Thread: NES Rerelease? or at least classic games collections?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES Rerelease? or at least classic games collections?

With the current popularity of the rereleaserd retro titles on the GBA and the retro looking GBA, Does anyone know if nintendo plans to roll out a rerelease of the original 8 bit NES or the newer toploader? I think that'd be an awesome thing to do and would give them a lot of sales with the poor gamecube sales....and if they will never do that (which they probably never will) does anyone know if they plan to release any retro collections on the for the cube (like say a mario collectors edition with super mario 1-64? (I have the megaman anniversary collection and zelda collectors disc, and both are very enjoyable)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

while i would love to see a rerelease of the NES system, it wont happen....it just wouldnt sell to anyone except people like us DP members....especially if they didnt rerelease games to go with it

i would love to see a mario GC collection disc, and i would say that that is a possibliity, so we will have to wait and see
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

I don't understand why people think Nintendo would ever roll the NES out again. I could see a controller with games built in type deal (ala all the priates out there) but with seemingly millions of NES consoles still in service out there, what would be the point of reissuing the 8-bit NES? It'd cost way too much to do correctly and other than the relatively few collectors, who would buy it?

As for retro packs...yeah, nice dream, but I don't see that ever happening either. As long as people are willing to pony up for the games indiviudally on the GBA, don't expect Nintendo to ever make a collection out of them. (C'mon Nintendo...prove me wrong.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

If Nintendo wants to seriously cash in on the retro market I think they ought to look into releasing a TV Games-type handheld. The Famicom pirates have been getting away with making these things for years Nintendo would sell a zillion of them if they made an authorized product with SMB, Excitebike, Zelda and some other staples ought to be on the thing.

Peach (Level 3) ghostangelofcky's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be more realistic I wouldn't be surprised if you see a Konami collection or the data east collection. You know, alot of older nintendo games on one disc. Just like what they are doing now with the atari and other older systems. It would be cool if nintendo tossed out the NES collection for the gamecube with about 15 to 20 games of the original NES carts. Like all the "adventures series" carts, "shooters series" and so on.

ghost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Historically speaking, companies have claimed that they don't make money off the systems, merely the games. Why would they re-release a system that they won't make money on that plays games you can get at flea markets and thrift stores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They should make an NES "player" or an snes "player", like the game buy player, it will hook onto the gamecube. Or an N64 player. Or, if its possible, purchase the right to other systems, and have a genesis player, etc.

Of course, They would piggyback and the new system would be called the "Game Tower"

hehe.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As much as I would love to see a mario compilation (I would be in heaven) it's never going to happen. It just doesn't make sense from there profit point of view. It would be a $20-30 dollar game, or a bundle filler. Meanwhile they are selling these games for $30 bucks a pop for the GBA which more people own then gamecubes anyway. So unless they sold the compilation for around 150 bucks, there is more profit to be made.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish a NES style Gamecube would come out. That would be sweet. We will see next year.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think we'll get any classic compilations from Nintendo, because they'll sell them seperately for $20 and make lots of money on that. However, I'm still hoping konami will wake up and make a castlevania collection with rondo of blood.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crush Crawfish
    I don't think we'll get any classic compilations from Nintendo, because they'll sell them seperately for $20 and make lots of money on that. However, I'm still hoping konami will wake up and make a castlevania collection with rondo of blood.
    Ditto. That would be great. They (konami) made that castlevania and contra comp for the pc but that alone is still not good anuff.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spoon
    I wish a NES style Gamecube would come out. That would be sweet. We will see next year.

Too bad it's fake, otherwise we'd all be as happy as this family playing Mario Paint with the box stratigically placed to face the camera. I wish I could paint a picture as cool as hers.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Slightly OT: Didn't Konami release a PC pack of their NES Castlevania games a while back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon

Too bad it's fake, otherwise we'd all be as happy as this family playing Mario Paint with the box stratigically placed to face the camera. I wish I could paint a picture as cool as hers.

besides the words FanBoy on that gamecube...it looks really cool....if Nintendo released something like that, id be sure to preorder it.....hopefully they will take the hint with the success of the GBA SP NES and give us more stuff to buy
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983