Thread: what would be a good price to pay for the main event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default what would be a good price to pay for the main event?

i already have a fire shark coin op in my gameroom,and i have room(and a little bit of cash)for another coin op arcade game.one game i always wanted to get(and it never did come out on any of the home consoles)is the main event,made by konami.i believe it came out in the late 1980's.ive seen this arcade game go for 150.00 to 300.00 dollars at different times on ebay.so im asking,what is value on a working version of this game?and if anyone knows where i can get one at a fair price,please,let me know.thanks.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Those would be fair prices. For $300 it should be in pretty darn good condition. 4 player games always go a little higher than 2 player ones. I have seen a few of these at local auctions and those are the prices I've seen as well.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you've already got a JAMMA cabinet, you can usually pick up just the boards for the Main Event for $40 or less.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics
    If you've already got a JAMMA cabinet, you can usually pick up just the boards for the Main Event for $40 or less.
    i have read about that,but i dont know how to swich jamma boards and play different games.i bought my fireshark arcade game earlier this year,and this is the first arcade game that ive ever owned.so,how do you swich jamma boards?do you or anyone else know if i would be able to swich boards on my arcade machine?because if i can do that,i would be buying alot of boards in the future.thanks for any help you can give me.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pookninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics
    i have read about that,but i dont know how to swich jamma boards and play different games.i bought my fireshark arcade game earlier this year,and this is the first arcade game that ive ever owned.so,how do you swich jamma boards?do you or anyone else know if i would be able to swich boards on my arcade machine?because if i can do that,i would be buying alot of boards in the future.thanks for any help you can give me.
    Switching JAMMA boards is as easy as switching carts in your Atari 2600, NES, ColecoVision, etc.

Just unplug one board, and plug in the new one. Viola!

However, (unless you've got a cab with a monitor that you can easily turn 90 degrees) the easiest way to effectively make that swap work is to have two cabinets: one for horizontal screen games (The Main Event, Double Dragon, etc.) and one for vertical screen games (e.g., Fire Shark).

So - since you've got Fire Shark, which is a JAMMA game but is also vertical, you'll need to either rotate the monitor to play the Main Event, or just get a second JAMMA cabinet that already has a horizontal monitor.

One other thing to consider: newer games have lots more buttons than older games. So the ideal JAMMA cabinet would have lots of buttons - that way it will play darn near everything.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for all you help.im not sure if i really want to try to rotate my monitor,but since i now know it is very easy to swich the boards,and that my fire shark machine can play other jamma boards,i think i will start lookin on ebay for some jamma boards of older,vertical games(like 1942,ka gi ki,etc).thanks for the info,arcade antics.