Okay, so here's the story:

My dad and his mom own the house that's right behind my dad's house. This one guy had been living there for about 8 years, and he's had all sorts of issues. In the last couple years (maybe longer), he's been REALLY bad about paying his rent. We're not talking a little late now and then, I mean not paying at all for long periods of time. My dad and grandma don't rent as a business; they just own a couple houses. They're more than nice to their renters, and they gave this guy PLENTY of time. Enough was enough, though, so my dad had to post an eviction notice. Of course this guy hollers like hell, and he's still in the place long after he's supposed to be out. My dad is understanding, though, and he lets the guy take his sweet ass time. My dad sees that he's just moving all his stuff into his garage, and finally when my dad sees that the guy's mail has been there for a couple days and there are no signs of life, my dad assumes that he's gone. He didn't talk to my dad about anything, didn't hand over the key, nothing, AND he left garbage everywhere.

When my dad sees the place, it's a MESS, absolutely destroyed inside and out. The last time I was in the house, it was beautiful and flawless; now it's unlivable. To make things worse, there is STILL crap everywhere, and there isn't even any power in the house. Goodness knows what the hell this guy's been doing over the years. My dad says that the guy didn't even appear to be there half the time.

Now I'm involved in all this because, one, my dad calls it my house and unless they decide to sell it someday (unlikely) it will eventually be mine, and two, because my dad wants me and my boyfriend to help him clean it up (nice little summer job). My grandma recently had a heart attack, and since she can't go upstairs now, she'll either going to have to move in there which has a bathroom with a shower and tub on the first floor or move into a home, that is if she doesn't improve soon. If all goes well, though, we'll just be renting again.

That brings us to today. We went over to see if there was anything to do, and my dad said that the guy showed up today. It's trespassing at this point, but since the guy wanted to take more of his stuff, my dad was happy to have him take it rather than pay hundreds of dollars to drop it off at the dump himself. He's leaving the lock the same until all the crap is out of the house.

After looking around, I notice in the little girl's room a few games in an entertainment cabinet. Just some common, popular stuff; nothing too amazing. Super Mario World, Killer Instinct, Tetris (GB), Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, a Spyro game, and a few others. I already have most everything there except for Goldeneye, Spyro, and a couple others. Nonetheless, I have a great urge to just take the stuff, keep the games I don't have, and sell off the rest to buy games I don't have.

What do you guys think? Taking into consideration all the crap we've been through with this guy, I wouldn't feel too bad about it in that regards. I wouldn't worry about this little girl either. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't been there in years, there were no systems to be found, the little girl may never see the games regardless even if the guy did take them, and as far as I know, he may see no use for them and chuck them. Very likely, no one would ever even know they were missing. Since starting tomorrow morning we're going to be packing this guy's stuff up in boxes and taking them outside, no one would be able to notice that any particular thing had been removed from anything. The guy should be glad to get any of this crap back. He should be fortunate if those were the only things lost in the move considering he abandoned so much stuff that we could have legally thrown away a long time ago had we desired to do such.

One thing I'm not going to do is ask the guy, if he shows up; that would be just too weird, so no one suggest that. o_O I suppose my options are:

1. Don't take the games.
2. Take them outright.
3. Try to hide them in some other type of box that he might consider junk and leave behind.
4. Put them in a box with the other stuff the girl had.
5. Put them in their own separate box and tuck them away in a corner.
6. Or something else. O_o

So thanks to whoever bothers to read this long story, and thanks for any and all opinions. :)