Thread: Midwest Gaming Classic 2005 Needs You Now!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Midwest Gaming Classic 2005 Needs You Now!

The Midwest Gaming Classic has been over for just a little over two and a half months, and the time to start planning for the next Midwest Gaming Classic is now… only this year has to be very different.

To make a long story short, if the Midwest Gaming Classic will happen again in the future, we need your commitment to help us out now. Gary and I have had some great help over the past few years with Marty Goldberg and Tom Lucht, but unfortunately there is still too much work for just four people to do. We need to get help with everything from getting people to help sponsor the event to helping to create and distribute flyers.

The Midwest Gaming Classic has been a labor of love for Gary and I over the past three years. We have spent a lot of money creating a show that we really felt proud of, and we have no regrets. On the other hand, we have spent countless hours putting the show together and to date have lost a significant amount of money for doing it. We did not create the show to make money from it ­ we created the Midwest Gaming Classic as a way to bring electronic gamers of all types together to celebrate in the diversity that has occurred in electronic gaming over the past 100 years. We feel strongly that this year’s show totally accomplished that goal, and we are extremely proud of that fact. Unfortunately, our pride does not overshadow the fact that the Midwest Gaming Classic has lost well over $4000.00 in the three years of operation, and the show cannot continue in the future without a lot of help from the community.

This is where you come in ­ if you would like to help the Midwest Gaming Classic continue into the future, we need you to contact us in some way and offer your help. No matter what your skills are or where you live, if you can offer them you will help bring the Midwest Gaming Classic back to Milwaukee in 2005. We could use people for any or all of the following jobs and more:

- Graphic design for flyers
    - Graphic design for the Web site
    - People to distribute flyers throughout town
    - Volunteers at the show to help man the entrances and exits and sell tickets
    - People to write articles
    - People to help contact prospective sponsors, vendors and exhibitors
    - People with PHP skills to help update the Web site on a timely basis
    - People in the Milwaukee area to provide more “things to do” pictures
    - People willing to sell tickets to the event
    - People to provide materials to help the event (paper, signage, tape, etc.)
    - And just about anything else that you can think of to help!

The truth is that we are going to need a lot of help from people if there will be a Midwest Gaming Classic for next year. If we do not receive a strong response within approximately one month, we will either cancel the event for the foreseeable future or completely change the scope of it. I hope that everyone can understand our position on this matter.

If you are interested in helping the show, please email me at loosen@goatstore.com and tell me what you would be willing and able to do. Please also note what work, if any you have done in the past for any other projects. You do not need to live in Wisconsin or even be planning on attending the event if you want to help.

Thanks in advance!
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Graphic design for flyers
    I know nothing of this
    - Graphic design for the Web site
    or this
    - People to distribute flyers throughout town
    what kind of distribution? Door to door?
    - Volunteers at the show to help man the entrances and exits and sell tickets
    I'd be willing to spend some time doing this, but i certainly want plenty of time to browse the show too
    - People to write articles
    I'm illiterate :P
    - People to help contact prospective sponsors, vendors and exhibitors
    my phone/people skills are pretty decent.
    - People with PHP skills to help update the Web site on a timely basis
    I dont even know what PHP is
    - People in the Milwaukee area to provide more “things to do” pictures
    Examples please
    - People willing to sell tickets to the event
    do you meen at the show or?
    - People to provide materials to help the event (paper, signage, tape, etc.)
    hmmm...i have a habit of running with scissors so...maybe i should pass on this one
    - And just about anything else that you can think of to help!
    I'm a journeyman Union Carpenter, so if you can think of anything related to my field of expertise, i'd be more than willing to give a helping hand.
    Also, I have a Candy cab that i might be willing to bring.
    Contact me and we can get together at the GoodWill again .

~bill

BTW I'll pass the word on. I'm sure i know a few more than willing parties who'd like to help out. Fear Not!
    My XBL Gamer Tag is : NipRing

MVS 29"CANDY CAB SERIAL: 98515
    Upgrades include 6 Slot MoBo, Oversized Speakers,
    MV-IC Memcard reader w/ Headphone Jacks, UniBios 2.0

I Snatch Kisses...And Vice-Versa

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Dan, i'm in.
    - People to write articles - COUNT ME IN man, i'll write away.
    - People to help contact prospective sponsors, vendors and exhibitors - sure. i'll help with this.

- And just about anything else that you can think of to help! - i can provide plenty of help here too...if you need setup crew, or anything like that, for at the event...like for setting up tables/chairs/etc....i'm in...
    Also, i'm willing to pitch in and help with the site itself. I'm still an HTML rookie today, but within a month or two i'll know more than enough, considering i've got web classes this fall....
    If you need someone to do mailing work, i might be in for that, too.
    Signs/tape/etc for the show - you mean like the signs pointing "pinballs this way"? Sure. why not.
    I'm in, Dan. If you want to discuss anything further, call my cell 920-254-4219 , email to crazy-in-wisc@wi.rr.com, or contact me on any messenger on my sig, or drop in Digital Press' EFnet IRC channel #Vbender (i'm always there.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Dammit, count me in. I can advertise in the whole city of green bay for you.

Well here's a little tidbit of info for you. After MGC I opened my own vidoe game store in Green Bay, I've wanted one for a few years and after MGC I decided I really wanted the store so my brother and I opened a store and have been doing good.

Everyone in Green Bay will know about MGC 2005 if it happens. We also might sponsor the event , but we better get a good sellers spot and a good amount of room . I will try to help out with other stuff, but now it seems i am always short on time.

If you get Erica back to sell Bawls Drinks count me in 110%

who are you going through for signage? I might have a better person. let me know.

I'm also planning on having a Trade Meet up at my store after CGE and Goat Store and the whole group that was working is invited. We'll also be playing games and drinking beer and your more than welcome to crash at my place if you want to.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can help with the grapic design and publication layout for the flyers, ads and event programs. I can also help with local photography and web photography...don't know jack about running a website though.

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in Milwaukee and willing to help any way I can. You can contact me at Atarian75@aol.com

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

If it's wanted, I could distribute flyers in the Janesville area, if by that you mean like post em up around on stuff, ect. Might be able to get the beloit game crazy to hand em out too, dunno.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread/subject looks oddly familar. Where have I seen it before?
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    This thread/subject looks oddly familar. Where have I seen it before?
    Um, yes... The new topic that was asking for a specific response via email if people want to help. We had a decent response on message boards to people helping before, but I didn't have enough people actually contact me directly even after emailing them once. Considering that the event -- if it happens -- would be about six months away now, I'm making one last attempt at finding help because we simply can't do it all again ourselves and would love members of the gaming community to help. If we don't get enough help, there will be no more Midwest Gaming Classic.

If anyone is interested in helping organize the event, please visit this thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49637 , read through it and email me. This thread gauged interest, and now we need your help.

Thanks in advance!
    Dan Loosen
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

email sent, Dan.
    Everybody, get your shit together and get some support out. no excuses.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hrm.
    Emailed dan two weeks ago. heard nothing.
    Edit: OH SHIT. I changed my email last week. Goatdan, sending PM.....

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update:

If you emailed, you'll be receiving an email from me tomorrow as long as I can find the time to send it. We finally had time for everyone to get togehter for a meeting to discuss our options today, and we've got a pretty good idea of how we plan on moving forward.
    Dan Loosen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

Have to put my hat in on this too. I want to go and visit and participate.
    I'd like to help out with stuff like promoting, ticket sales or man the doors.
    I could try writing articles too. Anyway if you could give me specifics,
    just e-mail me at Krypto953@yahoo.com.