Thread: GAH! Turrican help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Default GAH! Turrican help!

Okay, is THIS supposed to happen: I get to the end of World 2, and then I'm waiting for World 3. And waiting. And waiting. And it never seems to come. The music keeps playing, but I think I'm waiting longer than I should... I sure don't hope it's a glitch. Am I supposed to wait, or should I find another rom file?

Okay, now I'm almost sure this is a glitch. Anyone else ever have this trouble? If anyone has Turrican, please try and get to the end of World 2, and let me know if you can get to World 3, or if you are put on indefinite hold on the loading screen. Thanks in advance.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Turrican for the Amiga? If so, try turning on "Match A500 Speed" in the CPU tab in Winuae. I notice that with many games if you don't have it set this way they will lock up or not even load at times. I guess some of these games just need to be running at the normal Amiga speed....which also means you will be waiting through the game loads the exact amount of time you would have on a real Amiga!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Sounds like a plan, but that's the default setting. I'll try again later, but are there any other possible sources of this problem? Thanks, regardless.

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, you can also try to change the CPU type to 68000 (Motorola chip that was the original A500) . Alternately, I have three different pirated (cracked) versions of the game here, as well as the CAPS version. The CAPS version is the original, uncracked, unedited disk which will require the caps dll file to play:

http://www.caps-project.org/

JUst unzip the windows zip into your winuae root directory. This will allow you to play .ipf disk images. From there I can send you the turrican ipf image in email if you want.

BTW: Under the Misc tab, check off to show LEDS. This way you can monitor if a game is actually loading via the green disk drive led.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Or just play the C64 version instead, which imo is actually better (as that was the machine it was originally written for).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

zektor: DUDE... you're doing too much for me! Take a break or something! Ever read a good book lately?

Seriously, I CANNOT thank you enough, man! I'm a little busy as I type this, but I'll try out your settings/roms later. Thanks again!

Mayhem: I do indeed have the C64 version. Good stuff. However, I am attracted to Chris Hulsbeck's score, and therefore, I can only find solace in the Amiga's glorious sound production. And yes, I am aware that the C64 also kicks ass in sound. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey

Have you tried Super Turrican on the snes, it's pretty cool too, i played both the C64 and the Amiga versions but that was some 15 years ago.. So i can't really remember to much about them, but the Score on the snes turrican is super sweet!!! and if i'm not wrong super turrican 2 wasn't too bad either..

( Ps. i'd like to thank Zektor, he helped me out awhile back with NeorageX to which i'm still very greatfull!! thanks man )

..XS (Ahhhhh Metal slug 3 or 4 which shall i play?!)

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Super Turrican (as well as Mega Turrican on the Genesis I think) are barely even the same game. They borrowed the name, and a handful of the moves from Turrican, but Turrican 2 itself was always much better in my opinion.

I may be wrong, but I think Turrican 2 actually was ported to the SNES, Genesis and Gameboy... except they decided to slap on a Universal Soldier license, therefor screwing it up and dooming it to the land of wind and demons (and movie/video game adaptations). The game itself mostly plays the same, except they changed a lot of the graphics, and some levels were messed with. It still has the "big guy with a gun that jumps around" as the first boss though.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro
    Super Turrican (as well as Mega Turrican on the Genesis I think) are barely even the same game. They borrowed the name, and a handful of the moves from Turrican, but Turrican 2 itself was always much better in my opinion.

I may be wrong, but I think Turrican 2 actually was ported to the SNES, Genesis and Gameboy... except they decided to slap on a Universal Soldier license, therefor screwing it up and dooming it to the land of wind and demons (and movie/video game adaptations). The game itself mostly plays the same, except they changed a lot of the graphics, and some levels were messed with. It still has the "big guy with a gun that jumps around" as the first boss though.

--Zero
    1. Yes, Super Turrican for the SNES is pretty much a different game, though borrowing from all three games, mostly T3. There's also a Super Turrican for the Not-Super NES which is a whole 'nother deal altogether.

B. Yes, Turrican 2 was RAPED, thank you very much, Jean Claude Van Damme! What a turnip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    zektor: DUDE... you're doing too much for me! Take a break or something! Ever read a good book lately?

Seriously, I CANNOT thank you enough, man! I'm a little busy as I type this, but I'll try out your settings/roms later. Thanks again!
    No problem man! If I have the time (which amazingly enough I have had the past few days) I am always ready to help!

Mayhem: Yeah, the c64 version was great! I remember the day that game came out for my favorite computer on Earth!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Zektor, the CAPS version of the rom works fine... 'cept for a few funky graphical glitches here and there, but it plays fine. Thanks a huge heapload, sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The odd think is that the version that Factor 5 has to download does not work correctly. One must wonder if their adf download is just one of the hacked/cracked versions of the game....as the CAPS version is an exact replica of the original disk, copy protection and all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    Zektor, the CAPS version of the rom works fine... 'cept for a few funky graphical glitches here and there, but it plays fine. Thanks a huge heapload, sir.
    There shouldn't be any graphical glitches.... Have you tried using the WinUAE config here: http://www.caps-project.org/download.shtml ?