Thread: Is there a list somewhere on which MAME games run on XBOX?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is there a list somewhere on which MAME games run on XBOX?

Here is the situation.....

I have several thousand MAME games on my XBOX. A good portion of them run great on the XBOX. But some of them don't run at all. And then some of them run, but have serious problems.

Is there a list somewhere, that breaks down which MAME roms run perfect on XBOX, and which ones don't?

I would love to just put the roms on there that run perfect and conserve space on my XBOX hard drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Due to the several thousands of games, coming up with a list gets pretty hard. And not to mention, it gets even weirder figuring out which games don't run well because it's MameOx or which games just don't run well in any Mame in the first place (which is a lot)

But again dude, you're kind of in the wrong place. Do you even check out the emulator forums at http://forums.xbox-scene.com ? I must've told you about that place a couple dozen times.. Digitalpress forums isn't exactly the spot to get loads of xbox emulator info :P And if I recall correctly there are a couple of threads over there specifically about MameOx compatibility (Mortal Kombat for example works better on some versions of MameOx than others)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146
    Due to the several thousands of games, coming up with a list gets pretty hard. And not to mention, it gets even weirder figuring out which games don't run well because it's MameOx or which games just don't run well in any Mame in the first place (which is a lot)

But again dude, you're kind of in the wrong place. Do you even check out the emulator forums at http://forums.xbox-scene.com ? I must've told you about that place a couple dozen times.. Digitalpress forums isn't exactly the spot to get loads of xbox emulator info :P And if I recall correctly there are a couple of threads over there specifically about MameOx compatibility (Mortal Kombat for example works better on some versions of MameOx than others)

Yeah, I know that you've told me about that place many times. I've been there many times, but for whatever reason that site just seems to load so freaking slow it's ridiculous. I have dial up internet right now, which of course sucks, but trying to view that site with dial up, is like a lesson in torture. It takes forever, just to view a couple of threads.

Also, the people there have somewhat of an elitest type attitude, and they expect you to already understand everything about emulation and the Xbox. They don't really cater to the uneducated noobs like me.

I was just hoping somebody here might have had a link to a list, because the people here are much friendlier and even if you don't know everything they are willing to help you along.

Also, when you go to that site and look for the tutorials on stuff regarding the XBOX, they have a million tutorials on different stuff, and it takes a long time to simply find the right tutorial that you are looking for.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah the site is really slow, not just for dial up users even, hehe. I can't even get on it right now, but it's the only place I know of that has a list of compatibility. I'll try copy pasting it here once I'm able to get to the part of the forum that has it.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well it's color coded so I'll send you a link.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...T&f=17&t=55496

That'll take ya right to the list.

Insert Coin (Level 0) phantomfriar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know what "rom set" you're using (if they're really outdated, there's a much higher probability they won't work), but I would score a set of fresh new ROMs from the net (www.mameburner.com is great -- he'll do a whole set for nothing, just discs you provide and shipping back). The current Xbox mame is using .84 version MAME ROMS, but even though I'm using .85 ROMs (the most current version), I assume they'll work better when the next MameOX is released.

By the way, I TOTALLY agree about Xbox Scene. It's a very frustrating site, because while the information IS there for almost everything, so are tutorials that give conflicting information -- at least for noobs. The message boards do have an arrogance that makes it more difficult to comprehend everything, because it's definitely a process that requires a learning curve. And no tutorial, at least from what I've seen (and I've spent hours on end doing so), tells you everything in black and white....you need to have prior knowledge of some of this stuff before it all makes sense. Then you ask a simple question and most times they fire back with "stupid noob! Read the pinned topic!" (when the answer to the question I asked wasn't even there!).

Just make sure if you are into classic gaming systems and want to play them on the Xbox, RE-NAME your files so they'll FTP properly! If someone had told me that ahead of time, it would have saved me a good deal of frustration and effort.....