Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BYE! BYE TO MY VIDEOGAMES!!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BYE! BYE TO MY VIDEOGAMES!!

In the last month and a half I have been thinking to quit collecting games and sell most of my stuff come december. I am low on money since I quit my job and need more money for more fun stuff like skateboarding and car. I will keep an nes, snes, and sega and some fun games. But most of my stuff will be going up on ebay. I havent played any of my games in almost 3 weeks anyways so I dont mid that much but my room will look so plain. Maybe I will a great job in the next couple months that pays a lot...but prolly not. I want to sell my stuff now but people tend to pay 2 to 3 times morre for video game stuff in december for christmas presents so I'll wait. It sucks but I'm not a big gamer so it's okay. I will still but stuff at garage sales if its cheap and sell it to get more money, and keep fun games. Illl also come to this site sometimes and post and see what kind of stuff you guys get.
    Midwest

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

It's a good idea to wait on selling your games. You never know when "it" will come back.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the same dilemma but just dumped on most stuff last summer. I kept the goodies I really wanted and sold all the other stuff, for the most part. I still go hunting for the stuff incase I either find something else I want or find more tradebait for the stuff I do still want and I'm content. I actually couldn't stand all the clutter and I don't like things being stored, not the amount of stuff I had anyways. I'm content with my decision, hopefully you are making the right one as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: BYE! BYE TO MY VIDEOGAMES!!

What sort of games are we talking about?

Not interested in buying - unless you've got a wad of x68K or Macintosh titles in there. Probably would still tell you to hold onto 'em ;)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

All I need is a working Intellivision (Version I or III). I think I might as well buy a lot of the games for Intellivision cuz their overlays and manuals are no where to be found.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

The only investment worse than video games are automobiles. And maybe skateboards. Give it some thought, 9 out of 10 gamers who sell their collections regret it later!

Watch. You'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bye bye.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

well then i would say to wait until december. maybe by then you will have changed your mind and will want to keep with it.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am sure wating till december. And to joe, I enjoy skateboarding more then playing video games. I know I will never make money off skateboarding but it's just fun and I can do that with many of my friends. I only know 1 other kid taht collects games. And most of my stuff is nes, snes, genesis, and some other stuff like saturn sega cd and 2600. And it will suck to have my room not look hot with all my games displayed but Im still keeping a few fun ones, who knows, I kind of want to keep of of my nintendo ones.
    Midwest

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    The only investment worse than video games are automobiles. And maybe skateboards. Give it some thought, 9 out of 10 gamers who sell their collections regret it later!

Watch. You'll see.
    And also Im not too much of a gamer. I just like playing older games sometimes. Plus I love having all those cool oldschool games in my room. Maybe one of the places I applied to will call me within the next few months.
    Midwest

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So you quit your job and now you are low on money, hmm

I've been downsizing my collection, selling off some of the systems I'm not
    really passionate about. Doing that has since made me more into the stuff
    I kept and appreciate it more.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Com'n Greg... keep it. You know deep down you will regret it later. You just need the "right" find to keep you in the mood. I have lost hope at times only to find huge piles of boxed NES games at flea markets, which regenerates my passion for collecting.

I once was thinking (not to long ago) of selling my whole collection (save it for a few NES games that I DO play. I told my girlfriend, who absolutely can't stand my video game collection and she told me to hold on to it because I would be bitter about it later. I took her advice and boy am i glad I did.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Com'n Greg... keep it. You know deep down you will regret it later. You just need the "right" find to keep you in the mood. I have lost hope at times only to find huge piles of boxed NES games at flea markets, which regenerates my passion for collecting.

I once was thinking (not to long ago) of selling my whole collection (save it for a few NES games that I DO play. I told my girlfriend, who absolutely can't stand my video game collection and she told me to hold on to it because I would be bitter about it later. I took her advice and boy am i glad I did.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tyranthraxus
    So you quit your job and now you are low on money, hmm

I've been downsizing my collection, selling off some of the systems I'm not
    really passionate about. Doing that has since made me more into the stuff
    I kept and appreciate it more.
    Actually I quit 5 months ago. Im only 16 so whateva. But maybe Ill lkeep all my stuff but the extras. and nice triple post[/url]
    Midwest

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I donīt think is a good idea, but itīs your choice...

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: BYE! BYE TO MY VIDEOGAMES!!

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    I want to sell my stuff now but people tend to pay 2 to 3 times morre for video game stuff in december for christmas presents so I'll wait.
    This can't be further from the truth. If you do a search on my name in the buy & sell section or the eBay forum, you'll see there was a discussion a while back about video game prices.

Video games sell for the most between May and November. Video games sell for the least before and after christmas. Retro video games anyways.

If you track eBay trends the way I do, you would notice that most people sell their collections around christmas time. They do this because they need money to buy christmas presents. Collectors, the people that pay the most money for video games, have the least funds at their dispossal at christmas as well!!

What you end up having is high supply, low demand. I do most of my NES shopping around christmas, since it's the cheapest time of year!! Spring/summer is the other way around. This is the time when there is low supply and high demand! (Kids staying at home and playing games because of summer break??)

Go figure.. and good luck!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't confirm that. It really depends on what you're selling. I sold all of my NES games last summer and I should have just urinated in my wallet literally. I sold roughly 100 games for $100.....how sad is that. I sold a ton of sealed games around February the previous year and got explosive prices for them($4-5grand total) so you just have to see when the item you're selling hits big and dump it before everybody else does the same

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

skateboarding? southern wisconsin? ever check out wiskate.com? that's my website.