Thread: Anyone play Eve Burst Error or Desire on Saturn?

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Default Anyone play Eve Burst Error or Desire on Saturn?

I've kinda been on an obscure import Saturn game kick recently and was wondering if anyone here has ever played the games Eve Burst Error or Desire on the Saturn? I know there was a translated PC version of Eve Burst Error, but Im only interested in the Saturn version (sadly, I cant find a printable walkthrough for the game). Anyone ever play either of these games and have any comments/impressions on them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Saturn port of Eve Burst Error is EXCELLENT. The intro is slightly cooler than the Windows version (because of an important background element that was bizarrely left out of the Windows version), but the basic game is the same. The big difference is that the Japanese text is better than the English translation, so the Saturn version wins out. Content-wise, the Saturn and Windows versions are the same.

Eve Burst Error is a fantastic game no matter what platform you get it on. It's visually a little "old" on the Saturn, but still looks nice enough.

Desire is edited down from the Windows version, but the context around the edits is bad because the sex scenes are critical to the story and continuity. Also, this is a rare case where the English translation slaughters the original Japanese. So I do not recommend the Saturn version.

Desire is a so-so game, and the only reason to play it would be to play the Windows version for the KICK ASS English translation which makes the story 100 times better and a bazillion times more meaningful. The Saturn has some really nice FMV sequences though (the best I've seen)

//Zig

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Thanks a lot for the impressions! I pretty much was assuming the same thoughts on Eve Burst Error based on the small things I heard on it, but Desire I was unsure of. Oh well, too late now Still, the artwork doesnt look too bad in Desire and getting both for $30 together makes me feel good about em