I figured, since I have yet another opened Network Adaptor (thanks to the asshats at EB Games), I'd give the newly opened one (grrrr.....) a shot.

I called SCEA's tech support hotline again, had them walk me through the setup process again, and again, they wanted the model number of my PS2.

I pawed through the manual and saw that table which contained the list of serial numbers which correspond to a PS2 NOT being compatible with the NA.

The strange part? My PS2's serial # matched NONE of the numbers (or anything in between).

This time around, the operator told me that they're interested in taking the PS2 back from me and even providing the shipping costs BOTH WAYS so I don't have to pay anything out of my pocket.

Here's the kicker though:

They'd send me a factory refurbished PS2 which will work with the adaptor.

WTF? At that point, I got pissed and stated my displeasure to the operator.

Think about it; I have to send in my pristine PS2 (where the only problem it has is that doesn't work with the NA) in order to receive a FACTORY REFURBISHED one?

FUCK THAT SHIT!!!

So in order for me to play Syphon Filter: TOS online, I'm forced to send in my old workhorse PS2, wait about 2 weeks and then receive somebody elses garbage? Sure, the replacement would have been re-worked, re-chipped and re-furbished but still, SOMEONE USED TO OWN IT BEFORE and it's probably considered a formerly defective return from a store like EB Games!!!

When I bought my PS2, it was NEW IN BOX! Why the hell should I have to exchange it for (out of all things) a USED one???

Sony's logic just escapes me. Again, they're reinforcing the whole "It's our falt but we'll have the consumers pay for it" situation.

The plot thickens....

GunPanther