Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Days until the Gameboy Advance Classic Series is Released

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Days until the Gameboy Advance Classic Series is Released

What's up everyone! Well, it's exactly one week to the day when the GBA CLASSIC SERIES is going to be released, June 7. Now I know when this series was announced like 2-3 months ago there were posts here and there about what games people wanted and if they were or were not going to get the system, or just the games.

Well now since it's only days until its released, and everything is said and done, I just wanted to know how many people were getting the system, did you reserve it or not, how many and what games are you getting, those kinds of things.
    I also wanted to see if everyone knew that the system is a limited edition series so there will only be a limited number made. I don't know for sure, but would suppose, that the games will be made in limited numbers as well. Not so few that only if your lucky you'll get one, but Nintendo will probably stop making them after a few weeks, or maybe until they stop selling so good. I bring this up because I have heard people say that they will be getting one once the price falls or something, but that won't happen. Stores will probably just end up selling out.

I have reserved:
    GBA Classic SP System
    Donkey Kong
    Excitebike
    Super Mario Bros
    Zelda

That's all I probably will buy. Now, hopefully Nintendo will come out with a second series of games that they are doing over in Japan. I can think of 200+ NES games that I would love to see on the GBA, but I guess we'll see if Nintendo decides to even make a second series. It all depends on how good it sells over here in the states.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i personally havent yet decided if i am going to be picking up the games + system. I am definetly getting Zelda, but other than that, i still have to make up my mind.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

I'm planning on picking one up, but I still haven't gotten around to reserving it yet. I've been looking for an excuse to buy an SP, and now I've found one!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Such a great set, so full of nostalgia! Why, I remember how every kid on the block owned Namco Pacman, which was so rare that its very existence was debated at one point! Oh, yes, and BOMBERMAN! We all owned that! I'm glad they're re-releasing it, especially in Europe, where it was NEVER RELEASED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Oh, and the packaging is just gorgeous too! Those standard, ugly GBA boxes are so much better than the miniaturized versions in the Famicom set.

Thanks, Nintendo!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I Haven't decided if I'm going to buy them either... if I get them, I'm going to get them all in one sweep as my bithday present. It's that damn completionist gene in me
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have my NES SP reserved, but I don't think I'm going to get any of the games though. I bought them all when they were released on the NES, and I really don't see the need to buy them again. Although the save feature in Excitebike sounds choice. I might pick that one up.

I really wish they'd release an arcade emulated Donkey Kong instead of the NES version. It's just not the same without the Pie Factory and the "How High Can You Get?" message displayed before each level.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoMan
    Now, hopefully Nintendo will come out with a second series of games that they are doing over in Japan. I can think of 200+ NES games that I would love to see on the GBA, but I guess we'll see if Nintendo decides to even make a second series. It all depends on how good it sells over here in the states.
    I hope they'd do this. This batch of 8 classics they are re-releasing aren't that impressive to me and I'd like to see more. It'd be great if they did a Sports Series, Arcade Series, etc. and put 4 or 5 NES games on one cart, but knowing Nintendo, they'd rather milk it and release them all separately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I'm interested in getting SMB, Zelda, and Xevious from the US released line, simply because all 3 are perfect portable games for me.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will probably end up getting one down the road. Defenitely will pick up zleda, donkey kong, xevious and bomberman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek
    I Haven't decided if I'm going to buy them either... if I get them, I'm going to get them all in one sweep as my bithday present. It's that damn completionist gene in me
    Not a bad birthday present, the whole set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome, if you go through with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="norkusa"]I have my NES SP reserved, but I don't think I'm going to get any of the games though. I bought them all when they were released on the NES, and I really don't see the need to buy them again. Although the save feature in Excitebike sounds choice. I might pick that one up.
    quote]

I had just about them all when they were orignally released too. I don't know what it is, but I have to have them again anyways. Anything thats released from the NES I HAVE to pick up and buy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    I will probably end up getting one down the road. Defenitely will pick up zleda, donkey kong, xevious and bomberman.
    Is Xevious is good? It just looks like it sucks to me. But don't go by that, I have never played it before so don't know really what it's like.
    How about Bomberman, any good too?

I think Nintendo's rerelease lineup for this classic series is allright, but defiantley could have come up with some better games for it. (DK, SMB, Zelda, EXCITE. are all ok though!!!!!!)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    Is Xevious is good? It just looks like it sucks to me. But don't go by that, I have never played it before so don't know really what it's like.
    How about Bomberman, any good too?
    I never really liked the original Bomberman... the engine just didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek
    Not a bad birthday present, the whole set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome, if you go through with it.
    Yeah... the classic series and Metal Slug 3 will be grand to get!
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    HalfCabLeroy

I'll probably pick up zelda and maybe some others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, after the whole GBA Video fiasco, I've decided to instead of trying to collect BOTH the GBA Vid's and Classic NES games and just collect the NES games. Will save a lot of money in the long run too.

I just have to collect one of them, and it'll be easier and cooler to collect the old skool NES games instead.

Every week or two I will buy one. And if they come out with more, and here's hoping they do, at least until Tetris, Dr. Mario (Already in Japan) and Star Tropics and maybe even Dragon Warrior come to be. Then they can stop.

I will collect all of them, and probably in the end buy the NES GBA to complete the collection. At least it's easier to collect all of something when you start from the beginning. Plus they'll look damn cool on my shelf. And in my GBA case.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I'm just going to end up getting Exite Bike, and the otherones cheaper later. They could have put all of those on one cart and sold it for $40, but that would be too kind....
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    I think I'm just going to end up getting Exite Bike, and the otherones cheaper later. They could have put all of those on one cart and sold it for $40, but that would be too kind....
    yea, but if it was one cart, it wouldnt be fun to collect, and you would only have 1 thing to go with the new gbasp...not 8
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    yea, but if it was one cart, it wouldnt be fun to collect, and you would only have 1 thing to go with the new gbasp...not 8
    Exactly! Collecting is only fun if there's more than one..

Heh.. that rhymed.

Can't wait to compare the US SMB to the one I imported from Japan.. uh.. Hong Kong in March. Tell ya one thing, the Japanese packaging will kick the piddly US version's ass. Sadly. NOA doesn't care about cool packaging. Thank God for places like Lik-Sang.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm definitely picking up Zelda and Mario, and maybe xevious. I've never played xevious. Is it any good?
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Well, after the whole GBA Video fiasco, I've decided to instead of trying to collect BOTH the GBA Vid's and Classic NES games and just collect the NES games. Will save a lot of money in the long run too.
    What fiasco with the GBA video's. Do you not like them, or is there something wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    What fiasco with the GBA video's. Do you not like them, or is there something wrong?
    Glad you asked..

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51116