Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony, take this network adaptor & shove it up your..@#$!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't ask you for your particular opinions Jibbajaba, so why don't you just shut your fuckin' piehole, stop typing and keep your petty little insults and comments to yourself, you mindless fuckin' drone. If you had any common sense in that brain of yours, you'd see the point that I'm trying to make.
    If you want an opinion, then don't post in a public forum, because giving opinions is what people on these boards are supposed to do. Also, I don't see anyone insulting you, just disagreeing with you. Most intelligent people can discern a difference. I believe most people see the point you're trying to make, but we don't agree with it. That's life pal.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

No, I called him a "spoiled fucking brat" which I admit was an insult. Probably not cool, but it frustrates me because people like this are never happy. He isnt happy that sony wont give him a brand new PS2, and he isnt happy that most of us don't agree with his stance.

Look dude, if they gave you a new PS2, then they have to give everyone a new PS2, and that just aint gonna happen.

Thanks for backing me up, ddockery.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys, I can understand that this thread has turned into something larger than just "What do I do with this NA that won't work with my playstation." However, profanity and personal attacks aren't warranted.

We've been charged by Joe (and the mods) to act like adults and treat each other with common courtesy. So, let's do that.

Oh, and Panther, just accept the refurb PS2 and be done with it. Life is too precious to waste on something so small.

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a question that I am sure some of you can answer. Was it the sega CD or the 32X that was not compatible with some of the genesis systems? It could be neither but I do know some games did not work with some systems. I cannot remember is sega informed the people of this or not.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    Guys, I can understand that this thread has turned into something larger than just "What do I do with this NA that won't work with my playstation." However, profanity and personal attacks aren't warranted.

We've been charged by Joe (and the mods) to act like adults and treat each other with common courtesy. So, let's do that.

Oh, and Panther, just accept the refurb PS2 and be done with it. Life is too precious to waste on something so small.

D
    I agree with that statement 110% I think you really should just take the Refurbished one...really, why does it matter so much?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by hep038
    I have a question that I am sure some of you can answer. Was it the sega CD or the 32X that was not compatible with some of the genesis systems? It could be neither but I do know some games did not work with some systems. I cannot remember is sega informed the people of this or not.
    Ummmm....I think you meant to post this in a different thread...

But I think it was the 32X that had compatibility issues, although maybe you couldnt use the Sega CD with the Genny 3. Ive never seen someone use a 32X with a genesis 1 or 3, but thats just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GunPanther
    First off, they released the PS2 I have WITH bugs (eg; Incompatibility issues with the NA). What went wrong there? It's the R&D as well as testing that went wrong.
    Your logic is a little flawed here, and I am not sure how it is that the PS2 has bugs. The Network Adapter was released long after the orginal PS2 came out. Are you saying Sony should have had the foresight to predict compatability issues a console may have with a peripheral that is two years away from being released? Sorry, but I don't think you are justified in blaming Sony for this. The PS2 was released in 2000. The Network Adapter was released in 2002. I don't see this as a bug in the PS2. Sony wanted to release a product to allow PS2 owners to play games online. They could not do so without reworking the hardware on the PS2. Had they not, no one would be playing PS2 games online. In other words they improved the system.

I'm not like the majority of consumers who simply use, abuse and ultimately 'throw away' or replace their console with the next best thing. I'm a collector, and as a collector, I find it insulting that Sony would expect me to treat my electronics like non-collectors do.
    Please, the PS2 is not intended to be a collectible. We're not talking Franklin Mint plates that have some flaw in the design. We are talking about a video game system that is meant to be played by the average consumer. If you think Sony should cater to the whims and idiosyncrasies of each and every individual, you are not being reasonable. Sony is going over and above themselves to replace your system FOR FREE with a "like new" item with a "new" warranty. So you are trading in your used sytem that is out of warranty for a like new system under warranty at no cost to you, and you still have the audacity to bitch and moan? Sorry, you are not going to get any sympathy from me. (Yes, I know you'll say you weren't asking for it either, but hey that's what the forums are for.)

I find ways to circumvent and band the rules to most stores and retailers because I'm what's considered as 'cunning & savvy'.
    This statement completely contradicts the one below.

I try to play by the rules but it seems that manufacturers and retailers don't really like to have any liability when their products don't work properly.
    ???? Liability ???? Umm, they are replacing your unit at no cost to you. Sue them if you don't like it.

Companies like Sony are why people with my disposition even exist.
    So why do you even want your PS2 at this point? Like other posters have said, if you are so bitter about it, take your consumer spending elsewhere.

As for your displeasure with Sony, I see it as nothing more than an attempt to shift the blame from yourself for a mistake you made, i.e. not reading a package/disclaimer before you buy a product to see if you can use it. Perhaps you are not as 'cunning & savvy' as you think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No I meant to post it here. It goes right along with gun panther's Network Adapter not working with his "old" PS2. Both had Add on's that came out after the system had been updated which lead to compatibility issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hep038
    No I meant to post it here. It goes right along with gun panther's Network Adapter not working with his "old" PS2. Both had Add on's that came out after the system had been updated which lead to compatibility issues.
    If I recall, there was a compatibility issue with the 2600 adapter for the Atari 5200 as well. I think it only worked only one of the two models.

As for the 32X, I know it doesn't work with the CDX.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoisKeel
    Man, and this whole time I thought Sony was making quality products with great customer support. And what's this about them making different versions of playstations? Are there more than two? x_x
    My manager at the computer repair store sez there are at least TEN different Playstation 2 variations. He knows this because he frequently mods systems for friends, and the variations become a major factor when modifying your Playstation 2. Some early consoles won't accept the mod chips intended for newer units.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whats the deal with the incompatibility Issue? I have the very 1st original ps2 I got from launch date and to this day Ive never had a problem with untill recently it stops loading the game and it goes into the cd menu which i then have to select the cd option and the game boots up no problem. I have been getting online since the network adapter came out without a problem and I have the 1st model it sounds really stupid for later updated models to have network adapter problems. Im really interested in what serial # ps2 models have this issue. Did the manual for the network adapter state the non working ps2 models? If so Im out of luck because I got my adapter on a trade.

Thanks

Strawberry (Level 2) GunPanther's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    As for your displeasure with Sony, I see it as nothing more than an attempt to shift the blame from yourself for a mistake you made, i.e. not reading a package/disclaimer before you buy a product to see if you can use it. Perhaps you are not as 'cunning & savvy' as you think.
    Please.....

If you were in my situation with this whole network adaptor debacle, you'd probably be pissed at Sony too. Oh wait, I guess you just take everything in stride and hope for the best? You might as lie down on the ground and let the rest of the world trample you then.

I especially loved your brainy "better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" sig. That sure makes you sound intelligent (just like the other millions of people who use that same saying.) Maybe you'd be better off quoting something from a Nine Inch Nails song. At least you'll seem trendy and not like a pompous asshole who thinks they're smarter than everyone else.

Just go back to your flock. I hear they're missing a stray sheep.

UPDATE: Just finished my scam for the day. Not only did I return the opened NA, but I also managed to score 2 free games for my trouble.

Wow. I sure am cunning and savvy, aren't I?

GunPanther
    "Sometimes you just have to shoot their limbs to get their attention."

Good traders: Querjek, k8track, youruglyclone

http://users.ign.com/collection/gymleader_panther

Strawberry (Level 2) GunPanther's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Jorge
    whats the deal with the incompatibility Issue? I have the very 1st original ps2 I got from launch date and to this day Ive never had a problem with untill recently it stops loading the game and it goes into the cd menu which i then have to select the cd option and the game boots up no problem. I have been getting online since the network adapter came out without a problem and I have the 1st model it sounds really stupid for later updated models to have network adapter problems. Im really interested in what serial # ps2 models have this issue. Did the manual for the network adapter state the non working ps2 models? If so Im out of luck because I got my adapter on a trade.

Thanks

Neo-Jorge,

Whoa. I find that strange that your launch PS2 is fully compatible with the NA. (I guess it just re-affirms that Sony is sometimes doing things backwards)

As for that serial no. list of incompatible PS2 models, here they are:

3369556-3369651, 3372352-3372651, 3379084-3380151, 3380260-3381867,
    3381976-3382083

3383152-3383691, 3384652-3385191, 3386152-3386907, 3388192-3389271,
    3391084-3392055

3393868-3394407, 3394516-3394731, 3397192-3398055, 3399868-3400947,
    3403192-3403839

3404692-3405339, 3406192-3406515, 3406624-3406839, 3414661-3416388,
    3417661-3418740

3419173-3419280, 3419821-3419928, 3420661-3421308, 3421417-3421524,
    3421417-3421524

3421633-3422064, 3423661-3424848, 3425161-3425268, 3434377-3434592

"If your numbers fall in any of these ranges. No adapter compatibility" (That's what it said in a FAQ)

The strange part on my end was that my particular PS2's serial number didn't fall on or between ANY of the numbers listed.

GunPanther
    "Sometimes you just have to shoot their limbs to get their attention."

Good traders: Querjek, k8track, youruglyclone

http://users.ign.com/collection/gymleader_panther

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Hi all. Check out the PM I found in my mailbox tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gunpanther
    To: Jibbajaba
    Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:23 pm
    Subject: -----
    Where the hell do you get off insulting me in the first place? How did you expect me to react?

You wanna' claim that I'm a 15 year old with no life? Fine. I'll act like one towards you asshole.

You don't know me.

Who the hell do you think you are?

I told you I posted that message to receive feedback, not insults. Apparently you like to cause trouble, so that's fine with me.

Why don't you do your impression of that poor guy who got beheaded by those terrorists and come back in two pieces? (Such harsh comments. Oh wait, I'm 15, remember?)

If you have something to say, say it in the thread. I guess esquire got something similar since he insinuated that you're dumb. And that comment about Nick Berg is probably the most tasteless thing I have ever read in this forum by any member. I think you just showed everyone your true colors. Please be aware that if you PM me again I will delete your message without reading it, as you are nothing but an internet troll as far as I am concerned. You have way too much time on your hands if you had both the time and the motivation to PM me that garbage. Maybe I over-estimated your age when I said you were 15. I'm gonna go with 12. Part of maturity is letting things roll of your back and realizing what is and isn't important in life. You get all hot and bothered because I called you a spoiled brat (youve gone real far to dissuade that notion!) and now you are lashing out and getting pissed. Meanwhile I am over here grinning and shaking my head because I think it's funny.

Cheers,

Jibbajaba

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, perhaps we aren't capable of acting like adults after all.

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    Well, perhaps we aren't capable of acting like adults after all.

D
    That's exactly what I was thinking..... x_x

This is really sad and pathetic.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions . And we should be able to argue and debate points without getting offended and resonding like children.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

In any case I think this topic has run it's course, and for the sake of averting a flame war I am of the opinion that the Mods should lock it. I doubt anyone is going to say anything else constructive about the original post, but that's just my opinon.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Correction, we've TRIED to say constuctive and helpfull things. But as I've noticed from some of his past posts, GunPanther is'nt interested in listening to any of us.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by soulblazer
    Correction, we've TRIED to say constuctive and helpfull things. But as I've noticed from some of his past posts, GunPanther is'nt interested in listening to any of us.
    I totally agree. What I am saying is that there is nothing further that we can add to what we have already said, so I think that the only potential that this thread has left is for it to turn into a flamewar, which it has already started to do. When Gunpanther gets back from the shooting range or the Gun Show tonight and sees that I posted his PM to me along with some accompanying comments that he will find insulting, he's going to go psycho again. This can be averted by locking the thread. Thats all I'm saying. Of course Gunpanther will suggest that I'm being a scaredy-cat and trying to get the forum locked before he can post some quick witted comeback that will surely put me in my place. Trolls....

Jibba

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah, lock this thread, I can't believe it got so out of hand.

BUT before that, RECAP, as posted by a 5 year old child (emulated by a 21 year old man)...

Gun Panther: "Hi guys, sony is EVOL, my net adapter do not work with my PS2. I try to get money back, but BIG MEAN company no let me. They want me pay 20.00! Help guys!

DP Members: "That BAD man! You need to call SONY and explain more. I'm sorry that not good of big mean Sony man."

GP: "Big mean Sony no help, EB games are meanies too, they make me cry. I want moneys cuz I can't get no games on the internet. Feel bad for me along with me!"

DP: "We feel bad"

GP: "Thank you for feeling bad"

DP: ""Try take to Wal-Mart, they give you FREE STUFF for old things!"

GP: "wow, FREE STUFF for old stuff. That KEEN. Me going there later to take old internet thing to store and get new one to return to other store. Scam is fun!"

DP: "luck 4 U!"

GP: "I am angry so I post new topic that just like old topic, but me so angry I have to post new one. SONY BIG MEANIES! BIG BIG MEANIES! They want to GIVE ME ANOTHER SYSTEM FOR MY OLD ONE. That so wrong! POOP ON SONY! They so mean for trying to help! I think they should give NEW STORE system. ME GREEDY"

DP: "Sony is nice, u take that, be happy!"

GP: "NO D00DZ! me GREEEEDY and need new STORE one. I hate the evil big coorpoorashun. GRRRRRRR, Angry TIGER I am"

DP: "Go home silly, you not fun no more"

GP: "POO POO HEADZ!"

DP: "Go home to mommy, me leave now"

Ahem, and there goes the recap.