Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default CHALLENGE IX: Pointy Gifts

It's been a long week and you've been together on this god-forsaken imaginariy virtual island long enough to have formed some real digital "bonds".

This one isn't so much a challenge as it is a way to say "thank you" to another tribe member, in or out of your own tribe.

RULES:
    - post a "thank you" to any other tribe island member, explaining why you're thanking them (or their tribe).
    - you may only post once in this thread. If you post twice, the game ends immediately.
    - you may not edit your post in this thread. If you do, the game ends immediately.
    - this game ends when tribe island locks, at approximately 8pm EDT tonight.

SCORING:
    - you get a point for posting a "thank you" to any other tribe island member.
    - you get three points for being the recipient of a "thank you".
    - you can receive multiple "thank you's" in this thread. Have you been GOOD?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

hey everyone....i would like to thank everyone for making this a great week....but, i would especially like to thank Joe and the Sega Tribe for hosting this contest as well as this amazing site....thanks for giving all of us something to do and something to look forward too.....

Thanks again Joe....
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This contest has been a blast without a doubt.

My thanks go to Joe and Adam. I know you two took a lot of time out of your personal (and professional :P) lives to create contests and score all the posts here. It couldn't have been an easy task.

I've learned a lot and you distracted me from work. Quite the win-win situation.

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I'd like to thank Joe & Adam too. Since you to can't get points (I assume), I'll officially thank Aussie2B and Cmosfm for sticking to their guns and being the only people in there tribe (from what I could see). Takes guts to stand alone against the big guys. If there were others in those tribes and I missed them good show too!
    What have you done America?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would also likle to thank Joe for starting this contest (it remined me of the alter ego one he did a while back)
    to other tribe members thanks also for making this fun. (my computer was being upgraded so I couldn't be part of the most challenges,not to mention work took up most of my time)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I've already thanked Joe and Adam, so I will go out and thank Daria for being the only one to teach me something about my own tribe.

Even if she did botch Challenge 4

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to send out an official "thank you" to tholly and downfall for their help against the attacking villians in Challenge VII. If I can only give one thank you, let it go to downfall since he could use the points!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I guess I can say "thank you" to people from the Epyx, EA and associated tribes for sticking up for the C64 associated members seeing as everything is pretty much interlinked!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keir to the nth power
    I would like to send out an official "thank you" to tholly and downfall for their help against the attacking villians in Challenge VII. If I can only give one thank you, let it go to downfall since he could use the points!

I'll have you know that you could replace "downfall" with "Keir to the nth power" and you'd have almost the exact same answer from me. So instead of typing up something else and not saying it as well, I shall copy and paste:

I would like to send out an official "thank you" to tholly and Keir to the nth power for their help against the attacking villians in Challenge VII. If I can only give one thank you, let it go to Keir to the nth power since he could use the points!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Gotta give a big thanks to Aussie 2B for being a loner in his tribe as well, made me feel a bit better. I wish this week (real life) wasn't so hectic so I could have had more time to post...I really wanted to make a big impact but I guess things work out like that sometimes.

Thanks to everyone (no, everyone doesn't get 3 points. :P) for making this contest great fun! I hope to see more things like this, especially when I'm not so busy!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to give a thank you to the whoel Nintendo tribe. Cause they were even there when teh Virtual Boy was released! We pulled threw though. And now on the island we have each others back. Once a crew, always a crew. Thanks to my boys!
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My thanks goes out to Mr. Foodmonster, for being the only other member of the Capcom tribe, besides me of course. Capcom tribe salutes you!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

Thanks to all who recognized Lemmings as my tribes best game, and to all who remember Psygnosis and the Amiga fondly!

It made being the sole Psygnosis Tribe member worth it!!

Cheers,
    Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My thanks goes out to the Konami tribe, but more specificly Davidbrit2 for telling me what the hell 'Martial Beat' was.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Tough to pick just one person, but I'm gonna thank Azazel. He posted even more than I did this week, and between the two of us, a lot of interesting topics came up. I learned quite a bit of cool info this week.

A big thank you also goes out to my few "loners". The big boys would be nothing without our great third party games. ;) And of course, the hosts have to be thanked as well. This week has been a blast.

Peach (Level 3) Pop Culture Portal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, here's where I have a problem...I've always been accused of being too nice, too flaky, too silly, or just plain indecisive...who to thank? hmmm...

Well, thanks to Joe and anyone else connected with the very likely daunting task of putting this extremely entertaining contest together. How often can you say...doesn't really matter what the prizes are, playing was reward enough...(by some strange alignment of the planets and I DO happen to win something, please ignore last statement ).

Also, thanks to the friendly C64 tribe who got to reminisce about the ol' days with me and to Keir for bringing up Bard's Tale in the EA forum (definitely got people talking).

Also to VinnyT, tholly, and, Crush Crawfish for being the "clowns" of this contest....it's a compliment guys, really!
    All right youngens, bath time. Cover up your eyes and drop your britches! Who wants wax?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A thank you for Aussie2B for learning various things about Tri-ace not to mention a few other things here and there. Not to mention one sticking to a tribe that most people don't know much about.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to thank Joe and adamG, of course, and also sisko, because the "why does YOUR tribe stink?" thread is very entertaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll give Cmosfm some credit for doing a hell of a job representing a shitty small company in the face of all the big boys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to thank Azazel and Darth Vader

Azazel who posted a ton late at night (or morning depending how you want to look at it) and gave me something to read when most of the boards were slow.

Darth Vader for being the only one to give Tecmo Super Bowl some love

I would aslo like to thank everyone else who posted in the Tecmo threads.

I'd also like to thank Joe and adamG for running this fun contest. I hope you guys try to do this again sometime. I hope I see some of you at CGE soon.