Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July NPD Sales Numbers (poor gamecube is losing sales)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I agree with jaybird, as much as I like Nintendo, they're not doing much, and I'm not a sony fan anyways, xbox is my fav console since DC. As long as microsoft or nintendo stay in the industry gaming will be ok, because ever since sega stopped making consoles, everything has been dissapointing.
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

Quote Originally Posted by SegaTecToy
    Interesting how Xbox sales are pairing with PS2 sales now. The PS2 is in a sort of limbo now with very few really interesting games scheduled for release. Nintendo brought this poor perfomance for themselves. The only game people are really expecting now for GC is a new Zelda...
    I think Resident Evil 4, Paper Mario 2, and Metroid Prime 2 will do well too, although maybe only RE4 will "sell systems".

Personally I'm looking forward to Killer 7 (and of course the new Zelda)...

The Xbox has some good stuff on it and I would like to pick one up someday, but it would be nice if they came out with an Xbox Jr. It's too big and too ugly!

Back to playing MVS!

Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaTecToy
    Interesting how Xbox sales are pairing with PS2 sales now. The PS2 is in a sort of limbo now with very few really interesting games scheduled for release. Nintendo brought this poor perfomance for themselves. The only game people are really expecting now for GC is a new Zelda...
    And the next Pikmin, and...

Starfox (yaaaaaaaay back to flying :P)
    Metroid Prime 2 (duh)
    Paper Mario 2
    Mario Tennis
    Mario Party 6
    Resident Evil 4

Nintendo will do what it always does. Kick ass at christmas time. All those games are slated between now and xmas except Starfox which just got pushed back to early next year.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

PAPER MARIO 2

NEW... MARIO... RPG...

I just signed up for my own preorders of Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario 2 (and one of the new Pokemons).
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My 2 cents

My 2 cents...

The newest console I have is a Dreamcast, and that's enough for me.

That being said, if given only one choice. I'd take a GameCube. Not that I wouldn't take a PS2 or an X-Box... I'm not exclusive.

Fish Sandwich

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer
    Who is this theaveng d00d?
    Look up some of his stuff with the search engine, that's all I'm gonna say. He's persona non grata both here and at AtariAge, if that tells you anything.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphor Dot Fossils
    Who is this theaveng d00d?
    Look up some of his stuff with the search engine, that's all I'm gonna say. He's persona non grata both here and at AtariAge, if that tells you anything.
    A quick Google search also reveals he's been banned from Nintedophiles, and folks were calling for his booting on PlanetGamecube and XboxNation at some point. I believe he also regularly pisses people off on the various Commodore forums too. He's been a busy boy, our Troy.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who wants all the crappy licensed games that the GBA has? If they came out with better games, I'd buy more.
    Software ratios are low for GBA because of people like me, we're all getting pirated GBA multicarts, just kidding! I had 0 game until today, got Botkai for $7.50.

One problem is the price of software, $40 for a new release? Are you kidding, I bet Nintendo is raking in money and milk all its worth out of Game Boy franchise. Considering the cost of manufacturing games and software development, it has to be the most lucrative gaming sector, one reason Sony wants a piece of it badly. If games are like $15 to $20 range, you'll see that ratio going up drasticly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vincewy
    If games are like $15 to $20 range, you'll see that ratio going up drasticly.
    What ratio? Looks like you'd be losing money there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vincewy
    Who wants all the crappy licensed games that the GBA has? If they came out with better games, I'd buy more.
    Software ratios are low for GBA because of people like me, we're all getting pirated GBA multicarts, just kidding! I had 0 game until today, got Botkai for $7.50.

One problem is the price of software, $40 for a new release? Are you kidding, I bet Nintendo is raking in money and milk all its worth out of Game Boy franchise. Considering the cost of manufacturing games and software development, it has to be the most lucrative gaming sector, one reason Sony wants a piece of it badly. If games are like $15 to $20 range, you'll see that ratio going up drasticly.
    This is the second person who's seeing $40 for new games... where are you buying your games? Nearly everything is $30 for a brand new except for a few first-party games that are $35 and the NES classic series which is $20...

And think about the pokemon tie-in... huge number of people who automatically buy every new (or 1 of the new if they release two at once, dumb...) pokemon game. Not quite as bad as Madden but still powerful.

Also worth mentioning that a cart is more expensive to produce than any CD-related format.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll clarify, I meant if games are cheaper such as $20, LTD Tie Ratios will be a lot higher for GBA. While cost of making a GBA games, physically, is higher, the cost of software development is substantially lower, especially most are just 2D. The Game Boy franchise actually saved Nintendo during the post SNES era, not a bad thing at all.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird
    I don't know if it's just me, but the Xbox seems to be the only console that has games I'm really looking forward to. I may never buy another PS2 or Gamecube game at this rate.

Maybe Nintendo & Sony are too focused on their handhelds?
    Two words for the Nintendo Naysayers:

DONKEY. KONGA.

Nuff said.
    Ya know I've been watching people playing that at my local Gamestop and that really looks like alot of fun!
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default I third the Donkey Konga....

I third the Donkey Konga...that game is addictive!

I am not worried about Nintendo and the US figures for the Cube have always been lackluster. It doesnt matter really, as long as they have thier trusty portable making a killing. I give the Cube at least another year or so to showcase some solid games. I give them credit, they dont bunch up their releases and instead spread them out over a period of months. They have a solid lineup for Christmas, it is just that they dont have the multitude of 3rd party crap to go with it. They limped the poor N64 along way past its prime.. I think they just want the Cube is to just last long enough to make it till thier next system comes out, which is what I feel they can do. The only real question mark Nintendo has is if their new DS system will carry the success of the GBA line. Let us just hope so.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist