Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamecube Bonus Discs

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gamecube Bonus Discs

I am trying to compile a list of bonus discs that were released for the Gamecube.

So far here is what I have,
    Ocarina of Time Bonus Disc
    Mario Kart Double Dash bonus disc
    Metroid Prime - Echo's
    Pac-Man VS.
    Pokemon Colleseum Bonus disc
    Star Wars Rebel Strike Bonus disc and Pack-in Bonus Disc
    Zelda Collecters Edition

Is this it, or am I missing some?

Thanks for the help,

Clay

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Add Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    Egbert, I miss you...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pac-Man Vs. disc

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek
    What's this? Is it a preview disc or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can check the Online Rarity Guide for my list, which contains the bonus discs, but here's the short version:

Two kinds of discs, those that you get for pre-ordering, and those you get included with the game at retail.

First kind, pre-order, include:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
    Pokemon Colesseum
    Star Wars: Rebel Strike/Original Star Wars Arcade Game

These were all available in their OWN dvd snap case, with color insert, and you would get them as a bonus for pre-order.

Pac-man VS.

This was packaged in a small cardboard, color sleeve, also a pre-order bonus. However, this was the ONLY way to get this game by itself. It was available in the Player's Choice 2-in-1, Pac-Man VS./Pacman World 2.

Second kind, retail purchase bonus, include:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike

Each of these came in a 2 disc dvd case, with the bonus disc packaged alongside the game disc. The Star Wars one is MUCH harder to locate.

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition

This was a bonus for purchasing the Gamecube system. Basically, they were sent to retailers to give to anyone who purchased the Gamecube, during a specified promotional period. There was a sticker on the Gamecube system box, and the retailer would give them the game. "Not for Resale" should adorn the cover, but that has never stopped anyone.

That's pretty much it.

If there is in fact, a Metroid 2 bonus disc that has recently surfaced, I would love to know more, as I haven't heard of, nor seen it.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any more questions.

Steve
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by orrimarrko
    Pac-man VS.

This was packaged in a small cardboard, color sleeve, also a pre-order bonus. However, this was the ONLY way to get this game by itself. It was available in the Player's Choice 2-in-1, Pac-Man VS./Pacman World 2.
    Also R:Racing Evolution, which is how I got my copy. Pacman Vs was a pre-order bonus on I-Ninja.

The Star Wars bonus disc was a pre-order bonus in a separate case. Some retailers didn't run out of stock however and ended up giving it away with the game anyhow.

This was a bonus for purchasing the Gamecube system
    You could also have gotten it via the Nintendo.com website by either getting a sub to Nintendo Power or registering a Cube and two Nintendo games PINs.

The new Metroid Prime 2 bonus disc has a playable demo on it along with artwork etc, and is up for registering @ Nintendo.com at this moment. To get it you can either sub for Nintendo Power (if you didn't previously); or have registered a Cube and 5 Nintendo games; or get it (like the Zelda Collection) from a special Metroid Prime Cube pack coming up shortly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Pac-man VS.

Also R:Racing Evolution, which is how I got my copy. Pacman Vs was a pre-order bonus on I-Ninja.
    I may be misunderstanding what you are saying, but R:Racing Evolution was not offered here as a preorder in the US. The Pac-Man VS. bonus disc was the "freebee" for pre-ordering one of THREE games: I-Ninja, R:Racing Evolution or Pac-Man VS./Pac-Man World 2.

The Star Wars bonus disc was a pre-order bonus in a separate case. Some retailers didn't run out of stock however and ended up giving it away with the game anyhow.
    While I don't doubt that some retailers gave it away, the other part of what you are saying is not complete information.

There are TWO Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike bonuses. One is a pre-order, and one is actually just like the pack-in bonus disc from Mario Kart-Double Dash!!.

Make no mistake, it was available two ways. You would get the one in a separate case if you pre-ordered the game. You could also get it in a "two-disc" case with the actual game. This version has a orange sticker on the cover, announcing the extra disc.

I have this in my collection, and would be glad to post a pic, if I only knew how.

This was a bonus for purchasing the Gamecube system
    You could also have gotten it via the Nintendo.com website by either getting a sub to Nintendo Power or registering a Cube and two Nintendo games PINs.

The new Metroid Prime 2 bonus disc has a playable demo on it along with artwork etc, and is up for registering @ Nintendo.com at this moment. To get it you can either sub for Nintendo Power (if you didn't previously); or have registered a Cube and 5 Nintendo games; or get it (like the Zelda Collection) from a special Metroid Prime Cube pack coming up shortly.
    Interesting about the Metroid bonus - I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the info.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="orrimarrko"]
    Pac-man VS.

I may be misunderstanding what you are saying, but R:Racing Evolution was not offered here as a preorder in the US. The Pac-Man VS. bonus disc was the "freebee" for pre-ordering one of THREE games: I-Ninja, R:Racing Evolution or Pac-Man VS./Pac-Man World 2.

It wasn't a pre-order thing over here either! When you buy R:Racing here you get Pacman Vs free in the dvd case, packaged i the same way as the MKDD/Zelda disc thing.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I wasn't talking about Pacman Vs being a pre-order bonus with R:Racing, I meant it came with it when you bought it like Pacman World 2

As for getting the Rebel Strike bonus in the same case as the real game, I didn't know about that at all. Never heard a single person with one until now. Interesting

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I edited my list. I did not know about that second Rebel Strike Bonus disc. I would love to see a picture. Now to figure how to get the Metroid Prime disc. I only have 3 codes. Maybe I need to go shopping.

Clay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clay
    I edited my list. I did not know about that second Rebel Strike Bonus disc. I would love to see a picture.

Clay
    I found it/them at Target. I would be glad to take a picture, but I don't know how to post it.

I could always take the pics, and email them to someone or something.

Steve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Lambrini
    All registered members at Nintendo.com got an email. If you registered a Game Cube and 5 games, you are eligable. No charge. (They never asked for a credit card or mentioned any shipping charge, so apparently there is no purchase required. Kick ass!)

Basically, the discs will ship August 20th. So if you have a Cube and 5 games with PIN numbers, get your ass over to Nintendo.com.

And yes, it is a preview disc. From the email:
    Registration = Rewards!

You've registered your Nintendo GameCube and five games, now reap
    the rewards and get the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc! This
    highly anticipated sequel won't be available until November, but
    you can be the first to get a sneak peek as Samus ventures into
    the planet Aether, a world torn between dimensions of light and darkness.

Just let us know that you want to receive this awesome reward. It's easy,
    but act now because supplies are limited! Just go to
    http://www.nintendo.com/metroidprime2.jsp, log in and choose "Yes!"

Hurry, you don't want to miss this amazing offer!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Lambrini
    All registered members at Nintendo.com got an email. If you registered a Game Cube and 5 games, you are eligable. No charge. (They never asked for a credit card or mentioned any shipping charge, so apparently there is no purchase required. Kick ass!)

Basically, the discs will ship August 20th. So if you have a Cube and 5 games with PIN numbers, get your ass over to Nintendo.com.

And yes, it is a preview disc. From the email:
    Registration = Rewards!

You've registered your Nintendo GameCube and five games, now reap
    the rewards and get the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc! This
    highly anticipated sequel won't be available until November, but
    you can be the first to get a sneak peek as Samus ventures into
    the planet Aether, a world torn between dimensions of light and darkness.

Just let us know that you want to receive this awesome reward. It's easy,
    but act now because supplies are limited! Just go to
    http://www.nintendo.com/metroidprime2.jsp, log in and choose "Yes!"

Hurry, you don't want to miss this amazing offer!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
    Hmmmm, what a surprise it's not in Europe. I'm telling you, I get sick and feckin' tired of this!! Nintendo just treats Europeans like a second class...

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Though for this game, it's probably easiest by far to do a US bonus disc because the game is being programmed in the US. Strip the engine down, have a level or two, and bingo, instant demo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

I edited my list. I did not know about that second Rebel Strike Bonus disc. I would love to see a picture.

Clay
    I found it/them at Target. I would be glad to take a picture, but I don't know how to post it.

Steve

i would love to see a picture too....i am a little skeptical, considering that the nintendo.com store sells spare 2 disc GC cases, so this could be easily homemade......i need more proof....
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly

Clay

Steve

i would love to see a picture too....i am a little skeptical, considering that the nintendo.com store sells spare 2 disc GC cases, so this could be easily homemade......i need more proof....
    WOW.

Skeptical - now that's funny.

I'm 33, and certainly don't have the time, patience, nor inclination to try and propogate a HOAX on this site.

I'm responsible for the US Gamecube rarity guide on this website, and so I focus some of my spare time searching for oddities for the Gamecube.

I happened to be in Target one day, and saw a Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike with a small Orange sticker on the plastic, in the upper right corner. I read it, and it said (paraphrasing, because it's not in front of me) something about a Free Bonus disc inside.

I bought it, and opened it up, but saved the sticker, because I wanted to take a picture. Inside the case were two discs, packaged like Resident Evil, or the Mario Kart with the bonus demo disc.

Top disc was the game, bottom disc was the bonus disc, with the Original Star Wars Arcade game, and extra materials.

I would be more than happy to take a picture and send it to someone who can post it.

Just don't doubt my reporting - I have better things to do with my time than fend off implications of "storytelling."

Steve

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dont forget about the Preview Disc given out with new GameCubes from 2003.

The disc included Demos of Sonic Adventure DX, Splinter Cell, Viewtiful Joe, Billy Hatcher and Soul Calibur II.

There were also a few movies included as well and some downloadable content for the GBA.

Jay
    Jay
    Cube Your Enthusiasm Forum

Your not-so-friendly neighborhood Nintendo fan (I'm a New Yorker after all)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

orrimarrko, I can post a picture for you if you send it today before 5:30. I'll be out of town the rest of the weekend though.

*edit* - Just click the e-mail thing to e-mail me.. I forgot that's a feature on this board!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will have pics on Monday, and can email them to whomever can get this one this thread.

Thanks,
    Steve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

[quote="Pedro Lambrini"]
    Pac-man VS.

It wasn't a pre-order thing over here either! When you buy R:Racing here you get Pacman Vs free in the dvd case, packaged i the same way as the MKDD/Zelda disc thing.
    Pac-Man Vs in a dvd case? They did that with PMW2 over here.

I wish they had it in a standalone dvd case though, the paper sleeve sucks.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives