While not a videogame system per se (although it does take cartridges), I just thought this was too funny not to share…

While rearranging my systems to make room for my new TT030, I sat my IBM PCjr on my bed to get it out of the way. While in the midst of moving stuff I bumped the bed and of course the PCjr was sent crashing to the floor. Much to my dismay several boards flew out of the case (the top had fallen off) and the disk drive assembly was sent skittering across the floor only to be suddenly stopped by the thin cable connecting it to the motherboard (ouchie!).

Needless to say I thought my system was shot. Not only had it taken a sudden jolt, but most of its internals were now lying across my floor. Being the eternal optimist I decided to gather up the parts and stick them back in the case just to see what could be salvaged. Much to my surprise the whole system still worked flawlessly! How's that for sound engineering? Somehow I think if I had done that with my modern PC the results wouldn't have been so pretty…

Tempest