Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how much of your collection is unplayed?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default how much of your collection is unplayed?

How many of your games have you bought and never bothered to play??
    I used to be pretty good about not having an unplayed stack...in the last few months though, with the MGC and 2 trips to dave2236's video game kingdom, i've got an embarrasingly high percentage; i'd say a number possibly as high as ten percent, is currently unplayed.
    By "played" i do not mean sticking the cart or disc in to test it for five minutes then shelving it...for ME, it usually means trying to beat the damn game, but for realistic purposes, i'll draw the line as having put multiple hours into the game.....more than just a half-assed glitch test...
    where do you sit? 5%? 25%? do you intend to work that number down?
    I'm working at it right now.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Approximately 80% of mine have been as of yet unplayed. I used to just play a game for awhile then start up another one, but I've been determined now to just finish a game before starting a new one. (Of course, it would probably be better if I stop buying the damn things until I DO finish a game, but sales are just sooooo tempting. )

At the rate I'm going I'll finish them all by 2143.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've tested about 95% of my games (just play them for 1-2 minutes to see if I like them or not), the remaining 5% are sports titles which I really have zero interest in :)
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to be really good at not buying new games until I'd played/beaten the old ones, but graduation from college coupled with a recent pay raise have done that in. I'm probably at or near 50% of my collection being unplayed, with probably 5 to 10% being games that I don't really have any intrest in playing but have for the collections sake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At least 50%.

FF7 is still in my backlog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm guessing i've got a 60% backlog. I usually get determined to not get another game until i've beat or at least played the ones I have ... that's when I go in a store and c game X that i've been looking for forever right in front of my face. At that point I usually cave in and get it.
    Formerly letsallgameon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

all of my games except 3 have been at least put in and tested ( i got lazy with these last 3)

as for spending a lot of time on a game....most of my games dont see much play time at all...

granted, some games have no point to spend a lot of time on because some games are just the same thing level after level, or may not even have levels and may only be games where you try to get a new high score

i would love to spend hours with every game, but some games just dont deserve my time and its sometimes hard to find a lot of time to play what i do actually want to play
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say that I've played about 15% of them at one point or another.

Many of them have never been opened.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: how much of your collection is unplayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_kamino
    i've got an embarrasingly high percentage; i'd say a number possibly as high as ten percent, is currently unplayed.
    How is that embarrasing? You probably knew that most of the people on here are way higher then that. Well mine is probably about 70%, and that still doesnt embarrass me.
    Midwest

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: how much of your collection is unplayed?

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    i've got an embarrasingly high percentage; i'd say a number possibly as high as ten percent, is currently unplayed.
    How is that embarrasing? You probably knew that most of the people on here are way higher then that. Well mine is probably about 70%, and that still doesnt embarrass me.
    for me, that's embarrasing. at most it should be 1 or 2%, due to time constraints. But i know i'll never bother playing that Metroid or Ninja gaiden that's been in my nes drawer for 7 years . I seriously thought 10% was bad, but i am now seeing far worse. Jeez.....50, 70,85%????yikes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hooo boy...lessee...

Overall maybe 35% to 40% and that's mostly NES games. Y'know, buy a few up cheap and shove 'em away after you test 'em. Since my wife and I got a house and probably won't be able to spend as much on games as I used to I'll probably be rectifying this unplayed issue .

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

woah, i just realised how much 1 or 2 percent can be..out of 600 games that's 12....(about where i sit) for those with 2500 games, thats 25-50 games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Since I've been gaming for 20 years, I've played pretty much 70% of my collection at some point in my life.

The vast majority of my NES games I've played to completion (there were two summers in a row where all my brother and I did was rent NES games and 'beat' them within 2-3 days).

Unfortuantely, a lot of my Playstation collection hasn't gone in. Since it's mostly RPGs if I didn't play it when it released, I probably won't be playing it anytime soon.

My next gen collection is bad for quanities of unplayed titles as well. I'm a deal hound, and with all the recent madness with cheap new games, I've been hoarding them and just letting them sit there. My Steel Battalion (and thus Line of Contact) are both still factory sealed.

I do make an effort to play my 'classic' titles though. Some friends of mine get together on occassion and we break out the old systems and sally-forth into a land of 8 and 16 bits. Played Kenseiden on the SMS for the first time last weekend. Those training levels are grueling.

Since I don't sell my games, I 'intend' to play them all at some point. Unfortunately, it might take 35 years (retirement age) for me to get around to them. In the meantime, they look pretty rad on my shelves.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM
    Hooo boy...lessee...

Overall maybe 35% to 40% and that's mostly NES games. Y'know, buy a few up cheap and shove 'em away after you test 'em. Since my wife and I got a house and probably won't be able to spend as much on games as I used to I'll probably be rectifying this unplayed issue .
    hijacking my own thread here, but YoshiM, did you stay in 'falls, or find a house in sheboygan, etc?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I would say that the number of games that I have actually devoted multiple hours to is 10% or less, so that 90%+ of my collection is unplayed. But I am a collector, and I will buy any game that I dont already have for any system that I collect for. Thus I come home with a lot of games when I go to the thrifts, fleas, etc. that I have no intention of playing. If I get around to playing them, then great.

It would also help if I stopped playing Final Fantasy 7 over and over.

Chris

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really trying to fix up my unplayed/unbeaten backlog. I've maybe, MAYBE beaten 10% of my 1000+ games, so I'm really trying to fix that. I have actually played most of my games though, just to make sure they work.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got many unplayed games. Heck, I even have at least 4 still in the shrink wrap.

My excuse? I'm saving them all for retirement!

Dpad Junkies - // Get Your Fix //

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

My percentage is too damn high. In fact after CGE2K4 I'm going to impose a personal one-year moratorium on any game purchases (barring any "omg rare" cartridges I stumble across in the thrifts) until I get caught up. It sickens me somewhat to see the pile of unfinished games piling up. Starting to feel like more of a collector and less of a gamer. Personally that's not good...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have around 300 games and about 50 or 60 are unbeaten. most of which are NES platformers and PSX RPGs. The number got so high when I recently started collecting heavily and I was buying lots of games at once. Now that the summer is winding down and I'm going back to college I'll have less money to spend on games and more time to play them. So over the course of the next 7 months I should be able to bring that number down significantly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM
    Hooo boy...lessee...

hijacking my own thread here, but YoshiM, did you stay in 'falls, or find a house in sheboygan, etc?
    ::Continuing the thread-jack::

Found a place in Sheboygan. Good sized place with four bedrooms for two people who are packrats.

Now back to your scheduled thread, already in progress....