Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Family Fun Fitness pad FS:ebay

Incase anyone's interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1396648090

Free shipping for board members or use of BIN.

Thanks for looking

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WHAT!?!

This should go to the eBay insanity forum, and not the Buy & Sell forum!

Buyers beware.. I've done extensive research on this product a while back and basically came to the following conclusion:

Bandai Family Fun Fitness pad was sold at the same time as the Nintendo Power Pad. The difference is that in North America, Nintendo of America decided to sell it under its own brand, while in Europe / Japan, it was licensed to Bandai (very similar to the story behind Mettel selling Nintendo systems in Canada!)

It was not sold before the power pad, it was not limited quantity. In fact, if you visit japanese or european eBay boards, you should find it for much cheaper, and in many cases complete in the box!

Lets stop this misinformation spreading ...

LK

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's some proof:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=1395374594

http://www.hostultra.com/~nintendo/NES_Accessories.htm

"When video games were staring to get the blame for making kids unhealthy by sitting in front of the TV, Nintendo created an 8 button mega mat that was used to control games. It was released with the weird slogan "get in shape while you play a Nintendo Game". It was released with a 5-in-1 cart called Athletic World. It was known in the US as the Power Pad an in Europe to be the Family Fitness Fun pad. Other games compatible were Dance Aerobics, Eggsplode/Shortorder (2-in-1), World Class Track Meet, Super Team Games and Street Cop. Street Cop was an unusual game where you used the Pad and a standard controller at once."

LK

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check your DP guide. The Bandai Family Fun Fitness Pad WAS released in the states. Probably around the same time that Stadium Events was released here. And we all know how common that was right? It was the precursor to the Power Pad, before Nintendo bought the rights to it. The DP guide states that it was a one sided pad, which I have never seen before but knowing the DP guys who wrote it, they probably have proof to back it up.

Now nowhere in my description did I say it was the US version, or even RARE, you know that magicial ebay word that everyone misuses, only that it's much harder to find than a Nintendo Power Pad. On US ebay and anywhere here in the states that is true! How many Bandai pads have YOU found at thrift stores or flea markets locally? How often does it come up on ebay.com? or ebay.ca to you?

Sure you could go to ebay.uk or ebay.de and find one cheap, if they even ship to the states, which alot of them do not, that's why they are on .UK or .DE in the first place. But seriously it'll probably cost you $10 plus overseas shipping, another $10 at the least.
    My opening bid is only $9.90 with a $20 reserve. That's the least I'd let it go for, and I doubt you'd be able to find another for cheaper, all things considered. The BIN is simply for dumb ebayers, which there are alot of, and it wouldn't surprise me to see someone grab it for that much. Thats why it's there.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fine.. makes sense..

the thing that caught me off gaurd was the 100$ buy it now..

Also, I think the DP guide is wrong when it comes to the explaination of the power pad. I think this is yet another cause of a product coming to a region where it shouldn't really have in the first place.

Good examples of that is a few of the original PS/2 systems that were sold in stores here.. they were really japanese versions!

LK

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

actually, the US family fun fitness IS RARE.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by nesman85
    actually, the US family fun fitness IS RARE.
    Quite. But good luck telling a NTSC from a PAL one without the box..... There may be some identifier on each Pad, but I have neither NTSC or PAL (Had plenty an oppotunity to get one.... *sigh*), so I wouldn't know yet.

dave

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@portnoyd, the DP guide states that the NTSC pad is one sided. Dont know if thats true or not though. Seems like all the early pictures of people on the Bandai pad is playing on side A. The Dance Aerobics side. Weird since side B is set up for the running type games. So I still don't know.

@leonk, So are you of the opinion that an NTSC version doesn't exist? Something else to think about, is *IF* it was a regional mixup and Japanese pads were sent here, don't you think people would have realized from the start? I mean, they wouldn't even be compatible. The Famicom used a 15-pin DB connection, not the trademark Nes port. So there wouldn't have even been a way to connect one up. btw is there even a Japanese power pad? I don't think I've ever seen one of those either.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Obviously Leonk is not an NES collector, because he is speaking lies.

Plain and simple. Bandai released FFF in USA in 1987 with Athletic World.

I have two NTSC in box FFF systems. Later on that year, Stadium Events was released. It was pulled off shelves because Nintendo boughtt he rights to the thing and repackaged it in the USA in 1990 as the Power Pad. WClass Track meet is the same game as Stadium Events.

Athletic World was re-released in the USA as being compatible with the Power Pad instead of the FFF. Bandai was still distributing AW, but not SE since it was now WCTM.

the PAL version of the FFF looks exactly the same. It is is not common in Europe either, and gets decent cash there, but not as rare as a USA version, which you can only tell by the damned box.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, as of note, the Japanese version of this item is called the Family Trainer, and is also produced by Bandai in Japan.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DreamTR:

What is your problem pal? Just because I don't get a kick from garbage diving for useless prototypes does not make me a non-NES collector.

I am. I'm really proud of my 500+ NES games and 50+ peripherals, as well as being mentioned in the latest DP guide! Those pictures in the back of the guide, where do you think 75%+ of those NES pictures are from!? MY COLLECTION.

So lets stop with the name calling, ok?

LK

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default Re:

Whoa whoa whoa, simmer down there. For one thing, DTR knows what he's talking about. As far as the FFF, he's completely right. Both NTSC and PAL are both double sided.

Second, DTR proofed the TEXT listing in DP7. He is also mentioned in the guide. Look it up. I mean, not only could DTR provide 100% of the pics, so could I, so could chrisballer, Todd Miller (if he ever decides to surface), and JeffD.

Third, I wouldn't say Buzz & Waldog, Squashed, Taro's Quest, Adventures of Robin Hood, etc are "useless". Considering that they never were released (in some cases, anywhere), I wouldn't call them useless.
    dave

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Leonk, for starters, you don't know anything about me,
    except what you hear from third party sources. SO don't talk about something you know nothing about. You are the one that was so adamant about knowing about the FFF with your so called "research." With that type of research, I hope your employer never asks you to do something important when it's clearly obvious that you are in the wrong here.

Second of all, dumpster diving? Really? Wow. I must do that in spots all over the USA, I take planes into Illinois or Washington in order to get my hands on 20 unreleased NES protos. Wow. I did not know I had all the time i the world to do so. I have good contacts, plain and simple, you can be proud of what you own, who cares, that has nothing to do with it, I stated facts: You know nothing about the FFF. You have 500+ games and accessories, so what? Let's get into the numbers game, I have over 5,000 games, and 600 cartridge protos. I did not mention how many games I had in the post, and such, what doe s that have to do with knowing a single piece of knowledge you lay claim to as being correct? Also, if it comes to having pictures for that stuff in Digital Press, Portnoyd is right, any one of us owns all of that stuff and more, so don't think it's such a wonderful feat or anything. Now go and play your bootleg Family Training Power Pad Fitness PAL version.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DreamTR:

A true collector does so for fun, collecting, and least of all profit. I went out of my way and scanned every manual, cart, box, and piece of my NES collection, and shared it with the rest.

When people ask on here for some "parts" they need for there collection and I have a spare, I send it for FREE. (good example is that ROB spinner just a few weeks ago to a fellow DP forum user).

I listen, I read, I help, and most of all I promote this "joy" in a non-profit ($$$) manner.. (unlike others around here)

So unless you can spend the time, scan every one of your protos, games & carts for the better cause of the group, and assist the rest of us, yapping away thinking you're some kind of NES god will get you no respect from me.

LK

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I usually don't stick my nose into bickering...just want to make a couple of notes before this thread slips into the bowels of the Battlezone...

DTR proofed the TEXT listing in DP7
    Gee, Leonk...it sounds like he IS helping the rest of the group...

A true collector does so for fun, collecting, and least of all profit
    Did he say he was selling all of those games and prototypes??? Did you think that he might enjoy collecting, just like you do??

Well, I'll say goodnight, and watch this thread slip into oblivion...
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

scooter:

You're absolutly right.. video_game_addict and I resolved the exact origin of this device via email.

Yet it was dreamTR who jumped in here and started with the name calling

Obviously Leonk is not an NES collector, because he is speaking lies.
    He had no clue that I resolved this with video_game_addict, yet he continued:

With that type of research, I hope your employer never asks you to do something important when it's clearly obvious that you are in the wrong here.
    love his sentence endings:

Now go and play your bootleg Family Training Power Pad Fitness PAL version.
    But it's ok.. I guess he's already aware of what many people think of the way he deals with others when it comes to NES:

... except what you hear from third party sources.
    Argggg... this is getting childish.

scooterb23, thank you for clearing up the air. video_game_addict, good luck selling the FFF pad.

cheers,

LK

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

NP, glad to see everything came out ok.

And definitely VGA, good luck with that FFF pad...let us know...
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting