In almost every video game forum there's always been, in the history of said places, a thread or 2 or 12.. about some long-time respected member talking about being "burned out" or "its time to move on and put away such childish things."

There's the school of thought where games suck today... and then the SoT where you just eventually outgrow games as life takes on more priorities.

But some of us seem to burn out, and eventually come back. Or we never "leave the scene" so to speak.

Why?

I've had my dry spells but I've come back and I don't see myself "leaving" because the games I still play I have fond memories with... and they're still fun to play today. So... I never leave. There'll always be time for one more Hadoken or one more shotgun bullet between the eyes of a Baron of Hell.

I might stop buying systems in the future, but the ones I currently own and love, I will never get rid of... unless something really crazy happens.

You guys? Although I'm sure many of you feel the same way as I do, I'd still love to read all your responses.
Or even if you feel you will eventually outgrow them, tell us your thinking why. etc.