Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis Collecting (Box or No Box)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I found any Genesis cart I didn't have in good condition, I bought it, box or no box. It paid off when I picked up 750+ boxes on eBay for $25.

Snorter (950+ Genesis games and counting...)
    Visit http://www.GenesisCollective.com for the most extensive Genesis database on the net.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

How exactly does one find Genesis boxes without carts? That would be nice...

Tempest

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You don't much anymore unless you have some videostore that happens to have an excess of boxes, or a funcoland/gamestop with a friendly manager...

Snorter
    Visit http://www.GenesisCollective.com for the most extensive Genesis database on the net.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have like 7 games and there all cib so im gonna keep tryng for that

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funco/Gamestop is starting to shrink the games with their boxes and manuals more and more. Granted I haven't asked for boxes or manuals in their for a long time, but I'm not sure they would give them away anymore.

I find that non-chain used games stores usually have tons of these laying around. I've got a few I hit occasionally, and I always walk away with 20 or so boxes or manuals every time I shop there. Most of the time they don't have the games that match the boxes, and so they have no problem with letting them go.

I'd keep an eye out on eBay for this stuff though. You may be able to get a cheap find like snorter did. I'd kill for that find, lol

-Hitman-

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default Re:

Is everyone deaf here? snorter said it too, ask your Funcostop guys.

And snorter, if you ever, EVER, find another triple digit box lot, please msg me and I'll be your best friend ever :0

dave

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Boxes

I generally avoid loose carts like the plague. To my mind, if you loose the box for something then you are not taking proper care of it. The sturdy Megadrive boxes do a great job of protecting your carts from muck, dust, being trodden on, slipping down the back of the sofa etc. Plus if you have all your games in boxes, other people are much more likely to treat them with care, because they can see that you do. This is important to me because a lot of people come round and play my games. Plus i can store boxed games a lot tidier than loose ones. yes, just me being anal, but I like my collection to *look* good.

Also, if you have all your games boxed, your collection looks a lot bigger That's just a bonus. The only loose games I have at the moment are ones that came with big lots that I bought. And they are all in a plastic bag in a drawer somewhere . . . I don't like seeing them. And pretty much all my games are complete with manual - excepting Alien Soldier (damned if I was going to pass that one up for lack of manual!) and Ball Jacks. And, until yesterday, Light Crusader - but I picked up a complete copy for about $3, so I can get rid of the boxed one now.

Vroomfunkel

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

To me, I always liked the plastic Genesis boxes. Good box art front and back, no cheesy logos or designs taking up talf the box to distract from the artwork, neat place to keep the instruction book and good place for the cart.

Unlike the Nintendo boxes where carboard is protecting the cart and it can still move around, the place for the Genesis cart was locked firmly in place with no worries about it jumping around or getting damaged.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all mine are boxed,.some are complete. i keep my genesis games on a shelf, and the boxes on another shelf with their manuals in them. i do this because if i kept them in boxes, i would have to open the cardboard ones sometimes to get the game out and that can mess up the box and takes too much time to do when you can just grab it off the shelf. does everybody else keep all of theirs in boxes??