Thread: Dual Pro Fighter Stick for Saturn ...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dual Pro Fighter Stick for Saturn ...

Just saw one of these for sale for £100 ($180) ... it sure is very tempting :-)

But is it actually worth that much? I had a quote a while back from a trusted contact who said the best he could get was £150 ($270) shipped from Japan.

In case you are unaware it is basically a huge double arcade stick, that sits on your table, and plugs into both controller ports, so you can play your Saturn games like you're in the arcade...

Vroomfunkel

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know what it's value is but that's why to much for a Joystick.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default mm

Yeah, I know. But it's really *2* joysticks, you see

So that's only £50 each ...

And it's very cool! Deep down, I know it is way too much. But I also know that someone else will buy that damn thing in a matter of days if I don't go back tomorrow and get it. And I'll probably never be able to get one for less .. or even for the same amount.

Which is what makes it tempting. I guess I probably won't get it - mainly because I am actually selling loads of stuff at the moment, in an attempt to get myself in good standing with the bank before my free overdraft facility expires in about 7 weeks time ...

So spending £100 on a joystick .. or even (kinda) two joysticks would be a bit dumb. *sigh*

Vroomfunkel

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I could probably get a regular joysick for about 5-10 pounds each in the US. You can pick up some joystick later for a fraction of the price. Not sure what Joysticks sell in the UK but I've seen them in US for as cheap as $5.00 each.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default uh

uhhh ... I don't think you get it! It's not that I am short of joysticks for my Saturn!

I have about 6 or 7 standard joypads, one 3D joypad, 3 infra red joypads (2 PAL, 1 Japanese) and two arcade sticks.

The point is ... this thing is super cool!!! It is one enormous unit with two arcade sticks built into it. It's big enough that you can put it on a stand and have two people stand side by side playing on it without treading on each others toes. Just the thought of playing X-Men vs. Streetfighter, or Twinkle Star Sprites with that thing is what makes it sooo tempting!

Vroomfunkel

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well you never really said anything about that you had so many controllers. I thought I had a lot in having about 3 normal pads, 2 of those special pads with turbo switches and one of the those 3d pads.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hehe

Well, since probably my biggest favourites on the Saturn are Death Tank Zwei and Saturn Bomberman, it is fairly essential to have at least 7 joypads, for maximum Death Tank enjoyment. And it's good to have 10 just on the off-chance that I ever get enough interested people together to do the 10-player Bomberman. Best I've managed so far is seven though ..

Are there any Saturn games where you can actually have the theoretical max of 12 players, i.e. using every port on two multitaps?

Vroomfunkel

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have no idea. The only multi player game I've tried is Guardiin Heroes and I'm pretty sure you can't do more than 6 people in that. The most people I was ever to get to play was 4.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default SBOM

ever thought about collecting ten Hudson SBOM Joycard and SBOM multi-tap? There's even a bundle pack in Japan that includes two pads, one multi-tap and disc.

I have seven Hudson pads and two multi-tap so I'm getting there... ;p

cheers

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those aren't that bad to own. The only problem with them is you need to have other around where you live to have any use for them, not to mention you need people that like Bomberman. For me I don't know anyone that likes Bomberman or is into games from around where I live.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default mmm

Yeah, I had a boxed Hudson Multitap, two boxed pads and the box set (1 pad, 1 multitap and 1 game). Sadly I was in dire need of cash and sold them all off. It was a sad day. But I have got over it. I got quite a bit for them, and have a standard multitap and plenty of decent joypads. But I do miss them .. I am slightly Bomberman mad, so I really like having them and playing with them.

*sigh* .. ah well. I have to be in the clear with my bank by 1st of June or else I am in trouble, so there was no option really. In fact, I'm gonna have to sell off a fair bit more stuff through June to make sure I keep in the black. After that, I *think* I should be OK, but it's been a pretty close call.

Needless to say, that Dual Pro Fighter Stick is gone now, someone must have snapped it up. But that's probably a good thing .. I really can't afford to have it at the moment!

Vroomfunkel