Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do anyone know about how many games in North America?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Do anyone know about how many games in North America?

Do anyone know about how many differenet games for Sega Master System? Sega Genesis? Sega CD? Sega 32X? Sega Saturn? Sega Dreamcast? Game Gear? Nomad? 3D0? or any classic system? only I don't want to know about PS2, GameCube, XBOX and Game Boy Advance because they still Development Games.

I only know that NES has 671 Games, SNES has 715 Games, N64 has 291 Games, Game Boy has 612 Games, Game Boy Color has 294 Games, Virtual Boy has 14 Games and PS has 1,223 Games.

**WARNING** I really don't interesting to hear about how many games does Japan has? or Europe has? ONLY in North America. Only Games was sold-out from North America.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    -Jan

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Do anyone know about how many games in North America?

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo1978
    Game Boy has 612 Games, Game Boy Color has 294 Games
    I don't know where you're numbers came from, but the DP Advance Guide will be showing 521 "original" Gameboy games and 454 Gameboy Color games released in the US. There were 125 games that were released for GBC that supported GB. These are listed as GBC games since they are packaged in GBC boxes and were enhanced for GBC. Even if you moved those game to the opposite list, the total would be 646 & 329.

-Mike

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo of America (Official) said Game Boy have only 612 cartridge games and Game Boy Color have only 294 cartridge games. How I get all number from Nintendo? from www.nintendo.com, look at old games list and I did asking Nintendo of America on Email to make sure and they said thats all what they did sold out for ONLY North America. I did goy all number from www.nintendo.com or www.playstation.com. One thing is some games does have more than 2 games in one cartridge game is included mean I did count it on " Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt " cartridge or " Super Mario Bros. " cartridge and " Duck Hunt " cartridge. Right now, I dont want research about Sega, Atari, 3DO, NEC and more because they dont have official homepage in Internet. Sega, Atari and 3DO does have own website but they does not tell about history. I just gave up! thats why I ask everybody if anyone know official number?

NES have only 671 cartridge games
    SNES have only 715 cartridge games
    N64 have only 291 cartridge games

Game Boy have only 612 cartridge games
    Game Boy Color have only 294 cartridge games

Virtual Boy have only 14 cartridge games

Playstation have only 1,223 games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank You for gave me this link and I can check it out.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo of America (Official) said Game Boy have only 612 cartridge games and Game Boy Color have only 294 cartridge games. How I get all number from Nintendo? from www.nintendo.com, look at old games list and I did asking Nintendo of America on Email to make sure and they said thats all what they did sold out for ONLY North America. I did goy all number from www.nintendo.com or www.playstation.com. One thing is some games does have more than 2 games in one cartridge game is included mean I did count it on " Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt " cartridge or " Super Mario Bros. " cartridge and " Duck Hunt " cartridge. Right now, I dont want research about Sega, Atari, 3DO, NEC and more because they dont have official homepage in Internet. Sega, Atari and 3DO does have own website but they does not tell about history. I just gave up! thats why I ask everybody if anyone know official number?

I have Nintendo's master lists for Game Boy & Game Boy Color and there are numerous mistakes and ommisions. They also do not list, for obvious reasons, unlicensed games that were released in the US by Sachen, Wisdom Tree & Rocket Games. They also list a couple of games that were released in Europe but not the US and have some of the publishers and release dates listed incorrectly. Some of the games they list on the Game Boy list are Color-only games and some listed on the Game Boy Color list are B&W compatible, so even though they should be "the source", the information they are giving the general public is very inaccurate.

As a side note, even their Gamecube list is missing a number of US released games. I have counted about 10 so far, so by the time the system is over with in the US I would guess they'll be about 25 short on that list as well.

Keep in mind that the people that put the lists together do not have access to some information and have to either research or are told what goes on there.

-Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler
    As a side note, even their Gamecube list is missing a number of US released games. I have counted about 10 so far, so by the time the system is over with in the US I would guess they'll be about 25 short on that list as well.
    another example, i did ask Sega Europe for a list of all released DC games mainly because i needed the release dates (a lot of them are wrong though as far as i can tell), and their PAL DC list was missing 3 games and had two games on it that were not released at all (4x4 Evo, Flintstones)
    -Jan

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Yah, well ur PSOne numbers are off too. Sony's site doesnt even list all of their released games. Our current count for current PSOne games is closer to 1270, and not 1220. As said above me about the NES stuff, the PS list has missing games and omissions as well. AND they arnt even counting the Lightspan educational series which is another 50 or so games.

Its currently nigh on impossible to have running numbers on the Current systems (Xbox, PS2, Cube, GBA) as they are just putting out TOO many games to keep a solid list. Though there are around 300 Xbox and Cube titles, and somewhere close to 600 PS2 titles at the moment.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    Though there are around 300 Xbox and Cube titles, and somewhere close to 600 PS2 titles at the moment.
    323 GameCube as of about a month ago, but who's counting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Though there are around 300 Xbox and Cube titles, and somewhere close to 600 PS2 titles at the moment.
    288 for Europe

and it's not too hard at all to keep up with the releases as there are only very very few (one to be more exact) not major releases
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@ Stu: I thought there were 1240 PSX titles (hooray for DangerBoy), right?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have Nintendo's master lists for Game Boy & Game Boy Color and there are numerous mistakes and ommisions. They also do not list, for obvious reasons, unlicensed games that were released in the US by Sachen, Wisdom Tree & Rocket Games. They also list a couple of games that were released in Europe but not the US and have some of the publishers and release dates listed incorrectly. Some of the games they list on the Game Boy list are Color-only games and some listed on the Game Boy Color list are B&W compatible, so even though they should be "the source", the information they are giving the general public is very inaccurate.

Keep in mind that the people that put the lists together do not have access to some information and have to either research or are told what goes on there.

-Mike
    I said ONLY Release in the North America NTSC ..... Not Japan or Not PAL Europe. True, some games does not have unlicensed on NES games but Nintendo did have own rules if any thrid party want make game for Nintendo's system mean thrid party must have license from Nintendo because Nintendo did sued on Atari and another business company in 1986 between 1989 around. I did said NES have 671 games was only North America Release with Licensed mean Game Boy Color have only 294 games with Licensed. I really dont want argue with stupid number but I will find out by myself for research project.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did said " True, some games does not have unlicensed on NES games "

what the heck!!!!! I did typing wrong spelling.....

I mean " True, Some games does not have licensed on NES games "

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yah, well ur PSOne numbers are off too. Sony's site doesnt even list all of their released games. Our current count for current PSOne games is closer to 1270, and not 1220. As said above me about the NES stuff, the PS list has missing games and omissions as well. AND they arnt even counting the Lightspan educational series which is another 50 or so games.

Its currently nigh on impossible to have running numbers on the Current systems (Xbox, PS2, Cube, GBA) as they are just putting out TOO many games to keep a solid list. Though there are around 300 Xbox and Cube titles, and somewhere close to 600 PS2 titles at the moment.
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! then I should say 1,300 games on PS simple!

You really want to know about PS2, XBOX and GameCube???? all number was released till May 31 2004 but Still more Development games and out this year and 2005.

PS2 - 748
    XBOX - 396
    GameCube - 343

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do counting it......

PS2 - 748
    XBOX - 396
    GameCube - 343

All PS2, XBOX and GameCube was released in Only North America by end of May 31 2004

but I didn't count on Game Boy Advance, I just know Game Boy Advance have almost 500 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I said ONLY Release in the North America NTSC ..... Not Japan or Not PAL Europe.
    Mike is saying that Nintendo's own lists say that some European games were released in the US when they were not.

Basically: don't take Nintendo's word as the whole truth. Compare their lists with others, including the lists that are contained on this very site.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    I said ONLY Release in the North America NTSC ..... Not Japan or Not PAL Europe.
    Mike is saying that Nintendo's own lists say that some European games were released in the US when they were not.

Basically: don't take Nintendo's word as the whole truth. Compare their lists with others, including the lists that are contained on this very site.
    I'm sure European Games already on North America list. I just want to know how many games whole classic games, not only Nintendo... I asking for Sega, Atari, 3DO, NEC, and More......

what you talking about Nintendo's word? I dont understand what you talking about? If you have a problem with me then get out! out of my face! You should read FIRST POST! I didn't say only Nintendo.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sega did have a Dreamcast check list on their site, but it's not there now. Here is a link to the PDF file:

http://www.segamobile.com/images/dre..._checklist.pdf

what you talking about Nintendo's word? I dont understand what you talking about? If you have a problem with me then get out! out of my face! You should read FIRST POST! I didn't say only Nintendo.....
    Not that she needs someone talking for her, but she meant you can't trust the Nintendo list as 100% correct. It's just like the Sega Dreamcast list, it's missing at least one game.

AND

Is it just me, or is this person coming off as a bit rude? Maybe it's just the language barrier... I'm guessing English is not you native language. You'll get more help being nice, not an a-hole.
    What have you done America?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I know you said other companies, but set them aside for a second and concentrate on Nintendo for just this one entry into the post. You seem to be taking the lists that Nintendo gave you as the final total, but Mike is saying that there are other games released that Nintendo did not include on their lists.

And besides that, they did make a mistake by including European-only released games on the US Games listings for the Game Boy.

If you think I have a problem with you, you are mistaken. I'm not trying to argue, when I say "compare their lists with others" I mean compare the list of games that Nintendo has for the Game Boy and the one we've taken great effort to compile for US releases here: http://www.digitpress.com:8080/DP/cmf/listing.cmf

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Playstation US releases so far: 1280 or 1281 if you count Slam n Jam Sig Ed. as a separate release. I'm not counting minor changes, (Rollcage LE, Lost World Special Edition) but bigger changes like Nascar Legacy certainly get counted.

There are also more titles coming for PSX, but I would put solid money we won't see more than 10 more releases. In any case, the PSX has by far the most released titles of any US system.