Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHO IS BEING A JERK

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WHO IS BEING A JERK

I bought a game and paid by money order (ebay# 8109988540). I notified the seller money was on the way. He said shipping would be slowed because it was coming by m.o (check this auction for his description, funny) . I said that's fine I don't mind waiting as long as the item is as described (like new condition) . This is our dialogue and was wondering your opinion. Also check his auction listing (very long winded) and his feedback and let me know if I am out of line or if he is just mean and pompus and not someone people should tolerate.

Thanks for payment, Item above , will be sent out Today, Tuesday, first class mail, delivery confirmation.
    Thanks for your business.
    Please leave feedback as soon as you receive the item, as I check my feedbacks daily and that?셲 my signal to leave you feedback in return
    Thanks,
    (brinn1 over 1650 ebay positives, near 100%)

Dear brinn1,
    I recieved your email and find it unprofessional to say that you will leave
    feedback after I recieve the product and after I leave my feedback. My
    business dealings are finished with you, so if you were satisfied with payment and correspondance you should leave f/b not hold it back untill you see my f/b. Holding it back for retallitory f/b is wrong. If I believe I have dealt with someone in good faith then I leave f/b as I see fit and don't judge there f/b or "trade" good f/b for good f/b. I am pushing to get ebay to not show any f/b untill after both parties have left it, this would increase honest f/b. If you did a good job and gave me a fair deal you should feel confident that you will recieve good f/b. In situations like this I always stay away from leaving any feedback just on principle. Thank you and have a nice day.

You know, after 6 years on ebay, and 1750 positives and near 100% feedback and being a pediatrician who sees 30 to 40 kids each day dealing with parents etc. I've got to tell you that you are a royal pain in the ass. Your first email to me questioned the quality of what I might send you and you stated you'd pay if the quality was as advertized. I found that somewhat insulting. I don't know how long you've been around ebay but those of us with years of doing this know that rule #1 is no feedback until buyer leaves it. Too many times you do nothing wrong as a seller, run into a difficult buyer (you're becoming one) and then get left negative feedback with no chance at doing much about it. You say your part is done, I say that's crap. Your part as a buyer (and I buy and sell on ebay the same amount) is to receive what you have bought, inspect it and then act reasonably after you get it. If you are unreasonable and we do not work out our differences then YOU get negative feedback EVEN THO you paid on time. Your part as a buyer is not done unitl the transaction is completed.
    Now beyond my need to explain to you my approach and thinking, I couldn't
    care less what you think about me as a professional. I don't think you are very professional either and whine about stupid stuff. Save your energy for stuff that matters. You'll get your positive feedback anyway, so what is the big deal if you get it today or next week? Are you in a feedback anxiety crisis? Worry about your health, your family, your job and don't divert negative energy arguing with sellers who have better things to do.
    Obviously if you look over my feedback for 6 years, somebody is happy with
    how I buy, pay, sell, ship etc. If you aren't then so be it.

I am sorry to have upset you, I am just letting you know what my position is
    concerning feedback. There is no reason to say things such as this "royal
    pain in the ass" and "whine about stupid stuff" . I did not "question the
    quality" of what you would send but only stated that I would be happy
    regardless of when it arrived as long as it arrived in stated condition
    after you said it would be delayed because you had to leave town. Also, many long time ebayers will leave positive upon recieving payment and most
    believe the #1 rule is to make a fair sale and do right by their customers
    NOT worry about f/b. And I also do not think that I "am becoming a difficult
    customer" for stating my position on f/b in responce to YOUR email. If you
    do not like it then I will not bother with f/b. It's really not too important to me. I hope you have a better day I am not trying to offend you or be a "pain in the ass" I was only responding to your email. Thanks!!!

Fyi, you are now blocked from sending me any more emails. I will not see
    them.
    You are further blocked from bidding on any of my auctions
    brinn1

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to hear your opinions PLEASE! and don't forget to look at the listing. I don't know how to make a link to it. I'm new to computers.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently you are not the only one having trouble with this seller as far as feedback is concerned. Look at the feedback your seller has left for some other buyers/sellers:

http://www.bipcomics.com/bip/negs/ne...1&Dirn=Left+by

Looks like your seller likes to neg people a lot.

Here's all the neg's your seller received:

http://www.bipcomics.com/bip/negs/ne...rn=Received+by

I would be glad if this seller blocked me from his auctions because he has a serious attitude problem. The seller also likes to let everyone know that he is a doctor. That is so irrelevant to ebay auctions and makes him look childish in my opinion.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Wasnt there a whole thread about this guy? Lemme look around....

EDIT: Nope, different guy, but the similarities are eerie.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27678

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IMHO a seller has a right to withhold feedback 'til completion.

About a year ago I received a check, and gave positive feedback. I then received negative feedback from the buyer "Did not get game" even though I have delivery confirmation he got it. (He then charged back to paypal, but my delivery confirm ensured I kept the money.)

I gave positive feedback to a buyer who did not deserve it, because he's a liar.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Anybody has the right to withhold feedback, but you don;t have the right to harass someone if they havent yet left you feedback.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never leave feedback until I receive it on ANY item. (Unless I'm leaving a Negative , then I do it regardless)

I'm sick and tired of getting bad feedback AFTER I leave positive feedback, when the person would have tried to work it out if they knew that their feedback was being withheld until they worked it out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I counted at least 4-5 instances of this person stating they're a doctor. One in the email above one in the item description and at least three in the link above for the negative feedback. Maybe this person is trying to convince himself that he is a doctor. If you say something enough you start to bellieve it. As far as leaving feedbackl when I'm the buyer I always wait until i receive my purchase and I am satisfied. As a seller I have both left feedback first and waited for the buyer before leaving my feedback. I feel it is a personal choice. But I do not believe that feedback should be held hostage in exchange for positive feedback.

I do like the idea of feedback not being visible until both parties have left feedback.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't feel I was harrassing him but just expressing my view on his policy especially since someone got a neg for not leaving feedback. I hate it when someone is always trying to keep the upperhand with f/b in these situations. If he had not said anything I would have just left f/b and never noticed his unless it was neg. I Don't "check my rating everyday" as he says he does. I just get a wierd vibe from this guy and would not buy from him again. Look at his listings, emails, and replies, he seems unstable and I would not believe he was a doctor unless I had verifid it myself (he REALLY is a doctor). I am in the process of getting his record and another medical proffessional has told me he has a VERY bad bedside manner. Normally this would not be an issue other than the fact that he says it so many times "I AM A DOCTOR". How insecure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I think that a seller doing this for feedback is not a real big deal. There are plenty of sellers that do this (wether they state it upfront or not) and you're going to run into it more than once if you spend an extended amount of time on eBay buying.

jonjandran brings up a good point. If you already recieved feedback from this guy and then your item showed up in less-than-described condition, would you promptly leave him a negative or would your first step be emailing them to try and work things out?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My feedback philosophy:

-A buyer has a right to expect feedback to be received first.

-A seller has a right to know that the item has arrived safely and is satisfactory before leaving a positive feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I`d have to say the seller is right. He is just protecting his reputation.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's fine concerning f/b but what do you think about this guy's attitude. I think he is rude.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the guy comes off as rude. But as long as your item arrives in the described shape and he leaves you positive feedback after you leave him positive feedback.......Who cares ?

When you deal alot on ebay as this guy does appearantly you probably have to deal with alot of dead beats and such. I guess that sucks for his returning buyers if the guy always acts this way. But who knows if he always acts like a total ass wipe x_x

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suppafly
    I`d have to say the seller is right. He is just protecting his reputation.
    I think the seller is being a little pushy when he sends an email like this:

Please leave feedback as soon as you receive the item, as I check my feedbacks daily and that?셲 my signal to leave you feedback in return
    Thanks,
    When seller's send me an email like this I get a little annoyed myself. I would not email them to let them know this, but I would seriously consider not leaving feedback at all. If the seller continued to bother me about feedback I would report them to ebay. Sorry this seller is a real jerk and there is nothing that can justify his poor behaviour in my opinion.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When my item arrives I post the condition

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IMO, the seller can wait to leave feedback untill after the buyer leaves f/b, as long as it is not retalitory. The buyer can still screw things up after he has paid. If he (the buyer) claims not to receive the item when the seller can prove otherwise, that deserves a negative. But if the buyer leaves a neg because the item was not in good condition and the seller does not offer a refund or any other means of resolution, the seller shouldn't leave the buyer a negative. Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as I am concerned, the seller should leave feedback as soon as payment is recieved - the positive feedback should be expected by the seller if the service is good, the buyer allready fulfilled their part by paying.

As for questioning the quality of the item after the quality has been stated however, it is something i would not do as I would trust the description.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always send an e-mail with my payment to a seller which says something along these lines......

"Thanks in advance for a good transaction. I will leave positive feedback upon arrival of the item. (I might say something about the item being as described if thats the reason I am buying it)"

So I really dont see a problem with his e-mail as long as it is within reason.
    I am sure he sends everybody the same thing. As do I send every seller the same e-mail with payment.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.