sports dc aren't TRU exclusives, but the gold n64 is.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default actually...

...sneakers is quite terrible. i played the import, and i said to myself "they're NOT gonna bring this out here-good!" well, i was wrong, lol, AND they renamed it so that it definitely won't sell! i'd imagine you can buy it online cheap, but i saw a few copies at the shop i worked at- we have a distributor who can work a few miracles. look for the price to drop to $19.99 or thereabouts by xmas, though...=^P

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well considering I'm working at TRU now, who knows I may end up seeing one or 2 pass by me...
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by nesman85
    the pikachu system and the sega sports dc aren't TRU exclusives, but the gold n64 is.
    The 64 with the game and watch were. All we got at Funco was the system by itself, not with a game or anything. So were the DC games. They were all packaged together. Tell me one store where all three where shrinkwrapped together and sold like that? :wink:

Especially since both had a TRU exclusive sticker on them.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

circuit city had that that exact sega sports dc package, i'm not sure if they had it all shrinkwrapped together or not though.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default from the vault...

sega sports systems were pretty widely available for about a month or two. i saw them at no less than 4 different retailers (the wiz, circuit city, eb, tru)- the games were packed into the box in separate cases marked "not for resale" on the back with no barcodes, not shrinkwrapped together. i think some may have been wrapped so they couldn't be broken apart and sold separately, or as some sort of theft prevention deal, but all the ones we got had the games loose.

the pikachu n64's were tru exclusives, then overstock went to places like amazon and outpost.com and such. the ones we got had "toy's r' us exclusive" printed on them, which made for some funny looks from concerned parents, lol- "are these off the truck?".. :shock:

the gold system was the only one i've seen NOT available anywhere else...=^P

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

My TRU still has the N64 Pikachu sets. Someone at the register next to me asked if Sneakers for X-Box wa sa good game. if I wasn't busy I would have said that it sucked (but in a nice way of course!)
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I have heard two sides,but I have one question,is the game worth the $30? : :

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I've played the game, and I think that it would be a lot of fun for the younger crowd but not one teen+ gamers would enjoy. It's cute though and I'm not horridly sorry I got it. It will be useful in 10 years or so when I've got a 5 year old gamer. I just don't like games that seem like they should be platformers and you can't even jump.
    I paid $30 but it came with a free game pouch or something worth $10.
    Regardless, I don't believe in saying ANY game "sucks" unless you have played it personally for at least an hour. Especially without knowing what kind of gamer is asking about the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chocobokick
    Regardless, I don't believe in saying ANY game "sucks" unless you have played it personally for at least an hour. Especially without knowing what kind of gamer is asking about the game.
    You've evidently never done time as a clerk in a game store, where customers constantly ask your opinion of every title, usually before you could possibly even play them. In such circumstances, you're forced to go by what you've read in magazines, gathered from websites (and message boards), or picked up from reliable sources, though I usually qualify my statements by saying something like "It's gotten some bad reviews" or "I've heard that it's only good for younger players."

It's better than telling them "I dunno" at any rate.