Thread: No Manci Games #2 by June 8th?

Strawberry (Level 2) ManciGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default No Manci Games #2 by June 8th?

If you are a subscriber and do not receive issue #2 by June 8th, please email us at: subscribe@mancigames.com and we'll send you out another copy ASAP.

Once again, sorry about the delay. Mailing houses are fickle creatures and a certain amount of "lost issues" are to be expected.
    Manci Games - For the Retro Gamers of the World (RIP)
    Home of Manci Games Retrogaming Magazine
    www.mancigames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: No Manci Games #2 by June 8th?

Quote Originally Posted by ManciGames
    Once again, sorry about the delay. Mailing houses are fickle creatures and a certain amount of "lost issues" are to be expected.
    Hey, it happens with all magazines. I never received my May 2004 edition of the US Official Playstation magazine even though June and July have since arrived. And when I contacted the magazine they told me they didn't have any left so they'll extend my subscription by one issue. not much of a consolation since I had a complete collection.
    Leonard Herman
    The Game Scholar
    Publisher of Historical Videogame Books
    http://www.rolentapress.com
    Phoenix 4 coming in 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone on another board just told me that the magazine has been canned and that subscribers will be getting a pro-rated refund..

Is this true?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's the email I received:

"C'mon now, don't frown. You and Manci Games gave it our best shot!

After much blood, sweat, and tears, Manci Games Magazine has decided to call it quits. While our subscriber base has been the absolute best that one could ask for, we feel that the market simply is not big enough to support a monthly, full color, 48-page magazine dedicated solely to the retro-gaming market.

The Bad News: No more Manci Games after Issue 2.

The Good News: All paid subscribers will receive a full pro-rata refund!

If you paid by Paypal, your refund will be sent back via Paypal. If you paid by check or money order, a check will be issued. All refunds will be issued by June15th, 2004.

In order to make sure that the returns process flows smoothly, we will be ensuring that everyone who subscribed through 10:00 PM on June 3rd, 2004 will receive a copy of both Issue #1 and Issue #2. This will allow an even 10/12 pro-rata refund to all subscribers, while also giving any late-comers the opportunity to acquire both issues for $2.00 each. Expect these to show up in your mailbox within the next two weeks.

Thanks again to all of our subscribers. You guys are the best readership a new mag could hope for. Also, thank you to all of our contributors. There would not have been a magazine without you.

While Manci Games is packing it in, there are a few upstarts willing to give it another go!

Be sure to check out:

Retro Gamer - http://www.livepublishing.co.uk/cont...trogamer.shtml
    (Manci's Choice!)
    Classic Gamer - www.classicgamer.com (Online Only & High Quality) Video Game Collector - www.vgcollector.com ("The Beckett of Video Games")

Manci Games wishes the best of luck to all of these publications. Hopefully, you will get to check out MG alumni within the pages of all of them!

Manci Games Magazine might be dead...but Manci Games Publishing lives on. Be sure to check the website again a month from now, as we will be unveiling an exciting new project...

Signing off (for now),
    The Manci Games Crew"

Very sad news

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How could they have come to that conclusion after only two issues? The first one is basically a test run and the second had mailing issues. They didn't have any issues go smoothly enough to test the market at all.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I got that email too. They are probably teaming up with someone else I bet. Maybe someone with a magazine that has a name that reflects what it is about, not like Manci Games. I never understood the name. Probably named after one of the original people starting it up is what I was thinking.
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>