Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: NES Prototypes (including some unreleased...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS: NES Prototypes (including some unreleased...)

Alright I have five NES prototypes for sale. I am willing to sell the first four for $600 as a set, I think this price seems fair. If someone wants them, give me a holler. If this is too high, then make me an offer. This set includes Crystal Mines, Moon Ranger, Pyramid, and Impossible Mission 2.

I also have a copy of Robert Byrne's Pool Challenge for sale. This is an unreleased Nintendo game by American Video Entertainment. I own two copies of the game, and the one I am selling is on a circuit board, it has no case. However, I could stick it in an extra Color Dreams Castle of Deceit case if you want. I can scan a picture of this cart if you are interested in buying it, I don't have one with me currently. I am interested in serious offers only, this is an unreleased (and very fun, one of AVE's best) Nintendo games. Thanks.

Cart #1 is Crystal Mines:

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewar...inesproto1.jpg

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewar...inesproto2.jpg

Cart is dated November 16, 1989. According to a Crystal Mines revision timeline I have, this was at the end of the prototype stage. Cart most likely the same as the final version. Tons of hand soldering on the back.

Cart #2 is Impossible Mission 2:

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewar...proto/im2f.jpg

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewar...proto/im2i.jpg

The game contains an early chipset version used to bypass the NES lockout chip. This copy of Impossible Mission 2 is the same as the released, just an engineering copy.

Cart #3 is Pyramid:

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewar...ramidfront.jpg

A second prototype copy of AVE's Pyramid. As with the above cart, this game does not feature any mention of American Video's copyright. The cart appears to be the Famicom release of Pyramid (by Sachen) soldered onto a special American Video Entertainment Famicom adapter. Very nice!

Cart #4 is Moon Ranger:

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewar...ngerproto1.jpg

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewar...ngerproto2.jpg

This prototype of Moon Ranger is one of few known to exist. There were a few changes that I had spotted, enemy ships shooting different weapons and so forth. Then again, maybe I am just dreaming this all up since I haven't played the commercial release of Moon Ranger for quite some time. Uhh--yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I fired up my brothers' scanner today and I grabbed some pictures of the Robert Byrne's Pool Challenge cartridge. It is still available and begging for someone to add it to their collection.

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewarpzone/30.jpg

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewarpzone/31.jpg

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewarpzone/32.jpg

The cart has socketed Eproms with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a picture of cart with case. I need some extra money for college...so I can get things such as a guitar. If it doesn't sell on here, then I'll try ebay.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has Robert Byrne's Pool Challenge been dumped? or any of the others for that matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@SimplyNES: Pyramid, Moon Ranger, and Impossible Mission II have not been dumped. Crystal Mines has been dumped, though a ROM for the game was never released. It seems to be the same as the released game.

Neither of my copes of Robert Byrnes Pool Challenge have been dumped. However, I believe that Martin's copy of the game was dumped. I also heard that there was a source compiled version of Cue Stick floating around, though it was never shared with me, unfortunately.

On another note, I am more interested in selling Robert Byrnes then I am the rest of the carts.

If anyone else has questions, please ask. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$700 for Byrnes. Any takers? Leave me an offer/pm. Thanks.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$700?! are you f**king insane! It's worth no where near that kind of money...

Oh and Robert Byrnes Pool Challenge and CueStick are both dumped, trust me I know... since I did it myself...
    Longtime webmaster of...
    www.nesworld.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesworld
    That reminded me of the comedy "Used Cars" and there shootin tha sh*t out of the nice new cars!!

Look at this nice Nes Robert Byrnes Pool Challenge Prototype, only been dumped once a nice slice of retro collectability!... wuuuuh $700 thaaaaats... tooo Fu****kin!! high!

..XS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Martin Nielsen/NES World: You are a douchebag. Perhaps you didn't read the forum rules clearly enough? Read number 6:

6. Don't march into a thread and state that you can get an item for $X on eBay or some other online store. If you think their price may be too high, don't be rude about it. If others feel the same way, then it won't sell. This is a hobby where each person gives an item a different monetary worth. While it's fine to look out for others, people should also do research into the item they are buying.
    And you dumped my Robert Bryne's Pool Challenge cart? I think not! You may have dumped the ones that you own, but nothing says that the two I own are identical to yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@predatorxs: Read the fucking forum rules boy.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by TRM
    Someone's getting testy. Do you really think calling people boy and a douchebag is going to help you sell this game?

dave

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never mentioned ebay!

But good luck getting 700 for that game, and I just love the way you smashed up that blue casing... and an AVE game in a Color Dreams casing, hmm yeah
    Longtime webmaster of...
    www.nesworld.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never mentioned ebay!

But good luck getting 700 for that game, and I just love the way you smashed up that blue casing... and an AVE game in a Color Dreams casing, hmm yeah
    I always appreciate luck! Thanks pal.

Just a few other comments. First off, you seem to find a AVE game in a Color Dreams case amusing. Well, I don't find it too weird. Didn't AGCI/Sharedata produce a few Chiller carts in blue Color Dreams cases And then there is your Tengen Tetris cart on an AVE board.

As for the smashed up casing, an empty Color Dreams cart don't do me a lot of good. Yep, that's right. The circuit board had gone to another project. My dear departed Castle of Deceit cart, rest in peace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and another post. Anyone interested for $500 or $475?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TRM
    Hey TRM, i didn't mention you nor did i march in and start anything i just thought Nesworlds post was funny, and i gave my reason for it in the post "Used Cars"

Take it easy, i wasn't out to offend anyone, i just thought his reply was funny.. But i hope you manage to sell your Proto's, i collect snes proto's and i'm always interested when i Ninty Proto threads.

..XS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just ot of curiosity, could you please tell us how did u get this games?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll give ya $300 for it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well TRM, AGCI licensed everything from CD, so a Chiller game in CD casing isn't too far out, but AVE didn't license anything from CD. Since Richard Frick used to work for Atari he probably knew the programmer of Tetris and got a copy of the binaries and some engineer at Macronix made a cart. Tetris doesn't run too well on an AVE board though. As for my Secret Scout in AVE casing, Phil worked for CD, so he might've received the binaries from DeForrest or whoever it was that programmed Secret Scout.

Interesting bit... an AVE PCB actually fits in a Nintendo cart casing.... If I remember correctly, Odyssey Software used a Nina1 board in a Renegade casing for their Deathbots non-interactive demo.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love how everyone is making a big deal out of unlicensed AVE games anyway though. It's funny, with all the effort you guys put into these guys and Color Dreams, you should try talking to the guys that did some of the games that REALLY mattered, like California Raisins, and the the mystery of Bio Force Ape. This is why I like reading Lost Levels....they took the time to research the stuff that people do want, and do like, and was featured in Nintendo Power. Now, I like pool games, but come on, this bickering over AVE is like complaining that someone stole your expired milk from your lunchbox.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was featured in Nintendo power.. Who reads Nintendo power say "I".

Gotta admit though it doesn't sound too typical that something like it would end up in Nintendo power. The conflict of interest in it for them(Nintendo) bothers me more than the fact that they didn't work to get in Nintendo power just by trying hard. It's not like one of these AVE supporting guys could get into Nintendo power, you can't just be in Nintendo power by working hard and trying really hard. The fact that they did get in Nintendo Power shows that someone used influences(favors) not "plain hard work".