Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of the 3 current home consoles wich is your favorite?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Out of the 3 current home consoles wich is your favorite?

XBOX,GAMECUBE,PS2? wich are your favorites and why?
    what system and/or systems do you:
    1. collect for the most?
    2. enjoy playing the most?
    3. also what are your favorite games for said system?
    and why is it your favorite current gen machine?

I have both Xbox and Gamecube (I have also owned 2 PS2's both DRE should explain why I dont collect or play PS2 any longer)
    I collect most for Xbox but since I recently purchased a new Gamecube and have been playing both Metroid Prime and Metal Gear:TTS nonstop this may soon change.
    I enjoy both systems greatly but the GAMECUBE has that very distinct Nintendo feel to it the system itself is very reliable and well made and the Nintendo exclusives speak for themselves The GC just seems to have a nobility to it thats difficult to explain and may not understand if u have only been playing games since the PSX days.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off, I hope this doesnt turn into a fanboy pissing match

I have all 3 "next gen" systems, but I find myself playing my GC and XBOX the most out of the 2. I just picked up Culdcept for the PS2 so I will give that a try. My favorite games on those systems, hmmmmm. Well for the GC it would have to be Phantasy Star online ep. 1 and 2 and well, I like all of my games for the box but really cant point one out I did just buy the "special" HALO bundle XBOX even though I allready had a good XBOX.
    Does that classify me as an "ubergeek" ?

Good subject. I think it may have been brought up before. I am just to lazy to dig it up. Where is Portnoyd when you need him :P

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a PS2 and a Gamecube. I loved Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube, as well as Zelda. Other titles such as Mario Kart, Resident Evil Zero, and Metroid are really good, but that about sums up the titles worth owning. The PS2 on the other hand has a huge library of titles for all genres. My current favorite for the PS2 would have to be Disgaea. I've played it over and over again and it still entertains. The depth of the genres helps the PS2 stand out over both the Xbox and the Gamecube. Furthermore, the controller for the PS2 is far superior to both the Xbox and Gamecube. It fits perfectly into your hand, rumbles at the right frequency, has its buttons in all the right places, and has a D pad that you can actually use. The Gamecube controller is nice, but the L/R buttons and the D pad are poorly designed and as such are terrible to use.

All that said, all the systems have their ups and downs. I do hope to get an Xbox sometime soon. I am really anxious to try Fable and that may push me over the edge to finally get one. The Gamecube has amazing first party games, but too many poor third party ones to count. The PS2 may be graphically inferior, but the depth of its library and its great controller make it the standout among the current 3.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I've got all 3...I play my XBox the most...PS2 hasn't been on to play a game in a month or so...Cube's somewhere in the middle...
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have alll three, and I can safely say the PS2 is my favourite.

1. Wider range of games.
    2. Best controller.
    3. Cheapest console to buy for. I've come across (and bought) more sub-$30 AU priced games than on GC or Xbox.
    4. Excellent all in one package. Plays PS2, PSX, music CD's (CD-R's too), DVD movies and sometimes I can even get it play CD-RW's

My only complaint is the lack of in-built multi-tap.

Xbox would be a close second, but I haven't that for as long so it's yet to prove itself in any significant way (although network Halo is a BIG plus!).

GameCube's a distant third. Terrible controller, poor range of games.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like the others, I have all the Next-Gen systems. Out of the XBOX, PS2, and GCN, I'd say... SNES. Hahaha, but really, I'd say it's a tie between XBOX and PS2. GameCube is dead last. PS2, which I loved before I ever got before the XBOX. I always told myself, the XBOX sucks, and I would NEVER EVER get one. Well I did. And I love it. Still, the PS2 is tied. It has my favorite game ever on it, and although I haven't played the online, I guess it's supposed to be good. And you don't have to pay for it . But then, there's the XBOX. Amazing graphic, great games. I just had to get one ever since I played Halo. Confusing controller, but gets SO easy after a short time. Did I mention the beautiful graphics? Only drawbacks are accessories are a lot of money, and I need the DVD port to play DVDs. Now last, the GamCube. Pretty good graphics, but AWFUL online play. May have cheapest price, but you can tell why. Also, a bad selection of games, IMO.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xbox is probably my favorite. i love the custom soundtrack feature that certain games allow for, and of course the graphics. the load times seem faster and i like being able to rip mp3s from the computer to the hard drive. i also am very happy with the games, although the library is smaller than the ps2, it has some good ones, halo, mechassault, ninja gaiden. i could not imagine not having those games at my disposal. i also think from a collecting standpoint the xbox offers more promotional stuff, with the gamecube a close second. but of course i couldnt imagine not having any of the three current systems.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had an XBOX, but sold it since there wasn't anything worth playing on it. Now, there are like a bazillion 2D fighters being offered on Live, and Project gotham 2, so I want one again

With xbox being moot right now, I say my favorite is PS2 over Gamecube. I'm a Tactics/RPG nut *cough*readmyarticle*cough* so obviously the sony PoS as it were still has a hold on me

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain nintendo
    First off, I hope this doesnt turn into a fanboy pissing match

I have all 3 "next gen" systems, but I find myself playing my GC and XBOX the most out of the 2. I just picked up Culdcept for the PS2 so I will give that a try. My favorite games on those systems, hmmmmm. Well for the GC it would have to be Phantasy Star online ep. 1 and 2 and well, I like all of my games for the box but really cant point one out I did just buy the "special" HALO bundle XBOX even though I allready had a good XBOX.
    Does that classify me as an "ubergeek" ?

Good subject. I think it may have been brought up before. I am just to lazy to dig it up. Where is Portnoyd when you need him :P
    The Sega Dreamcast
    Lead, Follow , or get the F*** out of my way !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. none, i like to get an even amount of games for all three (XB & GC are tied with 10, PS2 having 11)
    2. XB
    3. currently PDO, PS2 & GC - i dont play them enough

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont have any of those but played them all. I only played GC and xbox a couple of times so I like ps2 better because I played alot more games for it.
    Midwest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have all three systems too.

Xbox has always gotten the least amount of my attention. PS2 usually got the most, but with Cubivore and Animal Crossing, I've been playing the GCN the more than ever lately.

My collection of PS2 games easily doubles my GCN collection, but nearly quadruples my XBox collection.

Favorite games for the PS2? Its an endless list, since there are just so many I love. Disgaea, Star Fighter duo, Time Splitters 2, Armored Core series, Gungriffon Blaze......

Actually, my Dreamcast has been getting more lovin' than all of my systems in the past few days.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a PS2 & a Cube. The only game on Xbox that interests me is Steel Batallion, and for my own good, I'm not going anywhere near it.

I think that I like the cube the best. I'm in love with Metal Gear & Viewtiful Joe. That being said, I'm a hardcore resident evil fan, and the cube sure has that one covered as well. Oh yeah, and there's Metroid & Zelda too. On top of that is the GB player for my GBA flash cart. I play my PS2 a lot too, and instead of an Xbox I have my Dreamcast which still kicks some serious ass.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. collect for the most?: I don't yet, I don't start collecting for a system until it's out of production most of the time.

2. enjoy playing the most?: Right now it's Xbox, cause of the GTAP

3. also what are your favorite games for said system?: Not sure, probably GTAP and Halo.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamecube is definitely the greatest. With games like Viewtiful Joe, Ikaruga, Megaman Network Transmission, Gotcha Force, and Mario Sunshine, Cube smites both PS2 and Xbox.

PS2 has some amazing games, like Disgaea, Kingdom Hearts, Megaman X7, and Suikoden 3, but If that piece of crap breaks on me one more time, I'm gonna chuck it out the window!!!! It is easily the most poorly manufactured system ever.

I don't have an xbox, but I will someday. With games like Panzer dragoon orta and Ninja Gaiden, who am I to resist?

In the end, all three rule in their own ways.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I have a GameCube, Japanese PS2, and we used to have a X-Box in the house until a mod job went wrong... (Although, I don't think I ever actually picked up the X-Box controller and played anything. o_O But it wasn't mine anyway.)

My favorite system overall is the GameCube, which I also have the most games for. My PS2 is obviously an import-only machine, so I use it for the two Japanese PS2 games I have and a whole bunch of PSX imports. My favorite GameCube game is Baten Kaitos, but Star Ocean 3 beats any game on any of the next-gen consoles. One great game doesn't make a system, though, so I enjoy the GameCube more with its good (maybe not outstanding) library of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of course, I rank the Dreamcast far above the current three consoles - but that's not what the topic specified.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I agree with the Dreamcast! it is my fav still to this day but I have collected almost all the games I ever wanted for it and with the system being dead in the states for a long time now and certain stores no longer even carrying DC stuff I have decided to move on to collecting specificially for my Gamecube and Xbox as far as current gen goes.
    I guess im the opposite of most gamers hear even when I had a working PS2 once I bought an Xbox I really never looked back I mean not to flame but everytime a multisystem port comes along I would pick up the Xbox or even the GC versions.
    Anyway its all good

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I own a PS2, GameCube and XboX but it's really tough to say which I love the most. There's great games for each system, but I can't say anyone library really stands out to me as my favorite.

Sure the PS2 has the most RPGs but I find myself not enjoying most of them as much as I could be while my fondest next gen gaming sessions were spend on the Cube and XboX.

That said I collect for the PS2 the most. Again it has the most RPGs.

My favorite PS2 game currently are Harvest Moon and Disgaea.
    My favorite Cube titles are Animal Crossing, Wind Waker, and Eternal Darkness.
    My favorite XboX games are Morrowind and Silent Hill 2.
    ________
    Chevrolet S-10 Ev Specifications
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

by the way Daria I am a self proclaimed SILENT HILL ADDICT!
    SILENT HILL4 Xbox bound ithcy....tasty...oh thats tha wrong game