Thread: OKGE 2004 Competitions and George Sanger!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default OKGE 2004 Competitions and George Sanger!

Time for another update on what is happening at OKGE this year!

First for those who may have missed it before, OKGE will have a visit from George Sanger. Mr. Sanger is best known as "The FatMan" in the industry of gaming. Mr. Sanger's contributions include his first work where he created the main tune to "Thin Ice" on the Intellivision back in 83, One of the first interactive soundtracks on the game Wing Commander for Origin back in 90, the haunting score for 7th Guest and the 11th Hour for the PC and over 200 other projects. Mr. Sanger will be available during the afternoon of the OKGE.

Second we have two major competitions so far announced this year. The OKGE Classic Gaming Tournament will be back again this year! This event focuses on contestants playing 3 different games on 3 different systems for a set timeframe. The scores are tallied together at the end of the day to determine the overall OKGE Classic Gaming Tournament Champ. The main prize will consist of a nice package of goodies from the various sponsors of OKGE 2004 this year.

Also Brad Prillwitz a large OKGE supporter will be hosting his own Space Invaders 25th Anniversary competition for the PS2. Brad will have prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. You can get the full details on the Space Invaders competition here.

In addition door prizes will be randomly drawn throughout the whole day. Among the items this year to be given away are Frogger and Donkey Kong Coleco Tabletops arcades, Video Game memoribilia, gift certificates, an SNES and nice selection of games to a new home, and as a special treat, many of the door prize winners will recieve an autographed cart by Howard Scott Warshaw himself!

As always keep your eyes on the OKGE website for further news!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweeet, any ideas on what the competition games will be?
    - I don't really like my friends. Yeah, I don't really like your friends either. -
    Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're god damn right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as shit were.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I have ideas on what the games will be...but as always...that remains a secret. Afterall, since the competition is open to everyone who comes and attends. I have never really thought it was fair for people to know ahead of time what the games would be and get practice in. Afterall, not everyone who comes actually looks at the website more than once or twice, and they may not even know who Digital Press is or that there is such a community online like this.

The competition is only fair if the games remain a mystery. And since I am excluded from all the competitions anyway, it doesn't matter what I know...hehe...