View Poll Results: Which game should I get next?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Godzilla for Gamecube

0 0%
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for PS2

2 100.00%
  • Other (please explain)

0 0%

Thread: Woohoo beat Super Monkey Ball 2's story mode!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Default Woohoo beat Super Monkey Ball 2's story mode!

And it only took my 8 hours, 4 minutes of game time!!

Of course considering that on a theoretical level, the game can be completed in under 2 hours...it's probably not that big of a feat.

I was really disappointed in how many levels seemed to rely on blind luck to complete...that reeks of lazy design in my eyes.

The story was pointless, although it gave me a new sig.

I almost have all the mini-games unlocked...just 1 more to go. Most of the new ones are fun.

I now have to try and go through the levels in challenge mode so I can see the bonus levels (are there codes to unlock these???)

I guess I was hoping for something just a little bit better than what I got. It was fun to be sure, but I think the amount of luck involved soured me on this game a bit...

So, what should be the next game I pick up? I'm torn between Godzilla on Gamecube, or Tony Hawk 4 on PS2???
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's the definition of luck? I didn't see any levels on Super Monkey Ball 1 that required any luck. Of course, they COULD be completed by luck, but they could also have been completed "old school" by playing it over and over and perfecting it.

Just wondering, I'm waiting for the price to drop and can't wait to get it!
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A good example would be a level where these pistons shoot you up the edge of a tall tower, and you just kind of randomly shoot through a moving goal. there's no skill involved since you can't even really aim your camera in an attempt to aim at the goal. some of the levels, however, are devilishly difficult, and require you to think about them in different ways.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Warning!! I am going to talk about some levels of Super Monkey Ball 2...if you don't want to know anything about those levels...please don't read (just covering my behind here :P ).

@ Sylentwulf - By luck I simply meant that I didn't feel like in control of my success or failure occasionally on a level...

Some others levels in SMB 2 that I feel rely on luck are the Air Hockey level...I just ran into the middle of the floor and waited for the goal to hit me.

The Launchers level Fluke talked about is horrible...I have found a strategy that works approx. 20% of the time...

Arthropod, with the walking spider. First off, you have to stand there doing nothing for about 20 seconds, and then gun it, hoping not to bounce over the stinking goal...or get kicked off...

There is a level where a bunch of huge balls roll around in a tray...the goal is in the wall on one side...I honestly was able to just throw my monkey into the tray, and let go of the stick, and make it 2/3 of the time.

To be fair, the vast majority of levels do require good old fashioned analog stick skill. I think the levels that required more luck than skill were just more noticable because they felt out of place. And many levels do require a new way of thinking (especially in World 10 of the story mode).

Definitely get it Sylenwulf, it's a great game, and the mini-games this time are mostly wonderful.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting