I'm a little bit late here, but am I the only one who's a bit peeved that XBN (XBox Nation magazine) didn't call this the Odd West?

Anyhow, while I'm probably not alone in never having been too interested in the series up to now (especially the first XBox release which I "played" in demo form on the Halo disc...that was quite enough), I think this one looks more fun than most anything on the horizon for next year, given the interesting bits (a "double barrelled" crossbow with living ammunition like Chippmunks that "talk a bunch of sh*t," and a Ghostbusters-style bountyvac? Yes plz)

Perhaps not so obviously "fun" but still mesmerizing is the project American McGee's been drafted to recently, called Scrapland. It mostly just looks really pretty impressive (it takes ten minutes to run through one end of the game's city to the other - wow) and detailed in a cartoonish sense. Character models fit their environment perfectly, which seems a bit like an American take on Phantasy Star Online, though I don't care much for the character model that I assume is for the heroine (robot). This game seems to exhibit many similarities to Alice, but let's hope poor AI isn't one of them.