Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, there's a joint in my Cart!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey, there's a joint in my Cart!

I recently bought a game at GameCrazy. Super Thunderblade for the Sega Genesis. The reason that I got it, is because for some strange reason I find myself wanting alot of very early Genesis games.

Anyways, whenever I get a new cart I take it home and put it through a cleaning process before adding it to my library. Usually I will clean the outside of the cart, remove any stickers, price tags, pen markings, etc, etc. I try to get the cart to look as close to new as possible. Then after that is done, I clean the cartridge contacts. This usually involes a Q-Tip and some Isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

Well, I got this game home, and after cleaning the outside of it, began cleaning the contacts. I was watching TV at the time, not even actually looking at the contacts, just taking the Q-Tip and rubbing it along the contacts, and then my Q-Tip got stuck.

I was like, what the F? Then I looked at it, and at first I thought there was a dead bug stuck in between one side of the contacts and the cart. But upon closer inspection I notice that it's actually a Marijuana roach.

I immediately pulled it out and smoked it. Just Kidding.

No, I pulled it out and took a look at it, and thought it was funny to find a "roach" in between the contacts of a game cartridge. Then I tossed it in the garbage. Probably was dirt weed anyways, but just kinda funny to find a joint in a place like that.

The guy that traded in that cart must have been a big time weed smoker, to have roaches hidden in his carts!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Eww... how disgusting. Funny, and yet somehow disturbing.
    Egbert, I miss you...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That just goes to show that GameCrazy will take in anything. Obviously they don't test their carts at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    That just goes to show that GameCrazy will take in anything. Obviously they don't test their carts at all.
    Uh...just because the cart has a joint in it, doesn't mean it won't work. Are the employees supposed to open pu every single cartridge they take in to check for drugs?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you threw it away just because of a roach? How much did the game cost you? You could have just threw away the roach then finished cleaningn it more thoroly. I guess if it was a buck or less it would be ok to just throw away the whole cart.
    Midwest

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

snootchie bootchies

quick! boss is coming! Hide that thing!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    Uh...just because the cart has a joint in it, doesn't mean it won't work. Are the employees supposed to open pu every single cartridge they take in to check for drugs?
    they should test them or at least check to make sure they MAY work by looking at them. And yes, they should do a drug check on the games
    Midwest

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    they should test them or at least check to make sure they MAY work by looking at them. And yes, they should do a drug check on the games
    What I mean is exactly stated by greg. If the joint is still in there, it means that they don't take the 3 seconds out of the employees time to check and see if the cart works. They don't need to open the cart up, but they should at least make sure the game works.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I fo und a dead beatle in one of my NES carts from there.
    I also bought a Q*bert for NES at a garage Sale. And tehre were pieces of Walnuts jammed inbetween the casing and contacts.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My uncle bought a VCR with (among other things) a copy of Jackal for the NES jammed in the tape slot.

Russ Perry (SlapDash) once told me the horrifying story of a classic video game fan who brought home a Vectrex, only to discover dozens of roaches inside it. Not the smokable kind, either.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So basically what you're saying is that you purchased weed from Game Crazy....

I wonder what they'd say if you brought it back and complained to the management. :P

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Complain...?

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Default Re: Hey, there's a joint in my Cart!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    The guy that traded in that cart must have been a big time weed smoker, to have roaches hidden in his carts!
    Kids that are too young to have any business smoking weed think of some pretty ingenius hiding places for it.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've heard of people finding normal roaches in games and systems all the time, but never THAT kind of roach before. o_O That's one clever pothead. He was probably bummed that he accidently sold his weed.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you threw it away just because of a roach? How much did the game cost you? You could have just threw away the roach then finished cleaningn it more thoroly. I guess if it was a buck or less it would be ok to just throw away the whole cart.
    I think he means he threw the weed out.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been through a lot of MegaDrives, most purchased from EB Games / GameStop / Funcoland (Yes, I know, total ripoff at $24.99). Digging through them I found the following 2 items that just made me stop. My brain just halted for a moment.

1. A *cashew*.
    2. HALF a pencil. Sharpened.

Given the shutters over the cart slot, how did someone get those in there? They must have been TRYING. Stupid kids perhaps? (Graphite is conductive .. not a smart idea .. the cashew I think was technically safe.)
    - Epicenter

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epicenter
    \.. the cashew I think was technically safe.)
    AND tasty.... :P

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats do nasty, you should still see if you can use it. JK
    What i need: SNES games and a few 32x!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Funkenstien
    I think he means he threw the weed out.

No, I didn't throw away the cart. Just the little weed roach. After that I re-cleaned the contacts as much as possible. Haven't played that game yet, but it should work fine.

I actually thought about calling that GameCrazy and telling them about it. But the guy that was working at the counter would have probably been pissed that he didn't find it in the cart.

By the way, the joint was not actually "IN" the cart, it was just in the bottom of it, where the contacts are. It was wedged in between the contacts and the edge of the cart.

I guess if you were a weed smoker that would be a good place to hide a joint.

Back in the days I used to smoke weed. And I would have never thought about hiding a joint in there.

I wonder if it would have been safe to smoke the rest of that joint, considering I was rubbing isopropyl alcohol all over it. If I put a lighter up to it, would have probably burst into flames.

I should have opened up that little roach, just to see if it was green bud. Like I said, it was probably dirt weed, but you never know.

I'm actually somewhat suprised that more people don't find weed related items in gaming stuff. The reason why, is because weed and video games go pretty hand in hand. At least back in the days when I did hit the hippie lettuce, video games seemed to be vastly improved when I was under the influence of the "greenery"!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Wow...I guess I'm the only one who had the initial thought: "why would a cart ever bend?" Then again, I've never done any drugs, so slang terms for them (even the most common ones like joint, apparently) don't immediately come to mind.