Thread: Official 'Ticket Redemption Game' Rememberance Thread

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Official 'Ticket Redemption Game' Rememberance Thread

All these arcade threads are making me remember all the great Ticket Redemption games I used to play, I actually think I was more of a Ticket Redemption Game kid myself...always wanted to win the big prizes behind the counter with the money my mom would give me.

I remember saving up for months one time and walked away with an entire set of 6 5 ft Tall Looney Tunes characters.

So what games were your faves? One of mine was Dinoscore.

I became a master at this game! I was a good shot on the 500 ticket Dino head.

Lets see, Skee Ball was a fave of mine, my brother was little and when the arcade operators back was turned he would run up the game and put the ball in the big number hole (I think it was 500).

Then the dome game where the light spins around and you have to hit the button at the right time. I think there rigged now, because back when I was young I could get it at least 1 in 10 times, now every time I try it's futile.

Coin Pushers, you put the coin in the slot and it adds to the giant stack of coins in hopes to push a few over the edge for tickets. You usually find these giving out quarters in local carnivals.

Of course the basketball games were always fun, too bad i looked stupid playing them, Husky white kids don't make good basketball players.

Of course there are the non ticket games where you win other prizes too. The clump machines (crane machines as most people know em as) were SO much fun. I used to feed quarter after quarter in hopes of getting one of the elisive foam backed autographed no name player baseball cards. Or some sill knock off bugs bunny stuffed animal. I havent seen a good clump machine in years.

I sure miss the good ol days where you would whack a gator and get a TMNT video for 500 tickets. Even though that video retailed at 14.99, and you probably pay 50 bucks for it, that didn't matter. It was all about the fun baby. Ticket Redemption games were my faves.

So, what were your favorite TRG's? Post pics of you can find em! Tell us why they are so memorable to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

apparently the trick to that dome game is to hit the button when the light is 2 bulbs from the target. Apparently the light skips every other bulb.

never tried it myself but i saw this one kid get it on the first try, then some adult wanted to know how he did that.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to love the racquetball based Bingo games. I ruled at those. They were a dime a play, too!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya know, every single arcade I can possibly find anymore nowdays is full of nothing BUT these types of games. Heck man, Chukee Cheeses has made an empire out of these games! !!! If you are ever in the NW 'burbs of Chicago and get a hankeing for some Redemption games, drop me a line and I will give you a list so dang long of these places that you will go broke by the end of the weekend and have a snazzy Pez dispenser to show for it!