Thread: Power Joy / Power Player Famicom Clone. Kiosk sightings?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Power Joy / Power Player Famicom Clone. Kiosk sightings?

After recieving a horrifyingly poor clone product from the company that produces the Power Player / Power Joy Famicom Clones (http://www.powerjoy3.com), and having been given extraordinarily rude 'customer service', I've destroyed the unit and decided to report the makers to Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, IDSA, Sega, LucasArts/Films/Industrial Light and Magic, Data East, and Smith and Wesson, the companies/organizations whose copyrights upon which they infringe to put a stop to this trickery. I'm sick of people being ripped off by this inferior hardware. It's one thing in China where you can't find anything else without a lot of work, but it pains me to think parents are going out and buying these for their kids only to have them fail, underperform and break down.

The customer 'service' I recieved was the last straw; I'm doing everything in my power to get this problem taken care of. I've reported 6 confirmed Mall Kiosk locations exclusively seeling these (along with the company's other products-- fake gold Christian crosses and low-grade Power Rangers bootleg toys). I'd appreciate if you could submit info about any other locations. Address/Phone # would be convenient, and just as much so, a photograph of the 'sales floor'.

Thanks. I know not all pirates are awful and evil, but these people have no facet of human decency, and that is something I cannot, will not, tolerate. Flame me if you must but I feel I'm doing the right thing.
    - Epicenter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are a piece of work. First there are 5 threads by you discussing famicoms in various states, no one cares this much. Second, you get what you pay for. Do you want them to offer you a lifetime warranty with in home repair? A pirate by definition isn't the real thing. To expect it to behave 100% like the real thing is absurd. Thirdly you were deceptive in that you intentionally broke the thing further to force a refund. Now to report them, which will do nothing by the way, is extremely hypocritical. Do you really think the guy who sold this to you is making them himself? No he probably bought a few cases in chinatown and is now trying to trun a profit.

Stop bothering all of us with these threads. You really come across and obnoxious and if there were a way to filter threads by posters you would be on the top of the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you take your clone back yet? If they won't take it back, I'm interested in the gun.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin
    You are a piece of work. First there are 5 threads by you discussing famicoms in various states, no one cares this much. Second, you get what you pay for. Do you want them to offer you a lifetime warranty with in home repair? A pirate by definition isn't the real thing. To expect it to behave 100% like the real thing is absurd. Thirdly you were deceptive in that you intentionally broke the thing further to force a refund. Now to report them, which will do nothing by the way, is extremely hypocritical. Do you really think the guy who sold this to you is making them himself? No he probably bought a few cases in chinatown and is now trying to trun a profit.

Stop bothering all of us with these threads. You really come across and obnoxious and if there were a way to filter threads by posters you would be on the top of the list.
    I agree.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I said, I don't have as much a problem with it being pirate as that these people think they can treat their customers like dirt. Friends of mine nationwide have been to their kiosks and their customer service is horrifically bad. I don't tolerate being abused by someone who's selling illegal and overpriced items in the first place.

In addition, in China or the Middle East or Brazil you would EXPECT products to be pirate-- but here, people don't. They are not as suspicious and therefore easier to rip off. And TONS of people are getting ripped off by these people with no recourse to get their money back. I really don't see how I'm doing a thing wrong here.
    - Epicenter

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts