Thread: eBay help needed!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default eBay help needed!

I did order and pay for an iPod from the US a couple of months ago but it never arrived. The seller says he sent the package with USPS Airmail and that he received a customs declaration number which the USPS says cannot be used for trackig.
    So here we are me and the seller and none of us know where the bloody iPod is!

So what can I do? I am hoping for PayPal insurance or eBay insurance can give back some of my lost money. I have a "fraud report" against the seller going on at eBay.

Do you think I will get some money back?!!

Here is the iPod:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5705533815

Here is an e-mail I got from Paypal:
    "Dear Hans-Christer Andersson,

When you filed the complaint described below, we deferred investigation of
    the complaint because some of PayPal's complaint guidelines were not met.
    At this time, we have decided to open an investigation into this deferred
    complaint. We are in the process of contacting the seller to inform them of
    our investigation. "

I hope that some of you experienced eBayers can help me!
    Best regards
    HC Andersson
    Current favourite: Eyetoy Play - PS2
    Retro favourite: Sonic Pocket Adventure -NGPC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: eBay help needed!

Hm...Keep pressing them, and look for sites that actually help people who are having trouble getting what they've paid for.

Don't mean to be rude, but this says "Video Game Forum," not "I had trouble getting something off eBay," so your chances of holding my interest for the rest of the time it's going to take me to write this sentence are slim t

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Taht guy has some terrible feedback now, maybe he dicited, "Im done with ebay, ill just rip tons of people off before Im done".
    Midwest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that guy will get visited by the FBI

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for posting *ot* in the wrong forum!!

Thanks for the support all of you. After I had read what you wrote I posted a angry message on the fraud report and now he says that he will refund me fully thrue Paypal. I'm really hoping that he's telling me the thruth because I'm really longing for an iPod and have been waiting for one since the beginning of the summer.

You guys rox!
    Kind regards
    HC Andersson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HC Andersson
    I'm really longing for an iPod and have been waiting for one since the beginning of the summer.

You guys rox!
    Kind regards
    HC Andersson
    You over paid for that one. For a few dollars you can get that older style, new from stores. I work at CompUSA and we have 20 GB iPods in the 4 button 3rd generation style for 279. So unless you are somewhere where you cannot get them, I suggest visiting your local retail store.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="rpepper9"]
    Quote Originally Posted by HC Andersson
    You over paid for that one. For a few dollars you can get that older style, new from stores. I work at CompUSA and we have 20 GB iPods in the 4 button 3rd generation style for 279. So unless you are somewhere where you cannot get them, I suggest visiting your local retail store.
    Maybe I did, but the 4G iPod had not been showned when i ordered it so I guess that the 3G iPod has lost a bit price since. Anyway I live in Sweden/EU and I save about nearly 200USD on buying the iPod from US because the prices here is ridiculous. So little overprice don't hurt my wallet that much.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am sorry to say , but it looks as if you will never get the item. His recent feedback sucks badly. Who knows what the deal is and hopefully you can get a refund from paypal or ebay ?

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suppafly
    that guy will get visited by the FBI
    .. no he won't.. gimme' a break.

Look.. I've been an active eBay member for 5 years, and traded on many gaming forums/trade sites as well. I ALWAYS have to laugh everytime someone threatens a deadbeat buyer or seller with "the authorities"; and even more amused when someone makes a statement like this.

I think it all stems from the fact that eBay has always suggested getting local authorities and such involved in very big unresolved fraud disputes. Don't know about you guys.. but the local cops in my town (Bumfuck) are too fat and lazy and busy chasing down free donuts to even THINK about following up on an "out-of-town" complaint about some ripped off; nameless person to them in another state.

The FBI? Yeah right.. George JR is too busy making them run around.. looking for "nonexistent" terrorists.

Seriously guys.. have ANY of you EVER heard of one single unscrupulous seller ANYWHERE.. having his door broken down by the "Video Game Police"? If you have and can prove it.. I'll eat my words.

From my own personal experiences.. I've done hundreds of buy/sells/trades over the past few years (mostly on eBay.. but some through other venues) and I must admit.. I've been lucky. Out of all those transactions I've only been burned a few times; and the biggest was to the tune of only about $100. I also admit that most of my burns were simply involving VERY slow shipping or goods not as advertised. I have never had my money flat out taken.. ever. Mind you.. I'm not saying this does happen.. it just hasn't happened to me; and in every "rip-off" case I've had.. how much of my money did I recoup through eBay, PayPal OR the "authorities"? Zip.. nada.. zilch.. no matter how many "hoops" I jumped through for them or how much I paid attention to dotting my " i's " and crossing my " t's " for them when filing a complaint and filling out paperwork.

I mean.. I hate to be the devil's advocate here; or a "gloom & doom" naysayer.. but I learnt along time ago when it comes to protecting myself.. I'm the only one who can. I'd of taken one look at that guy's former feedback and said "NO WAY". You made a mistake even bidding on his sales. Hell.. I've had some real hard-core eBayers tell me they won't even come close to a seller with anything less than a 98% rating.

Chalk this up to experience (albeit.. an expensive one) and remember; caveat emptor (About the ONLY real advice eBay ever gives out).
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mean.. I hate to be the devil's advocate here; or a "gloom & doom" naysayer.. but I learnt along time ago when it comes to protecting myself.. I'm the only one who can. I'd of taken one look at that guy's former feedback and said "NO WAY". You made a mistake even bidding on his sales. Hell.. I've had some real hard-core eBayers tell me they won't even come close to a seller with anything less than a 98% rating.
    When the auction ended the seller had excellent feedback so your "advice" does not apply in this case.

We all know the buyer in this case is getting screwed. No point in trying to make him feel bad.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Other than filing something with your Bank or Credit Card company your probably out of luck.

The FBI isn't going to do much. I think there might of been one or 2 cases in last 5 years where the FBI might of done something.

Your only other alternative is to call him or visit the person. I know a fee people who have done the latter and got there money back that way.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have contacted Paypal about their Paypal protection so there might be an end to this iPodtrouble!

Here is a e-mail I got from the seller yesterday.

"Paypal is refunding you in full. I would rather do it through them because the last couple of people I refunded, they refunded also and I ended up paying double. Hope this is ok with you."

I have also got an e-mail from them telling me that it shouldn't take more than 10 days before I get the money.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No luck with Paypal it seams:

"We have determined that the seller is at fault in this matter but regret to
    inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's
    account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds
    associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed."

The seller has also blocked my e-mailadress so my e-mails just bounces back to me. If only I lived in US, if I only had a bat, I would have payed that little germ a visit!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG THIS WHOLE THING CRACKS ME UP