Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Default Halloween 2600

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Amazing. And to think my dad bought this game brand new back in the day at a local video rental store. Gave it to my Aunt though, where it still remains (She and my cousins are gamers).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah i saw TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE go complete for over 300......

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess buying two of them brand new off ebay a few years ago for around $70 each was a good deal for me.

Danny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've always said that these games should be valued higher than they are in the guide. They're currently listed as $50 games.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    I've always said that these games should be valued higher than they are in the guide. They're currently listed as $50 games.
    Read the front of the guide. Atari games are priced out at "loose" and $50 for a cart only for this game isn't too far off, if at all. The box and manual are especially difficult to find and it raises the price immensely.

Danny

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well it looks like I won't be able to contest Sniderman's record anytime soon. I've always wanted this game just because I like horror games. Looks like it will be a while.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am so happy I payed 225 for mine boxed. My cart was in better condition to.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Read the front of the guide. Atari games are priced out at "loose" and $50 for a cart only for this game isn't too far off, if at all. The box and manual are especially difficult to find and it raises the price immensely.

Danny
    I've read the guide and I'm aware of the fact that the guide's prices are based on loose games. So should I assume from this auction that the cart itself is worth $50.00 and the box and manual are worth $405?

$50 seems to be the absolute minimum that I see Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Masacre going for on ebay (unless someone's who's clueless posts it with a too low "buy it now".

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader

Danny
    I've read the guide and I'm aware of the fact that the guide's prices are based on loose games. So should I assume from this auction that the cart itself is worth $50.00 and the box and manual are worth $405?

$50 seems to be the absolute minimum that I see Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Masacre going for on ebay (unless someone's who's clueless posts it with a too low "buy it now".
    Agreed. But you gotta realize that 2 years ago when the guide was printed, $50 was just about right for this game. When I had my 2 brand new one's, I sold one of them on ebay for around $330. (still have the other one) The market has gone up some on these items, but completists get crazy when they bid. I should know, I'm one of them. Remember with this game though that there is no "factory seal/shrinkwrap with it. They were not made that way, so a mint in box copy is just as good as sealed.

Danny

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe teh cardboard adds alot. I'm one of those crazy cardboard collectors too, must own the boxes! I've paid $100+ for empty boxes before.

I'm sure you've seen the past two copies of Crazy Climber sell, each were $500+ auctions complete, yet as a loose cart, it's often $100 or less.

TCM has been on ebay ALOT recently, someone sold a bulk lot of 10 or 12 loose copies of this game, and the buyer has been reselling them for a while now and I've seen several pop up, it's been going in the $50-75 range loose.

And believe it or not there was a CIB copy of TCM on ebay just a couple weeks ago that ended for basically HALF what the most recent went for!

87Cobra had $300 reserves on both of these and people kept bidding them up til they hit them, some people with deep pockets just happened on them.

Halloween seems to come up less, recently anyway, I think it could still be bought for under $100 loose.

I think if someone auctioned loose box & docs to either of these games it'd be $100-200 auctions with bids, I don't think it would fetch quite as much as a complete copy minus cart price just because there is appeal to pick it up complete. There are 2 types of collectors, one where if you're gonna have it in you collection it might as well be complete, then there are the types who will buy a loose cart and be happy with it, no need to upgrade to complete. ..and yes some may be happy with loose, yet would like to someday upgrade to comeplete assuming the prices are right. Typically thou you're either looking for complete games or more than happy to take loose ones.

So there's alot of interest to someone who doesn't have it at all, and there's a somewhat less interest to some who might have a cart only, and don't feel like throwing down $300-400 on a piece of cardboard. But there would definitely be some interest on empty boxes & manuals to these games, just not at the level of figuring on subing the loose cart out of the complete price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

I guess I was lucky to pay 50 dollars for a Texas Chainsaw Massacre cart with instructions. How much would that go for on ebay (just curious).

I picked it up a long time ago from an Atari collector who owned a warehouse full of Atari stuff. He had an extra copy... no Halloween sadly, whcih does appear to be the harder one of the wizard games to find.