Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best showing so far at E3?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best showing so far at E3?

Which of the big three do you feel has had the best showing so far? I think Nintendo and Sony have done very well so far. Microsoft seems to be holding on to Halo 2 and nothing else.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

I'd say Nintendo has made the best showing so far.

But, we still have the big Sega announcement tomorrow, so who knows.

But, after tomorrow I will probably still say that Nintendo has the best showing at E3.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Three words. Nin Ten Do. Sony's so-called announcements.. *yawn* Seriously.

Nintendo pwned this one.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo easy.

Just because of the new 2D Mario.

Now if they could make an all new sprite based one...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Konami, all the way. You can't deny the insanity of a bombshell like Eyetoy compatibility in the next DDR. ;-)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be honest. I didn't get a chance to see the Xbox conference, so as far as I know, if could have kicked immense ass. Hell, for all I know, Nokia may own all of our souls. But what conferences I *DID* see were Sony, via download from a site.. and Nintendo, via live feed from their site.

What did I think of those two?

Nintendo stole the show. Plain and Simple.

I'll be the first person to say that Sony certainly has both the gaming library on their side and spiffier graphics from the PSP than the DS does. I'll give them that. And I'll likely look into more PS2 games this year than I will for my Cube. But we're talking about the SHOW, and Nintendo most definitely kicked all forms of gaming ass.

Unlike Sony, I actually DIDN'T start to fall asleep during the Nintendo conference. Sony's WHOPPING 75 minute press conference was just random numbers of jibberish and jargon. It came off like a sales pitch to a business, with them spending the entire time BSing their way through cost production ratios and pie charts of mass market development analysis and system specs that will never live up to the promises anyway.

After the first 40 minutes of hearing lines like "And we're going to optimize our business practices to make them more flexible to our online contributors with killer apps which will enable us to build revenues that will generate and create a reality to move the industry in the right direction... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah", I was ready to just doze off on my keyboard. I mean, COME ON. This is E3. Shouldn't the sales pitch be more exciting than that? I used to write filler crap like that for my business management homework when I was in 7th grade. And I only got a C- on those! I mean... THIS IS THE BIGGEST EVENT IN GAMING HISTORY. IT HAPPENS ONCE A YEAR. I WANT SOME EXCITEMENT!!!!! But I held out for the whole thing.

Now, in the 75 minutes of this... "conference"... I counted FIVE times the audience applauded, excluding the obligatory "let's introduce this guy" applause encouraged from whoever was on stage at the time. And trust me, where was a lot of shameless "encouragement" from the people on stage to applaud for people working on the stage and demonstrating products.

And of those four, all of which were mild applause that lasted maybe 5 seconds. Mind you, I'm being generous when I say applause lasted that long. THREE of which weren't even for a game. They were for the trailer of Spider-Man 2 (nice Sony/Columbia plug there for you), the Final Fantasy DVD and 20 seconds of an Incubus video. --Wait, wait, wait... hold on a second... this conference IS supposed to be about VIDEOGAMES, right? I mean, I WAS watching the Sony videogame press conference, and not some "let's plug everything Sony produces in our show and pass it off as something relevant to videogames" marketing scheme, correct?

Anyway... What that leaves us with were TWO, 5 second, genuine applauses for Sony from the audience for the ENTIRE SHOW.

Nintendo on the other hand... sure... they gave their share of sales pitch BS... for about 7 minutes... COMPARED TO 90 FROM SONY. Not talking down to you with data or telling you why they deserve to be number one, but simply being honest about who they are and what they are trying to do, and even took a few jabs at Sony, Xbox and Nokia. Just in jest. It was fun.

But after the first 10 minutes the conference became just that: A conference, not a sales pitch... and didn't come off as one either. It came off as a meeting of the minds, assuming you were the top gamer. They approached every gamer, of every age as equal. None of this "we need to sell our games to this market because the consumers want to buy this and not that" crap that has been deluding the industry and game community for the last 5 or 6 years now. And you know what? People actually LIKED that. You could hear one guy go nuts in the background and the mere mention of Pokemon. Pokemon! And for all I know, that guy DOESN'T live in his grandparent's basement.

Now I'll be the first person to say that Nintendo didn't have a lot of... hell, Nintendo didn't have ANY new franchises to plug this year. --Well, then again... Sony didn't really plug any new franchises either. And the only really "new" series they had was Geist and that was at the show last year. But still, sometimes having less is more and for Nintendo they were certainly able to do more with less. People knew the DS would be revealed. People knew the PSP would be revealed. But whereas the PSP took about 30 seconds before the mild applause kicked in, the instant the DS was plucked from the pocket of VP Reggie's pocket, the crowd jumped on it.

And that sure wasn't the only one. Mention of Metroid DS brought the house down. And whereas I thought that was big, 5 seconds later when the playable was announced, the audiance went nuts. They went psychotic over the multi-player aspects and wi-fi internet connectivity. The audience gasped at the idea of a touch screen feature and murmurs lingered about with the mention of voice recognition. Zelda... who could expect that? People were getting up to leave the conference, stopped dead in their tracks and went insane with the Zelda trailer came on... and a standing ovation to Shigeru Miyamoto when he walked out on stage. None of this "give the guy a hand" sucking-up that Sony pulled. This was sheer enjoyment from the people.

Just how many gasps and how much applause was pulled in by the audience durin the Nintendo conference? I don't know. I honestly lost count.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

easily Nintendo, the Metroid for DS alone already stole the show
    -Jan

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm torn on this one.

As for e3 ONLY annoucements - it's Nintendo, they rocked with the DS, the new Mario & Metroid, etc etc.

Sony's PSP looks to be killer also, but there wasn't much new about it, so there only second rate in E3 this year.

I can't believe a few months back we were all downing the DS for it's 2 screens, now we see games, and don't even give a crap about the second screen. I know I sure don't!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I watched all three of the conferences and I think Nintendo really stole the show so far. Everything they showed looked exciting, especially zelda and the DS. I was also very pleased with Microsoft's conference. They showed a shit load of games and I can say that my Xbox library will at least double from what I saw. The Sony conference absolutely sucked. Like mentioned above, they spent more than half of the time BSing about charts and graphs, and numbers, blah blah blah. I especially love how Sony refuses to ever mention how many consoles they actually sold...all I keep on hearing is so many millions shipped...that means absolutely nothing. They barely showed any games, and the ones they did were not exciting at all. I will give them credit with the PSP, as I am more interested than before, but it wasn't enough to make me want one right away. It just seemed like the same old stuff, just now on a handheld. Yeah the DS has mostly franchise games too, but with the two screens, the touch screen, the ability the switch from 2D and 3D from one screen to the other on the fly, and all the developers talking about the new creative ideas they have, its just seemed more exciting. (Wow that was a long sentence).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nintendo for sure

I start crying when I saw the zelda video.
    Metroid Prime 2 will own as usual!
    AND I am amazed of GEIST which looks(graphic wise) awesome and seems to have incredible gameplay possibilities(hell, where else can you take "mental" control of an extinguisher,rat,dog,TNT or weapons? )
    Pikmin 2....gimme gimme
    Jungle Beats....best game idea ever

good god! I just realized that they also showed "Advanced Wars:Under Fire","Mario Tennis" and "Starfox" for cube.

not to forget that the DS is INDEED great:
    Super Mario 64x4 (multiplayer Mario 64!!)
    A new 2d Mario
    Metroid Prime:Hunters (it looks nearly as good as the cube version )
    Mario Kart DS
    Animal Crossing DS
    WarioWare Inc DS

ahhhhhhhhh I'm like blown out from all this good stuff
    need some booze NOW

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo all the way took E3 , now wheres this sega announcement? im kind of hoping sega will steal the show
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have to give it to Sega. Their new handheld Prometheus is going to kick so much butt. Er, I mean, it's going to get its butt kicked by the DS and PSP. Sorry, even I couldn't keep a straight face after that announcement.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is that whole Prometheus thing legit? I haven't seen any *solid* word on it yet. Links are good
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NINTENDO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, oh my god, I am getting so gitty with all these Nintendo announcements! The things I look forward most to, that all I will be getting on launch day are:
    Gamecube:
    Star Fox 2
    Paper Mario 2
    Metroid Prime 2
    Geist
    Pickmin 2
    Mario Tennis

The Nintendo DS absolutely rocks! I always thought it would be great, but not this good. I mean look at these great games:
    Super Mario 64x4 (multiplayer Mario 64!!)
    A new 2d Mario
    Metroid Prime:Hunters
    Mario Kart DS

Oh, and when I say the "NEW" Zelda game, the one with the real grapics and not cel shaded, I think I shed a tear. Really. This brings me back to the countless hours I spent on Ocarina of Time. I mean I still play that game regualarly today. Nintendo is just out doing their selves this year! And there is still more to come.

Can't wait for Sega's announcement!

Things I still hope for:
    New Smash Brothers game
    New Platformer Mario (Predecessor to Mario Sunshine)

I just can't say enough how many great things Nintendo is putting out. I am literally drouling over everything. It's like I am in heaven. Espcially with this new DS info, and the cool games for it!

NINTENDO IS #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait.. back the train up. Sega Handheld?

Pictures, link, more info.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Nintendo, no contest so far.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo, easily.

The DS alone wins me over, but Metroid Prime 2, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Advance Wars, F-Zero 2, and Paper Mario 2 just sweeten the deal.

The PSP also looks kind of interesting, but the $250-$300 price tag doesn't make it look any better.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves elected president should on no account be allowed to have the job." ~Douglas Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

surprisingly NINTENDO ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR! now how long has it been since any of us could say that?
    I mean A NEW ZELDA! with great beautuful detailed realistic graphics!
    Ive watched the video probably 30 times over and words really cant express my excitement for this one single game! all on my little gamecube UN-FREAKIN REAL!!!
    Microsofts showing was good also with a lot of solid titles and support for the Xbox
    and Sony more charts on "units shipped" and patting themselves on the backs for brainwashing unsuspecting soccer moms and kids and bringing them into the PS2 minions yep nothing new there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo. The DS looks like it's going to rock, and the games I've heard about sound pretty interesting.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo all the way! DS, zelda, Paper mario 2, all look amazing.

other than the top three, I'd have to go with capcom. The videos of Mega Man X8 and Mega Man X Command Mission made me cry tears of joy!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."