Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh...ugh.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Default Yu-Gi-Oh...ugh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...101519573&rd=1

Found this one over at cheapassgamer. My god people are stupid.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I dunno man, those three cards that are in there are pretty special, and YGO cards can go for a lot if they're premiums (read: not in retail packs). The Forbidden Memories LE PSX game was a pretty small run, I believe. The original version didn't have cards in it.

That said, I am surprised it went for that much, since the game itself is maybe $10 of that price. Makes me wonder if I should sell mine. :P
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    I dunno man, those three cards that are in there are pretty special, and YGO cards can go for a lot if they're premiums (read: not in retail packs). The Forbidden Memories LE PSX game was a pretty small run, I believe. The original version didn't have cards in it.

That said, I am surprised it went for that much, since the game itself is maybe $10 of that price. Makes me wonder if I should sell mine. :P

even if the cards are rare....that is crazy just for 3 pieces of cardboard
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    If you think about it, video games are just chunks of plastic and a little metal. Yugio's shaping up to be the next Pokemon, and a sealed game with cards included could fetch more than that in the near future.

You never know when any terrible game is going to be the next Dragonball GT: Final Bout. (Which, by the way, I bought for $15 new and sold to a friend for five bucks. )

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You've got to be kidding me. Yu-Gi-Oh, AKA The Children's Drug, is a complete waste of money. I can't stand the stuff, except the TV show which I watch little of, and the manga, whcih IMO, is pretty good. But anyway, these damn cards are rediculous. The poeple who make these think of the most stupid names they can think of, and turn it into a card. For example, there's Bite Shoes, 4 Starred Lady Bug Of Doom, Flying Fish, Hungry Tomato, I think, and so many others. Kids these days will buy anything, and Konami knows that. Plus, most of the games are terrible. Only a couple are worth playing, and they haven't been imported from Japan, and probably never will. This game is terrible, and why someone would pay 100 bucks for this junk, is something I would like to know.

EDIT: It's also sad to go into a Wizards of The Coast and find many adults playing this game too. It's a sad world we live in...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Funkenstien
    If you think about it, video games are just chunks of plastic and a little metal. Yugio's shaping up to be the next Pokemon, and a sealed game with cards included could fetch more than that in the near future.

You never know when any terrible game is going to be the next Dragonball GT: Final Bout. (Which, by the way, I bought for $15 new and sold to a friend for five bucks. )
    I knew someone would say video games are just plastic, and I realize that. I guess its just that I think the whole Yuaghitaio (sp) thing is dumb.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had like 400 pokemon cards. Like 40 holos and such. Spent about 120 on them prolly and only got about $20 of it back. Game most a way for free. Also spent about 250 on magic... prolly could only get about 60 bucks for it all.
    Midwest

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I knew someone would say video games are just plastic, and I realize that. I guess its just that I think the whole Yuaghitaio (sp) thing is dumb.
    I'm not a fan of Yugio either, but if I can turn a profit on something, even if I don't like it, I'll buy it.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

The regular version of this game is all over. In the wild over the last year or so ive only seen 2 of these games, both w/o the cards.

This thing pulled the price it did cause its still sealed. Those damn exclusive cards are what make it rare. The front insert is a holofoil (the rear one might be to, im not remembering at the moment) makes the damn thing one of the very few TRUE cover variants for the PSOne. The game itself and the manual are exactly the same as the regular version. It had a short run, and most dont have their cards now, so sealed as stupid as a 100 drop is on the damn thing, isnt too bad. Though to put it up there with DBGT:FB and SuikodenII is just hard to accept to me.

Damn thing is rare. When it came out, i tried to buy it, i just couldnt justify 39 on it at the time. Wouldnt blink on one now at 39, it would be in the bag coming home.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

same here, i can't stand yu-gi-oh, but if i can turn around and sell something for a profit, i'll do it...

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow....And I just saw a couple of sealed L.E. versions this past weekend. I didnt pick one up because I have one for my psx collection allready. But now I will have to go back and get them

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.